The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Reincardnation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChicagoMike
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ChicagoMike
Hey all,

I have heard quite a mix of feelings about this particular effect. Personally I use it all the time, not as a totally stand alone effect but as part of a larger routine. I've had a lot of fun with it (as well as the spectators of course!)) and was curious if anyone else uses this tnr method, or what tnr effects any of you are currently using...
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Hey Chicago Mike,

This is one of the first tnr routines I learned. I still use it from time to time when I need to do it really impromptu. I have found that it gets great reactions from the spectators.

As a lot of magicians do, I also use Garcia's Torn. It's probably my favorite because it is so visual and they get to keep the card at the end, though it's not totally impromptu.

I've done Matthew B.'s TNR a few times but have found I don't like all the set up and you don't end totally 'clean' at least right away anyway.

It seems Charlie Frye's Ripped and Fryed on the TA DVD's is gaining some popularity. I have yet to perform it for an audience but have practiced it and like it very much.

I know there are a lot of tnr effects out there but those are the four I've had experience with.

Mario
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I had the honour of spending a couple of hours in the company of Michael Ammar in the bar at Blackpool. Michael floored us with his 'Albo' card routines. I love T&R, but have always struggled / not felt entirely comfortable with aspects of the 'hands in pocket' or 'ditching' phase. Beautiful routines that are relatively easy, and the way the effect takes place removes nearly all heat from any dirty work .
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
In terms of 'normal' T&R, Cameron Francis 'Rehab' was one of the better ones I have tried.
koh
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of koh
I liked Reincardnation because of the one card use, but I felt there was still something missing about it. I was using Daniel Garcia's Torn because the visual aspect of it is beautiful. However, "Torn" requires a lot of practice to make it look really good. I also like "Torn" because it can be adapted on the spot with business cards if you're at restaurant.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Reincardnation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL