The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of beer is in your home. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Hemp ale, without the ale
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
LOL!

Hey Kevin, I'm going to a bluegrass festival in May in Holland. Too bad I can't smoke anymore. Smile

But I've heard the cookies in Holland are quite interesting.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I'll be at Kevin's place if anybody needs me...
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Leffe Blonde..slightly strange taste but very morish.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Apart from a nearly empty bottle of rum and a ton of partially used mixers, my liquor shelf in the cupboard is bare. It has been for a few weeks now- booze is expensive, and I'm trying to cut costs. When I do drink beer, it's usually a microbrew porter or stout, or, failing that, Guinness.

I do brew my own beer, on occasion. I'll have to do a batch one of these days.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Jaimz, I'll see you at.. well you know the time.

Jeff, have fun. Eat cookies in small amounts, they can hit hard..

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
A & W Diet Rootbeer, I have seven of them.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
A&W is the stuff. You ever try weinhearts (sp) rootbeer? Has a good foamy head. I hope that sounds ok..

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeah, Weinharts is good, out of Oregon I think. My wife decided I should drink a diet soda and all I like that is diet is the rootbeer. The thing is I don't really drink soda, maybe a couple a week (I drink a real beer about every two months or so), so I don't think I'm saving many calories.
BroDon
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of BroDon
Sam Adams Winter Ale...

And one remaining liter of Frere Trappistes Biere de Noel, soon to be consumed

On the subject of Franziskaner...I am a Franciscan friar in a community that continues to wear the traditional habit. A few years back, two of us were traveling in Germany (Munich and the rest of Bavaria). Inevitably, people thought we were shilling for the beer. Needless to say, we were treated to MANY Franziskaners on that trip!

Br. Don
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Rolling Rock, Miller Lite, and Heineken.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Estrella Damm and Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 16:59, BroDon wrote:
Sam Adams Winter Ale...

And one remaining liter of Frere Trappistes Biere de Noel, soon to be consumed

On the subject of Franziskaner...I am a Franciscan friar in a community that continues to wear the traditional habit. A few years back, two of us were traveling in Germany (Munich and the rest of Bavaria). Inevitably, people thought we were shilling for the beer. Needless to say, we were treated to MANY Franziskaners on that trip!

Br. Don

Brother Don...COOL to have you at the Café! Welcome to the Not Very Magical Still forum (we call it NOTS for short).

I don't believe I've ever seen a Franciscan here in Germany in the traditional habit...except for yesterday, when I saw maybe ten little boys dressed up that way (it's carnival time, and it's a popular constume). Of course, I don't live in Bavaria, where one is more likely to see people in habits.

I've seen four or five Cistercians in a traditional habit, however, which is something one dosn't often see in America.

Still, any of the traditional habits wold offer great opportunities for sleeving. Heck, you could productions like Harpo Marx.

If you ever get to Germany again and show up near me, I'll buy you a round. But not Franziskaner...something interesting.

Maybe once a year I drink something called Andechser, which is some kind of monastery beer (I don't know what order). It's a doppelbock, however, and I generally stay away from beers with too much alcohol.

Not that I have anything against alcohol. It's just that I like lots of fluid...I have a big thirst...and that extra strong beer is hard to keep under control.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
I saw maybe ten little boys dressed up that way (it's carnival time, and it's a popular constume).

Stone, is that what they call "Fasching"? There were a bunch of celebrations around town the last few days. Tapping barrels etc. Is this a typical German pre-lent celebration? I didn't know Mardi Gras was celebrated in Germany.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Yes, the name is "Fasching" or "Karneval" or "Fastnacht" in German. All three are Mardi Gras. While it's only a really big festival in catholic parts of the country like Bavaria and Cologne (Cologne being the New Orleans of Germany at this time of year), it's still the time for all the kids to dress up in costumes for school all over Germany.

My son went as an airline pilot. I bought him a hat and had to sew stripes on the sleeves of his blue blazer. Sounds cool, but my wife refused to help and the limit of my sewing expertise is to occasionally sew a button back on my trousers.

Ahhhh...but back to beer! Cologne has it's own traditional brew called Kölsch. (Also in Wikipedia, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6lsch_(beer) )

Everyone thinks "Octoberfest" is the time to go to Germany and...ah...imbibe. But right as we speak there are literally tens of thousands of people kicking back Kölsch in Cologne. And they will keep on doing it until midnight. And they've been doing it for a couple of days.

I wish like hell that I were there with them. Smile
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Hey Stoney,

Have you ever tried Warsteiner?

That was my favourite when I was based in Germany.
"But there isn't a door"
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Haha, now I've Silver Bullets from Coors..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'll say it before and I've said it again: Busch Light.

Unfortunately I do not currently have any at my house... I hope to rectify this rather egregious oversight.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Tom, I've put back a few Warsteiner. But actually, I'd had that a few times in the states. They make those five-liter party kegs that are great for parties, and export them all over the world. I bet you can get one where you're at.

And yes, Josh, we'll hear it before and we've heard it again...Busch Light.

But no need to go rectal with anything. Just buy some more beer, OK?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I hear that if you "rectify" vodka" it could kill you. Or it might make you feel really good. I can't drink vodka anymore, but that's not really drinking is it?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of beer is in your home. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL