The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » NFW v.s. double back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
those of you who love Double Back,may I suggrest getting Jon Allens video
"Spectators Doin't Exist"
As you can see I am a very big fan of Jon Allen
great inpromptu material for walk around.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I just bought Double Back and I already have NFW. I will do both this weekend and see which gets the better reaction.
Smile
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Jeff. Whatever gets a better reaction won't matter at all. The tricks are very different and are designed for different things. You cannot judge trees against rocks just as you cannot judge these two tricks against each other.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I somewhat disagree. They are both 'card tricks' to laymen. While the effects are different they do belong to the same genre, and so it is not so strange to compare their generated reactions. However, I don't see the point of comparing two marketed effects 'as products' to each other unless the effects are similar.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Marko, I understand, but they still are different effects done in different manners. They are quite different. One is a twisting the aces type plot with a change at the end while the other is an in the spectator's hands transpo using four cards. I don't think it is accurate to judge the tricks by the reactions and then go by that.

Andrew

-Andrew
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Andrew,

I saw the video of you doing Double Back with 2 black Kings and 2 red eights. I'm interested to know what patter you use since asking which was the red eight they saw is out of the question! Smile

In half an hour, I'm away for 10 days so excuse any lack of response from me.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

I don't ask them which card they put into their hand. I think it draws too much heat to that card and may arose a tendency to peak at the card to check what it was. My patter for it is still being worked on because I cannot do my patter for the original Doc Daley's Last Trick. I'll be finished any day now.

Andrew

-Andrew
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Ok, I'm back now!

Andrew,

You are right. Asking them which card you just put in their hand brings too much attention to the face down card. Asking them to remember whether the red five was a heart or diamond, showing them, then *discarding* it places no emphasis on the card whatsoever. I have never had anyone turn over the card prematurely.

With two red spot cards, you do not have the abiolity to present it this way.

I hope you find a presentation you are eventually happy with!
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » NFW v.s. double back (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL