The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What age is too young for hypnosis? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Hi interesting, ive been doing stage for years and my policy is no one under the age of 18. That way I have no problems ,law suits etc . In my clinic its not a problem , but always have parents writen permission or have them attend .BE SAFE. Hope this Helps
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
According to a psychologist I once met, it is dangerous to hypnotize children because, he says, the hypnotist could influence the mind of the kid in some way, because he or she does not have yet a strong personality. So, he used to practice hypnosis but never with kids.

I’m not a psychologist so I don’t know if he is right, but what are your thoughts about that?????

Giovanni.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2009-05-07 12:01, tiriri wrote:
According to a psychologist I once met, it is dangerous to hypnotize children because, he says, the hypnotist could influence the mind of the kid in some way, because he or she does not have yet a strong personality. So, he used to practice hypnosis but never with kids.

I’m not a psychologist so I don’t know if he is right, but what are your thoughts about that?????

Giovanni.

Giovanni, I'm sure you're accurately reporting what the psychologist you met said. However, do you realize how incredibly stupid it is? Everything you do around kids influences them. Kids (consciously and unconsciously) look for and find role models everywhere. They want to dress like their favorite music or movie star. They repeat things stated by teachers and parents. And they easily see hypocrisy in adults who use the excuse, "do what I say, not what I do."

The truth is, if you spend more than a few minutes with a kid you're influencing them. In fact, if you spend more than a few minutes with anyone you're influencing that person. It's literally impossible not to influence others. We all do it all the time.

Trained hypnotists, however, should understand the process better than others. Although it deals with another field (business management), I would respectfully suggest seeing the book _Influencing with Integrity_ by Genie Z. Laborde, Ph.D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What age is too young for hypnosis? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL