The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bro Gilbert's New Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Nope. Never been questioned about that. The spectator may notice it but I really don't think it sparks as anything uncommon to them. Its just the spot on the card. It really has nothing to do with the effect method-wise! It's only like that because of the bonus effect and for one little subtlety used with Deep 3.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
That was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw the trick.

There's nothing wrong with having the initials to one side. It's easier to see the letters as you go through the deck if you hold the cards at chest level. And, it does allow the backs to be shown. But, I think those are the only two reasons if you don't want to do the bonus effect.

I would suggest that the next batch of cards be printed without any letter guides so the buyer can print the letters anywhere they want. But, this is still a great trick no matter where the letters are.

Robert
espresto
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of espresto
This is an old thread, I know. I love the emotional impact of the orginal handling, and that is the way I normally perform this. But occasionally I use the deck as a demonstration in thought projection. I use the patter along the lines of the film, "Inception", whereby I will attempt to "implant" a word in someone's mind as the spectator scans through 19 pages of words containing approximately 4,500 words ( including acronyms, proper names and place names). I use 4 jokers for this effect and have carefully edited all the words. I use my Stealth Assassin for this, though it is not necesssary. On the top of the first page containing the words I actually have typed out " Center for Parapsychological Studies, Duke University, Thought Projection Test # 3). If anybody wants to try this out shoot me a PM and I will email you the word document. You can further edit the list and the title, depending on your patter. - Greg
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
Thanks for these comments! Espresto would love to check out your -Inception- style routine. As a quick note about the letter guides, some friends I know who don't want to use the flipped invisible principle built in, they just take a wide tip sharpie and scribble big bold letters that cover the entire backs of the cards, the guide lines are very faint and are either totally covered by the big block letters or incorporated into the little drawings I often do mentioned n the "jazz" section of the DVD where I talk about going fishing for more meaning and reactions with simple drawings. Hope this helps Smile

Bro
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1131 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I really like the jokers. Very well done, getting one soon. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
Paperinick if you look close at the joker woman, you will see how she inspired the name of the effect Smile Glad you like them.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm glad this post re-surfaced. This is one of my favorite purchases in the last 5 years. Bro is such a natural, fluid performer, who makes it seem like he's just a friend who happens to know some miracles. This effect is cleanly taught, and easy to follow. Love it, love it, love it.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2375 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This great effect is a bit hard to get now in the UK but we have some in stock.

http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/card......ert.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
My Deep 3 deck got misplaced in a move a while ago. Just found it a few days ago. Oh, how I've missed it!

I can't think of a more inherently meaningful effect anyone can perform with a deck of cards.

In my opinion this is one of the greatest card effects of all time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bro Gilbert's New Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL