The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bro Gilbert's New Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I have to fly sometimes for work, and that " popping thing" happens to me all the time on the plane,,,,, great for a full deck crimp control??!! LOL

I have not seen the dvd yet, but Paul Harris always delivers.... oh ya, and Bro too !

AG
Well then...
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Have this and love it and wanted to take a poll for others that have it. In the DVD Bro discusses the point of what the effect really is in regards to the initials appearing.
He asks should the letters seem to appear magically or is it treated as if they were there all the time.

I understand the strength and adavantages of showing the different backs of the jokers at the start which by doing so willl suggest that the letters magically appear.

Now in the video he states that it really does not matter what the spectator thinks and I tend to agree with him but was curious if anyone has patter that suggests one view point or another on the letters appearing,
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I think there are some good ideas from Tony Chris and the guys that were discussing "he Chosen" deck.. the X appears etc... may be of some help.

best AG
Well then...
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Quote:
On 2009-04-18 11:15, Scott Imler wrote:
Have this and love it and wanted to take a poll for others that have it. In the DVD Bro discusses the point of what the effect really is in regards to the initials appearing.
He asks should the letters seem to appear magically or is it treated as if they were there all the time.

I understand the strength and adavantages of showing the different backs of the jokers at the start which by doing so willl suggest that the letters magically appear.

Now in the video he states that it really does not matter what the spectator thinks and I tend to agree with him but was curious if anyone has patter that suggests one view point or another on the letters appearing,

I guess it depends on what kind of performer you are,I am a mentalist and I performed this a few times already,I don't show the packs of the joker at first place so they can seem like a prediction,I also changed the story of the effect a bit to make it look like a pure mentalism effect.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2009-03-28 17:16, Xcath1 wrote:
I watched the (full) trailer also. Don't know for sure if I am interested in another trick deck effect but thought it was very well done and commend the creator in the honesty and completness of the presentation. Becuause it does not destroy several cards each performnce it is more practical than DA2 and better than most things on TA (imho)

When you perform DA2 why do you destroy cards (You said it not me)? I would love to see your presentation. It has to be really astonishing.

Better than most things on TA...oh well everyone has opinions. Does that mean you do not like TA or just feel that Deep3 is so powerful? ...but I am still wondering about you destroying cards in performing DA2.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I don't understand how you're destroying anything when performing DA2. I don't think Xcath1 knows what he/she is talking about. I would say that DA2 is a better routine and still the best handling of the Anything Deck idea but for the sake of convenience and practicality, Deep 3 is superb. I need to work on handling the Deep 3 deck as I haven't touched a ID type of deck in years and the cards tend to split on me while spreading through the Deep 3 deck.
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Those people who own deep 3 , which handling do you prefer? IMO the basic handling looks cleaner,looking at the deck for the jokers instead of going through the deck. Any opinions?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The method with the p****l d*t is what I'm working on. Looks the most natural. I personally wish that the backs of the cards were marked for ease of use.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
I like the basic handeling, but the second handeling does have its advandages.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I'm now experiencing the "deck pop." I'm going to try Justin Visible's ribbond spread fix and see if it works.
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
I'm now experiencing the "deck pop." I'm going to try Justin Visible's ribbon spread fix and see if it works.
- Mario Orsini -

Mario,
How long has it been since you prepared the deck?
I prepped the deck soon after viewing the explanation on the DVD...waited around 20 minutes and then put the deck back in the box. I have not had any issues at all. It's been a couple weeks or so and I've performed the effect 4 times (super reactions by the way!)
The one thing that I'm concerned with is the humidity here in South Texas. I make sure that I keep this "type" of deck (BW/ID or Deep 3)in a plastic ziplock bag.
Maybe I'm being overly cautious?

Someone else on this thread mentioned that it may be a climate issue....

Anyone else have any input on this particular concern?

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Keep a few hardcover books on top of the deck when not in use. It prevents the pop and often times can temporarily fix the pop (the pop will eventually come back, it's just the nature of pasteboards).
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Rochaz,

The pop didn't show up for about a week. Maybe it did have something to do with the weather. Thursday night is was fine. By Saturday, the temp had jumped 30 degrees and I noticed the pop. I'm not overly concerned about it.

Mario
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
They really missed a great opportunity - these cards should be
Marked.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I did nothing to the deck and it was fine this morning. Must have been the humidity.
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Mario,
That's exactly why I store my deck in a ziplock bag. The humidity here in South Texas is a pain in the rear! Smile

I guess I'd rather play it safe......

Respectfully,
Juan
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Perhaps marked cards would have been easier, but I find the p***** d** method to work just fine. Just take the letters one at a time, beginning with the first alphabetically. Calculate the position in your mind, go to it, and then simply count to the second. It hasn't been a problem for me.
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
I use the basic method as my alphabet is different than english,there might be a confusion if I try to count the letters,there are a few missing ones so I feel more comfortable with the basic handling.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Hi guys,
Sounds like agreat effect but to things I would like to know before purchase.
Can the initials of the 'first person kissed' be the same letters ie: Thomas Taylor = T T?
Can the effect be repeated for another group at the same venue with a different outcome after a reset?
Thanks.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
You can't do double letters and how to get around that is fully covered on the DVD. Reset is seconds so you are covered there as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bro Gilbert's New Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL