The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Am I the only one busking in Chicago??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ChicagoMike
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ChicagoMike
Are you actively busking in Chicago? Where are you performing? I would love to see more street magicians here, but as far as I see, I'm the only one. I realize it's freezing at the moment, but I'm sure there's more of us when the warm weather comes back..., where are you?
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
Dude:

You're probably the only one out there now. I'm definitely holding off until warmer climes. Being a weekend busker, I can afford that luxury.

Once it gets warm though, I'm all about it!
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
247 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
There's another summer busker who works behind the counter at Magic Incorporated while it's cold outside. If you ever actually go to the shop he's there 90% of the time.

P.s.

Sturk has a killer act.
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
No way, man. That guy from Magic Inc is way better.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I think you are better, John. That is why I am coming to your lecture Saturday. If I do not come, it was because my paid show got in the way.
Maurice James
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Maurice James
Chicago? In the WINTER? WOW! Its hard enough when the weather is nice, what with the wind and all!

I like both Sturk and Ben. Nice guys.

--Maurice
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
I kept busking straight thru winter once because it was so sunny and mild...The very next year, however, November didn't even reach freezing so I continued in Hawaii
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
If your busking in this weather in Chicago, your a magic machine!!!!
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I can't see why others would want to stay and watch a magician outside in cold weather. Unless it is at an ice sculpture festival or winter event.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I would busk in Chicago if I knew of any spots. Daley makes you pay a toll for just breathing. From what I know any spots like Millenium park or Navy pier are off limits. Am I wrong?
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
247 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
It's illegal at Navy pier, Water Tower Place, Millenium park, and Daley plaza... .
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
How cold is cold
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Chicago ranks somewhere between New England and the last circle of Hades where the bodies of traitors lie embedded in a vast frozen lake.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2009-03-02 05:54, ed rhodes wrote:
Chicago ranks somewhere between New England and the last circle of Hades where the bodies of traitors lie embedded in a vast frozen lake.

Thanks
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
John Sturk, I really enjoyed your lecture. Now I know what I needed to know. Thanks man.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I have worked Navy Pier, Water Tower, and Millenium Park when I go thru Chicago. Made good hats until the cops came up to me and informed me that I was doing a naughty thing. I just did the "OH? Sorry I am just a travelling busker and had no idea" routine and told me to consider myself sternly warned and next time it will cost me. I do that about once a year, can make a quick hat before I get told to stop. As in anothr thread it is always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. The cops really don't want to waste their time with the paperwork so you'll get warned unless you mouth off to them.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Maurice James
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Maurice James
The temperature in Chicago is one thing. It is the wind and the wind chill factor that really make it tough.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-03-03 15:48, Paddy wrote:
I have worked Navy Pier, Water Tower, and Millenium Park when I go thru Chicago. Made good hats until the cops came up to me and informed me that I was doing a naughty thing. I just did the "OH? Sorry I am just a travelling busker and had no idea" routine and told me to consider myself sternly warned and next time it will cost me. I do that about once a year, can make a quick hat before I get told to stop. As in anothr thread it is always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. The cops really don't want to waste their time with the paperwork so you'll get warned unless you mouth off to them.

Peter

You think some day there's a chance you're going to run into the same cop twice and he's going to say: "Hey! We told you to move on last time!" ?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Not a chance. The only time I work Chicago is when I am passing thru it. I live in Cincinnati. As a local this might not work, but as a "tourist" you're pretty safe.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Smarty Pants World
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants World
Hey everyone with the weather finally warming up in Chicago, let's talk more about good (and legal!) busking spots in Chicago...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Am I the only one busking in Chicago??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL