The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » What is your favorite TT bill switch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ChicagoMike
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ChicagoMike
Hi,

I am currently using a bill switch from Darwin's Encyclopedia of tt magic. It's actually the only one I know. I'm just curious if anyone has a better method? As a bartender there is nothing better than having a customer tip you a buck; then changing it to a hundred.
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
I'd strongly recommend getting "Switch--Unfolding the $100 Bill Change" by John Lovick.

It is as complete a treatise on the effect as can be created, I think. It includes both TT and tipless switches, fascinating history, mis-made and TnR work, as well as many full routines.

It will give you more than enough to find the one that is right for you.

Since you are a bartender, you may want to turn right to Scotty York's "Change For a Twenty" which has wonderful motivation, and gets beyond the "Do you change the bill back or not" debate. You can also find Bill Malone's Bill In Lemon in there as well--easily worth the price of admission.
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
My Favorite is Kevin King Money Morph I use it all the time. It just flows no stopping. Here is a demo

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-T......2914.htm

Jeremy
DamastaMind
View Profile
New user
Bavaro Beach, Dominican Republic
60 Posts

Profile of DamastaMind
Check out "Visibill" by Richard Sanders too, it teaches some good varations as well as his Double bill switch...Richard is an excellent teacher and an innovator of the art of magic. https://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?key=1387&nd=showvideo
The MIND is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

Jeremiah 17:9
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Scotty York's change for a twenty.
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Another vote for switch and a tipless change. So much cleaner and completely impromptu...
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17250 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 16:58, Krazyjay wrote:
My Favorite is Kevin King Money Morph I use it all the time. It just flows no stopping. Jeremy

I'll 2nd that...Front Row Sankey begins with a great application of this version...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
I use Kevin King's method as well.

I would like to look into other methods but it seems that this one is pretty good.
meijen
View Profile
New user
Colombia
14 Posts

Profile of meijen
The first one I learned and the only one I know, now that I think of it, is the one that Jay Sankey teaches in the video very best of JS Vol 2. I think is the universal one isn't it?
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 15:33, ChicagoMike wrote:
Hi,

I am currently using a bill switch from darwins encyclopedia of tt magic...its actually the only one I know. I'm just curious if anyone has a better method? as a bartender there is nothing better than having a customer tip you a buck then changing it to a hundred.

I also use the one on Darwin's. Daniel Garcia has one called Twisted and he does it tipless.
<BR>Mikey M.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
3033 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I learned the switch from Michael Ammar's fabulous book, "The Magic of Michael Ammar". In his version, the bill NEVER leaves the sight of the spectator, thanks to a clever subtlety as well as making it much easier to open the bill. I see so many bill switches where the bill disappears from view for a few seconds. That just screams "He's doing something". Ammar's book is a SUPER RESOURCE.
DP
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I like Jay Scott Berry's version using a cloaking device. If you have a topit, you can toss it in there and show completely empty hands easily.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
The two best, I think, are Money Morph (Kevin King) amd Visi-Bill (Richard Sanders). I use them both depending on what the plot of the bill change calls for.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I like Sankey's "$0 Bill Switch". Great reactions.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Smith
Roger Klause from In Concert.
Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
67 Posts

Profile of Watson
Appreciate the suggestions given to ChicagoMike's question re the bill switch.

Now I've found out about 11 "best" items in this category. Some posts added a thought on the effect beyond just a name and creator, these are most helpful. As a newbie more explaination as to why a particular effect strikes someone as being the "best" would be appreceiated. (I know, I know, do my own homework. Hey, the Magic Forum is homework)

Matt H.
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I've used them all, but if I'm chatting & doing a casual lead-in--and don't have to worry too much about angles--I prefer the Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch or Sean Field's Infinity Switch.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1556 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Been playing with Lonnie Chevrie's TT bill switch. Liking it too. The folds are a little easier to make with a borrowed bill that hasn't been prefolded yet.
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
I use Kevin King's,there are a lot of good ones out there. Pick one & learn to do it well. As mentioned the book Switch is a great place to start.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 16:26, Rimbaud wrote:
I'd strongly recommend getting "Switch--Unfolding the $100 Bill Change" by John Lovick.

It is as complete a treatise on the effect as can be created, I think. It includes both TT and tipless switches, fascinating history, mis-made and TnR work, as well as many full routines.

It will give you more than enough to find the one that is right for you.
My copy came in the mail today ! I'm excited.
Thanks
Ralph

Since you are a bartender, you may want to turn right to Scotty York's "Change For a Twenty" which has wonderful motivation, and gets beyond the "Do you change the bill back or not" debate. You can also find Bill Malone's Bill In Lemon in there as well--easily worth the price of admission.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » What is your favorite TT bill switch? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL