The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » What is your favorite TT bill switch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
255 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
John Lovick's book is simply the best book ever on this topic. Everything John does has been incredibly well thought out, and I have tons of respect for him. His personal change (while not good from a "mismade" standpoint), is top-notch.

My favorite TT version is the one performed by James Lewis. Jim does it beautifully. Not only is his presentation pitch-perfect, but his handling is great. I've only seen two magicians do the TT switch well (no flash, and no covering up the bill). It's demoed on "Million Dollar Mysteries."

Joe Skilton
Joe Skilton
magicmatt
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of magicmatt
I have always used Ammar's version from his boot "The Magic of Michael Ammar". It's simple, classic, and straight forward.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The best, bar none, was Johnny Pual's bill switch. No TT, just tremendous handling and misdirection and charm.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
The John Lovic book Switch is the only way to go for learning the bill switch, be it with or without a t.t. As was stated above the book has all you will ever need to know and them some.

Other then the switch book. The book Roger Klause in Concert written by Lance Pierce would be the other best way. Best being very subjective of course but to me those two books are the only ones needed for the bill switch.

My favorite routine for the bill switch? The Name Is The Same-By Roger Klause. That Routine can be found in the switch book as well as Michael Ammar's book Encore 3

Randy
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
This might be the next best one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7thplPu9XU
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2009-06-01 14:24, Kevinr wrote:
This might be the next best one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7thplPu9XU

No because that is not a bill switch
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I think Juan Pablo does teach his tipless bill change on that dvd. Very visual too!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Yup
cmdash24
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cmdash24
I always used Sean Field's infinity switch.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I am always prepared to do a simple Sankey bill switch from his Hundred Dollar Miracles DVD.
The only other ones I have explored are Darwin's and Lovick's.

I always keep a TT in that special jean little pocket with a $5 bill in it.
Yesterday at work an employee was about to donate into a charity fund. When she pulled it out of her wallet it was torn in half. The folks that were standing in front of my desk jokingly asked what can you do about that?

Standing up with my hands to my hips, I said this should not be a problem.
The torn $5 bill was in the exact same condition as the one in my TT.
It was the best responses that I have ever received from that skeptical middle age crowd.

I never leave home without it.
I may be carrying a TT with a $10 or $20 so that I do not miss these perfect opportunities.
Maybe I should look into a no TT bill switch.

Eric
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
I like visi-bill, everything happens in a frame, and it just looks visually amazing, although it cannot be performed surrounded, I would have to say the angle is pretty good.
rizyanrizy
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of rizyanrizy
My fav switch is infinity switch by sean fields
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4890 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Have you seen Sammy j. triple bill switch? It uses 3 ungaffed Bills! If not you should P.M. Him and ask about it!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Thanks Dave! That routine is 30 years old now, but still a good one. Back then I changed the one dollar bill to a ten then to a hundred. Now I change the one to a hundred, then in an attempt to change it back to a one it turns into a mismade bill. I then give the mismade bill to a spectator for a sovenir (when the occasion warrants it). Lots of fun!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I still say, look up the Johnny Paul handling. Jim Ryan's is similar. Both olde time bar magicians from Chicago. No TT's
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4890 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Your wecome Sammy! Sometimes the older hadleings are the best!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
I like the 100$ bill switch. But using the mismade bill. Then it becomes magical with a curiosity at the end.
Nothing is better than more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » What is your favorite TT bill switch? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL