The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Jim Nastic Jokers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Just discovered this in Paul Gordons book "Cardistry" It's called Jim Nastic Jokers based on "Omni-Twist" by Marlo its a smart little routine.
Anyone else try this one yet and have any thoughts on it.

The effect in short is you show four jokers and turn 2 face down after you show both sides you flip pack over and magically gester all four cards are face down.You then repeat flipping two face up and showing all turning face down again then you explain that you used five cards and count five cards you take one away and you have four add the one back and you still have four then you hand the cards out and you are clean.
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
151 Posts

Profile of swamy
There is an interesting move used in the effect "Missing" by Aldo Colombini. In this the two cards are flipped face up and the flipped side of the packet is displayed as backs.

There is another effect with such a move titled "Secret" in www.magicvideodepot.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

I checked out The Secret on magic video depot Yes it looks like the same type of routine. Didn't know Mr.Colombini had ever published that video series Lasting Impressions tapes.Is that where you saw Missing?

Guess I just like how visual this trick is (and easy).
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
151 Posts

Profile of swamy
The effect "Missing" is from the video series "Lasting Impressions". The twisting move is being used in this effect. Aldo Colombini reffers this as "Larry West Move".
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Thanks for the information,

Leo Jr
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
The cleanest version of Omni Twist/Acrobatic cards that only uses the 4 aces and is examinable is Counting Puzzle from Steven Drauns L&L DVDs.

I have Cardistry (one of the most read books in my collection) and Counting Puzzle is essentially the same trick as Jim Nastic Jokers (minus the 4 cards becoming 5) but which can be done impromptu.

*Checks book shelf* Actually Paul does have an impromptu version called Aces Up in his booklet Card Conjuring, however I prefer Counting Puzzle as a longer routine.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Thanks for the information I never looked at Steven Drauns work but will be checking it out. I see he has a Web Site

Also I must look for Paul's book Card Conjuring one I don't have.

Thanks
Leo Jr
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
No probs, Card Conjurings out of print however a few magic sites still stock it. I got it from themagiccompany.co.uk

If you do get it, check out The Chatsworth Cheat, its one of my fav anytime, any deck effects (its a different spin on The Amazing Fingerprint Test from Cardistry)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Jim Nastic Jokers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL