The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Good Cut and Restored rope routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I've decided to expand my rope magic. Looking for a pretty good close-up walk-around cut and Restored rope routine. Any suggestions?
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
502 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

Find Patrick Page's endless rope routine. You do a cut and restore but endlessly use the same rope. Harry Murphy here on the boards is a big proponent. Do a search, there are quite a few discussions on the topic.

I believe the routine and setup are on his 25 tricks DVD and in a set of lecture notes.

The great thing for you would be not having to carry around a spool of rope.

Good luck.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Joe is right. The first thing to consider is to use the same rope through your whole session if you're doing close-up or walk around magic.
Have a look at "Slashed" by Scott Alexander.

Oliver.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
....and if you're looking for great rope, just let me know.

Dany
http://www.BaronianTrading.com
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
"Ghost Rope" from The Wizards' Journal #1 is a cut and restored rope routine where the rope is mysteriously severed in half by a ghost. The two pieces of rope are separated, and then restored. No rope is used up during the routine, and it does not use the gimmicks of Pat Page's Everlasting Rope- which can sometimes cause problems and give themselves away. The routine described on my site uses a hangman's noose and a story about "Nearly Headless Nick" from the Harry Potter books, but it is open to a variety of different types of ropes and routines.

Another great rope walk-around is Fl!p Halema's "O-pener" rope. You'll find it on the "World's Greatest Magic - Professional Rope Routines" DVD from L&L Publishing.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Good Cut and Restored rope routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL