The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Preventing Silk Wrikles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rjsmith608
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of rjsmith608
Was wondering what the best silk is for thumb tip? I want it to be able to sit in the tip for a long period of time without getting wrinkled.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Instead of looking for a wrinkle-proof silk, you should be looking for another way to produce a wrinkle-free silk without using a thumb tip. There are only a couple of hundred different ways to choose from for producing an unwrinkled silk without resorting to thumb tips as the method.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
368 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Quote:
On 2009-03-01 18:20, rjsmith608 wrote:
........I want it to be able to sit in the tip for a long period of time without getting wrinkled.

Yeah, me too. I also want to buy "Origami" for about $40. I was also hoping to learn how to back palm 3 decks while still in the box! Smile
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
Thumbtip steamers work well

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 5:29pm
Oops streamer
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2009-03-01 18:20, rjsmith608 wrote:
Was wondering what the best silk is for thumb tip? I want it to be able to sit in the tip for a long period of time without getting wrinkled.

Good luck, R.J. Finding silks that will do that would be a magic trick in itself! While some silks are more wrinkle resistant than others, I have not found any that will not wrinkle under tight compression. The longer you leave the silk compressed and the tighter the silk is compressed, will worsen wrinkling. Silks that I have bought that are less likely to wrinkle are the heavier silks (around 8 momme or so), and they are not suited for TTs.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
368 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
.....also, along the line of "wrinkle reduction"......I totally unfold mine.........then wrap them around an empty bird seed container (a little bigger than an aluminum soda can) and slip that into an aluminum (large, tubular) peanut brittle container with a lid.

......seems to work pretty well........Duane Laflin is pretty smart about silk mgmt. and this is a roughly modified version of what he does.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I have had success storing my silks on hangers. Simply take a spring clothes pin and clip the corner to the hanger and let it hang down naturally.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Preventing Silk Wrikles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL