The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Amanda’s Great Magic Trick (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Amanda’s Great Magic Trick

Hey guys, just started reading book ONE by R Shane (Pentalogy).

I just read ‘Amanda’s Great Magic Trick’ and OMG! What a scary way to screw with people!

Have any of you mailed the cards and letter to anyone? What was their reaction?
If a normal free caring person were to receive this letter, I am sure that they would freak out! Soooooooooooooo Evil.

Ray
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
It's one of my favorites.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Bill,

Can you image this as a CHAIN LETTER using E-mail? WOW!

Ray
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
R. Shane is one of my favorites !

Kotah
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:
On 2009-03-02 18:38, KOTAH wrote:
R. Shane is one of my favorites !

Kotah

And you have a bit part in the letter too Brother!
[
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Ive done this as a stand alone piece ( with a little PK thrown in for good measure ) ,went down a treat . Have also played it with the script being on a small casette and had my niece read the part.Has to be my favourite effect in the book.
Mark
E.O.I
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
What is the basic effect?
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-03 19:47, Matthew St. Cyr wrote:
What is the basic effect?

Think of the movie 'The Ring' and that people NEED to do something within ten days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5CvZGv8yNs

Thinking about making up 50 letters and picking addresses from whitebook.com and mailing them!

R
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
For those who don't know the effect it can be found on page 22 of the free sample at leaping lizards website.

http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/pentalogy.pdf

I love it too...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Although I don't do the bizarre stuff, this effect really appealed to me. I guess it's because I love horror movies.

My one thought was to have the letter in an envelope. You randomly pick someone and ask their name. When they say it you act almost startled then say, "I guess this IS for you." You open up the envelope and hand them the paper inside and go through the routine. At the end you say, "I'm assuming you are now going to have to find someone to do this to... but apparently she knew this would be for you." You turn the envelope around and it has the person's name on it.

How: Simple NWing and you have plenty of time to do it as the routine goes on.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Thanks, Greg. Nice idea!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-03 22:06, Greg Arce wrote:
Although I don't do the bizarre stuff, this effect really appealed to me. I guess it's because I love horror movies.

My one thought was to have the letter in an envelope. You randomly pick someone and ask their name. When they say it you act almost startled then say, "I guess this IS for you." You open up the envelope and hand them the paper inside and go through the routine. At the end you say, "I'm assuming you are now going to have to find someone to do this to... but apparently she knew this would be for you." You turn the envelope around and it has the person's name on it.

How: Simple NWing and you have plenty of time to do it as the routine goes on.

Greg

Greg,
You are going to give someone a heart attack if you did that! LOL

Ray
Magnalucius
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
210 Posts

Profile of Magnalucius
I have done this routine for a year. I translated the letter to spanish, I show it and say I received it. I give the letter to a spectator, another follows the instructions (there is a improvisational theater performance with two audiece members as actors). At the end, I give a copy to every one.

But Greg´s idea is awesome! Usually, I present this routine as funny, humoristic stuff (well, bizarre humor, people smile, but found something sinister) but the idea with the name can transform it into a scary one.
Lux In Tenebris
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

I would think that this effect would lose its punch if done in a show environment. I feel that it would be much more eerie to perform this in a close up setting with a few people. After the reading of the letter, place your hand over theirs and say, “Sorry, but I only had two more days left since I read the letter, I hope that you understand”. Then stand up and leave!

Of course you come back and relief their panic of the moment.

Ray
Jubin
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jubin
Quote:

Really??? Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-04 12:59, Jubin wrote:
Quote:

Really??? Smile

I just put that in there as a disclaimer! LOL ……. Didn’t want people thinking I was too mean!

IMHO it would be BETTER to just walk away and let things happen as they may! LOL

Ray
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I would leave both letters on the table and just fill in the date of the one addressed to me to 9 days prior. After I would sincerely apolygise, get up and walk out...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thanks, guys. Maybe I do have a knack for the bizarre... hmm? I really love horror movies and I remember how this idea from Shane made me smile.
I got an evil grin when I thought how chilling this would be to do to someone... especially during a seance. What if that's the spirit you are contacting and this is one of the final things you do? I think some would need a change of underwear.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-04 13:46, Silvertongue wrote:
I would leave both letters on the table and just fill in the date of the one addressed to me to 9 days prior. After I would sincerely apolygise, get up and walk out...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Shhhh Greg ,too nice a thought .....
Mark
E.O.I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Amanda’s Great Magic Trick (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL