The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Mahko Tendo Rolling Card production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
What is this card production, and where can I learn it?
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Zombieboy:

I believe the effect you're refering to is one where Mahka holds a playing card between his forefinger and thumb. Magically, cards appear between his other fingers, until both hands are holding 4 cards apiece, like other magicians hold multiplying billiard balls between their fingers.

It's sort of magic and sort of a flourish. I saw him do it about 15 years ago, and it's very impressive.

He released it the 80's in an issue of a publication called MAJ (Magical Arts Journal). All the details are there. I can tell you it is the mother of all knuckle busters! Very tough to do. I tried, and eventually gave up.

It might have been written up since then, or there may be a video, but I haven't seen it.

Good luck to you.

Ron Reid
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I know Jeff McBride does this but I beleive it is not on the videos. Smile
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
A few years ago, I heard that Mahka had an instructional video out on card manipulation, but I was never able to verify it. You might wish to check with him, or if anyone on the board knows if this is true or not....................

Smile
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
238 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
I too had heard that this was described in the Magical Arts Journal but I believe it is now out of print and I have not been able to locate a secondhand copy of it. I have been looking for a description of this for a long time. Does anyone know if it is described in any other manipulation book or lecture notes?

Stuart
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Stuart,

Let me know what your address is and I'll send you a photocopy of the effect as it was published in the Magical Arts Journal.

Regards,

John
"One arrow. One life."
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
According to "The Illustrated History of Magic" by Milbourne Christopher, Le Roy did this type of production before Mahko Tendo. So I don't think it is his production.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
You may find it on Japanese Magician, Shinko's card manipulation tape put out by UGM in Japan.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Alex Tan, meet Alex Yan. Do you know where I could find this tape in the states?
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
http://www.superhandz.com/featured.htm

If you watch this video I think he does this production. I remember seeing an ad for the video you guys are talking about in the back of Magic magazine once.

Lee
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
The page cannot be recognised...

Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22842 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Before Tendo, the "Magic Christian" in Europe published his Rolling Card Production in his lecture notes. It is a little simpler than Tendo, but the effect is the same.

Bill Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Christian's is very good... however, I "think" Alex Elmsley put this in print a long time ago.

Much like a multiplying billiard ball effect. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
If anyone has a current place where this could be bought or reviewed, I would be interested in it. Thanks.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I have copies of both the Christian's and Tendo's. To be honest, Christian's is probably a little simpler. You have more contact with the cards, unlike in the Tendo version. PM me Kyle.

Does anyone have any info on Alex's 'multiplying cards'? I would like to know anything about them...

Thanks
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Alex's can be found on his L&L tapes, vol. 3.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1069 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Magic without apparatus has the effect!
You can get it from Denny and Lees for $40 American.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Mahko Tendo Rolling Card production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL