The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Applied online, when am I a member? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I know that the local assembly may have to approve my application if I am not an associate member, but I was not given an option to be an associate member or any kind when I applied online. I just needed to know if anyone knew how long it takes to officially be a member. I normally am not in such a rush but I am trying to hurry my application process because the deadline for the scholarship SAM offers is due at the end of the month. I have everything ready to go but since I only applied for membership a few days ago I'm worried all my work for the scholarship will not be able to be processed. Of course I'm excited to be a member in general but of course I do need to try to get this scholarship they offer. Any thoughts?
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi, David, and Welcome!

I know you're nervous because of the Monti Scholarship deadline, but I'd like to set your mind at ease on at least one thing: you don't need a sponsor for S.A.M. membership because you applied on line and automatically became an associate member ... after reading and accepting the Oath, of course:o)

If you join the S.A.M. as an Assembly member, you need two active S.A.M. members to vouch for you, but that doesn't apply to you.

Processing your application includes mailing a membership packet to you. I can't tell you how long it will take before you receive it. Your best bet would be to contact our National Administrator Manon Rodriguez and explain your situation. She's easy to talk to, and you may not have to wait to receive your membership packet to find out your membership number.

Her contact information is on the S.A.M. website, but you can reach her at 775-751-0505, or at samadministrator@magicsam.com.

Good Luck in your magic and college careers, and welcome, again, to the S.A.M.

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Applied online, when am I a member? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL