The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Worse actors and why? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Who, on TV and films, do you think are the worse actors and why? Please try to include some that are noted. My least three favorites are:

1. Martin Lawrence: He cannot act, in fact he takes his inability to act and combines it with overacting to destroy any scene he is in. He has been in some good movies but his facial movements are way overdone, in fact all of his movements are exagerated and he delivers his lines like he is delivering lines. If he had been replaced in Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins by a lamp it would have improved the movie, the lamp could have been in all his scenes and they could hire a 12 year old to read the lines, great improvement would have been found I'm sure.

2. Owen Wilson: Another guy who plays the same guy no matter what the role. He doesn't care if it is a Western, takes place in the modern day, or if he is in a character driven role, he just does everything the same way. He sucks. The only thing saving him is it is funny watching him act so badly, on Shanghai Noon seeing a surfer portray a cowboy as a surfer was funny. If I was the EMT that went to his house when he tried to snuff himself I'd have given him blood thinners and a sharper razor.

3. Alan Thick: How did this guy ever get on TV? He actually makes the cast of Saved By The Bell look talented. He is so unnatural it is sickening and he is bad in everything he does.

Well, what say you?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I'll get boo-ed on this one, but I've always found Katherine Hepburn to be the most annoying actor ever. Mannered and never able to make the transformation.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Jack Nicholson plays the same character in every movie. And he's been boring for several decades.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Any of the Baldwins?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Adam Sandler. I have never found him to be funny either.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I agree with Katherine Hepburn, never understood her popularity. Sandler is one of those guys who makes a movie that is very funny or unwatchable.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have seen numerous celebrities from other professions, such as sports, talk show hosts, musicians, etc. who get parts in movies, and suck. They are usually noted in the credits as playing themselves.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I can forgive those guys, I'm talking 'stars'. I went to school with a nameless actress who has done movies and tv series and while I don't watch her often she is nothing like her real self when she is on TV, she can act! Over acting, bad timing, just horrible performances but they have a recognizable name and they get roles. Then there are guys who you want to suck, like Brad Pitt, and the guy is freakin' good at what he does. I'm a fan of performances that don't seem to be performances.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Quote:
On 2009-03-06 17:20, MagicSanta wrote:
If I was the EMT that went to his house when he tried to snuff himself I'd have given him blood thinners and a sharper razor.

That is an awful thing to say.
-Matt
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
I personally don't like:

-Kelly Ripa, enough said.
-Eva Longoria thinks she's Miss Astor.
-Drake & Josh-Stupid & untalented.
-Anyone on Disney sitcoms (Trust me)
-Shia Lebeouf, obnoxious, loud, flares his nostrils for every emotion and is nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is.
-Adam Sandler, let's not forget his idea of funny is a speech impediment.
-Val Kilmer, dude's never wowed me and he is a total pedophile.
-Heath Ledger, NEVER seen anything good. He SUCKED in Dark Knight. It was like if George Burns had a concussion and nerve damage.
-Chritian Bale hasn't ever done anything great.
-Raven Simone doesn't have a talented bone in her body. She seems nice, though.
-Julia Roberts plays Julia Roberts in every movie, what a gig!
-Dane Cook hasn't been funny, ever.
-The entire cast of High School Musical. All they do is rely on their looks. Can't act and their voices are emotionless when they sing cuz they're obviously paraded through massive amounts of computer software to improve their voices.
-All the people on "How I Met Your Mother", NOT FUNNY.
-Jennifer Aniston never seems to have emotion..
-Tina Fey has no personality and is over-rated.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
And Clint Eastwood always seems to play the same guy over and over and over.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
While he is a legend. I have to say that John Wayne was not a good actor..just that everyone loved the guy.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Farrah Fawcett was pretty infamous in her day for her atrocious acting. But then, Olivia Newton John who also can't sing, btw, decided to get into movies..so move over Farrah.

And as far as dudes, remember when O.J. took a shot at acting? Man, I'm trying to forget!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hey Matthew W, I'd have stuck a crowbar in the wound and pulled it wider.

Boynextdoor, you are very astute sir. Thank goodness I'm not the only one that thinks Heath Ledgers greatest advancement in his art was dying.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 01:05, boynextdoor wrote:
-Tina Fey has no personality and is over-rated.

I'm not really sure who Tina Fey is, but I always thought all the Fey sisters were good at what they do. Felicity Fey, especially.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Steven Seagal, about as expressionate and versatile as our kitchen chair.

Chuck Norris, who is always himself-though compared to Seagal, he is academy award level.

Robert Deniro in his later years...he used to be good but these days mostly plays a parody of his earlier roles. Still, he is always the same guy.

Tom Cruise. I enjoy the movies, Cruise is just always Cruise.

Everyone on Beverly Hills 90210-new or old series.
Sent from my Typewriter
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Leonardo DiCaprio
Matt Damon
Susan Sarandon
Pamela Anderson
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Madonna
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 00:24, MagicSanta wrote:
Then there are guys who you want to suck, like Brad Pitt, and the guy is freakin' good at what he does. I'm a fan of performances that don't seem to be performances.

Whoa... say again???

Quote:
On 2009-03-07 01:29, daffydoug wrote:

And as far as dudes, remember when O.J. took a shot at acting? Man, I'm trying to forget!

You're talking about the trial, right?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Some actors play themselves all the time, and they do great things with it. ie. Jimmy Stewart or Henry Fonda. Some play themselves and are OK, while others are boring and/or terrible.

Demi Moore was one of the best known actresses. Her acting never did anything for me. I was never sure what made her so great. She did make some great movies, but it was more of the situation that made it great, not her.

Drew Barrymore would have been on my list of lousy actresses, but she has managed to turn herself around.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Worse actors and why? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL