The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Worse actors and why? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
I love David Mamet films. But I wish Ricky Jay was a better actor...understandably, his most believable role was the X-Files episode he did.

Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nick Cage! He isn't good at all, you are correct sir. He did some bizarre Elvis impersonation for Ghost Rider, dang him, I loved Ghost Rider as a kid.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Will Ferrell John C. Reilly Ben Stiller They all remind me of when I was a little kid and we would play cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians; “Ok you play the cop and I’ll play the bad guy and you do this and I’ll do that.” And it’s the same in every fricken movie!
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2913 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Miley Cyrus, agreed.... her voice is simply intolerable.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That and she has those icky bumpies on her...

I actually heard her get interviewed today and she does have a raspy voice, she also seems to be lacking a filter and makes comments she might want to not make.
Darcy Brown
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of Darcy Brown
Now now, let's not say things about '2001: A Space Odyssey' we can't take back!
But that's beside the point...

Michael Caine once said that the best thing anyone watching him on screen could say would be, "I think he's playing himself". And there's nothing wrong with playing yourself, provided you are still good, engaging, skillful, entertaining, etc. Ralph Fiennes, Jack Nicholson, Rebecca Pidgeon and Robert Duvall come to mind. And playing yourself is fiendishly difficult.

Agree with Hepburn. I'd add Gregory Peck and Helen Mirren.
jerrydb4
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
56 Posts

Profile of jerrydb4
Keanu Reeves is pretty terrible.

In Point Break one of his lines was "I am an FBI Agent!", it was cringe inducing.

I did like the Matrix movies but definitely not because of him.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
The Hmong teenagers in Gran Torino. What was Eastwood thinking casting them? They were beyond bad.
Andie Macdowell may be one of the worst actresses of all time.
People still act like Hepburn. They just do it on a stage. In Hepburn's day, film actresses took their cues from stage performers where overacting is a mandatory.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Jackie Chan!

No matter what the movie is, he is just Jackie Chan.

Mike
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
I think going to see someone perform and knowing it's them the whole time gets boring and is a step away from reality television.

But seeing a lovable comic play a deranged psychopath is awesome because it's not them.

Michael Caine... Psh. Don't make me put him on here!

Wait... Seriously... He has advice to offer, which is good advice, but he's never wowed me. What gives?
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Any television actor on the disney networks, nickelodeon, teen networks, or... you get the picture.
ying
View Profile
New user
Lichtenvoorde, Netherlands
38 Posts

Profile of ying
Quote:
On 2009-03-11 15:11, jerrydb4 wrote:
Keanu Reeves is pretty terrible.

In Point Break one of his lines was "I am an FBI Agent!", it was cringe inducing.

I did like the Matrix movies but definitely not because of him.

Keanu Reeves was great in "Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure." Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I have never cared for Hugh Grant. He has been described as a lower class Jimmy Stewart. I was really bummed when he teamed up with Sandra Bullock. That meant there was a film staring an actor who I refuse to see working with an actress I absolutely love. I will pass up a movie if he is in it. I will always see a movie with Sandra just because of her.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Worse actors and why? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL