The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Worse actors and why? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-03-06 18:26, MagicSanta wrote:
I agree with Katherine Hepburn, never understood her popularity. Sandler is one of those guys who makes a movie that is very funny or unwatchable.

She got popular in a time when "mannered" and "stylistic" were the rage. By the time people got tired of mannered and stylistic, she was a "legend" and couldn't be critisied. (sp)

[quote]On 2009-03-07 09:51, mandarin wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 01:29, daffydoug wrote:

And as far as dudes, remember when O.J. took a shot at acting? Man, I'm trying to forget!

You're talking about the trial, right?

Rent "The Towering Inferno"

I don't care if an actor only has one character as long as he gets it right.

John Wayne and Clint Eastwood knew what they were doing and did it well.
Same with Jack Nicolson, although I don't really care for him. I liked "As Good As It Gets" though.

Pia Zadora, anyone?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Pia Zadora looked great naked, however.

Can I say that here?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
Farrah Fawcett was pretty infamous in her day for her atrocious acting. But then, Olivia Newton John who also can't sing, btw, decided to get into movies..so move over Farrah.

Even worse than her singing and acting is Newton-John's attempt at dancing. Painful.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Apparently.

Randi Brooks! I watched an entire bad movie ("Hamburger, The Movie") just because she was in it.

She's certainly not a great acresss, but oh man!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23972402@N00/2665682048
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 10:55, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Farrah Fawcett was pretty infamous in her day for her atrocious acting. But then, Olivia Newton John who also can't sing, btw, decided to get into movies..so move over Farrah.

Even worse than her singing and acting is Newton-John's attempt at dancing. Painful.

John

I would have to say you nailed it, there.
And her singing...that scrannel voice makes me want to stick my fingers in my ears. How in the world did that woman ever land a recording contract???
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
It seems that the "stars" are the ones that don't cut it as actors. One exception in my book is Johnny Depp. He is today's "Man of a Thousand Faces", with lots of diversity in his roles and portrayals.

On the other side of the coin are the minor part character actors with lots of face recall, but little name recall. Ranging from early movies to 50's-60's sitcoms, some of those character portrayals were insanely cool! I rarely see that these days. Now, whenever I see a character actor play a role that's way off the hook, I am imagining puppet strings attached... jerked around by the studio heads. It seems nothing is coming from the actor themself.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Two more controversial ones:

Robin Williams and Steve Martin.

Both brilliant at stand-up, and excruciatingly boring and plain vanilla in their acting choices.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Mr. Daffy, it would seem you are not aware of Olivia Newton Johns reputation in Nashville prior to her fame. Let us say that if I was a producer I'd have her over for a private meeting....think Clinton.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I remember when I was fourteen or fifteen and Grease came out. For a solid month, all us guys were talking about how Olivia looked in those leather trousers at the end of the movie.

I honestly cannot remember whether we thought she had a good voice or not.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Olivia was a cutie! Of course if people think she was bad in Grease, she wasn't, they need to see Xanadu.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 14:12, MagicSanta wrote:
Mr. Daffy, it would seem you are not aware of Olivia Newton Johns reputation in Nashville prior to her fame. Let us say that if I was a producer I'd have her over for a private meeting....think Clinton.

Point well taken. You win a cigar!! Smile
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
Oh, totally Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda. I can't stand anything they're in.

And, The Olsen twins. They look like troll dolls. Never were good at anything other than being ugly. And now they wear hideous outfits and high heels. Joy.

Beyonce, she needs to be sent to an island of ravenous beasts. She sucks at acting, can't sing, and is a total ass. You don't sing a Etta James for someone Etta James hates.

Paris Hilton obviously. Being in a film called Wax Museum must have confused her because she just stood there and stared blankly at the camera.

Zooey DeChanel (or whatever) I can't stand that idiot!!! All she does is say everything in the same tone and has the same dumb look on her face. She could be in a remake of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'd kill to shut her up. I hate her so bad. Until she arrived on scene I never knew you could get botox injected into your voice box.

And Bing Crosby also has no personality. He ruins everything he was ever in.

And Ester Williams. No good and too busy always thinking she's better than everyone.

And Jessica Alba. I can't stand her. Also has no personality.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have to disagree about Zooey Dechanel. While you are accurate that she is the same all the time I find her absolutely facinating. She steals scenes just by being in them. I've yet to see a movie she's been in where she hasn't been my favorite part. In fact I saw two movies, Elf and that one with the girl trying to get the guy to move out of his parents house and told my wife she was great in both of 'em not realizing it was the same girl.

About those Olson Twins. I've never heard them talk! I mean when they were kids on that show they talked but since then I've seen photos and film of them walking in their bizarro world. They look like they sound like elfs.

Beyonce is a good looking woman but her voice is like a man out of the ghettos. She needs to get a womans voice when talking.
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
I don't know how... Her face being completely still creeps me out. Haha.

And speaking about terrible voices Miley Cyrus.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
You guys crack me up...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've heard the name Miley Cyrus but I have never heard her or seen her in a moving picture, just photos. She is rather broad bottomed.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Fat bottomed girls they make the rockin' world go round....
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
Well, just think of a gruff 83 year old cocktail waitress who has smoked like a steam engine since age twelve. That's the voice of Miley Cyrus.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ewwwww, rough voice girl. Stupid question, did the Olson Twins sing? I know they are loaded.
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
Nicolas Cage does nothing for me... Elizabeth Shuey should have gotten an oscar for leaving Las Vegas not him... IMHO
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Worse actors and why? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL