The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Biggest No Talent? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The previous thread brought this to mind:

Who do you think is the biggest "no talent" who ever made it big in show business?

It could be any category: acting, singing, dancing, sports, magic, whatever.
I'm just talking the biggest no talent over all.

Who gets your vote? Sound off. Cast your gripes. Throw your stones.

Let's start with Billy Mays!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Martin Lawrence again. Can't act and his stand up sucks hard core. He isn't funny at all. As an added bonus I have heard he isn't very nice to people either.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Brittny Spears , can't sing or act and now that she is older her good looks are gone as well
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Oh no...don't go dissing Britney. Now, I'm not saying she has talent or anything, but she was a legitimate cultural phenomenon. I still say, and will probably always say, that "Baby One More Time" is worth a doctoral dissertation. And Britney in fact DID have some influence on the video, at least.

Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Baby_One_More_Time_(song)

It's worth a doctoral dissertation because it demonstrated a huge cultural change in the U.S. It may have not caused the change, but it reflects a definite change.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Paris Hilton is the BIGGEST no talent...
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Not entirely. She has made literally MILLIONS without having any marketable talent. So she has a talent for something, right?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3248 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 06:32, stoneunhinged wrote:
Not entirely. She has made literally MILLIONS without having any marketable talent. So she has a talent for something, right?

a talent for being birthed by rich parents, maybe...

Now if she was named "Paris HoJo's" I'm sure her life would have been a quite a bit different, no?
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Perez Hilton.

I've worked with the guy, see!

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image......eebd.jpg

For those of you that don't know, he's a celebrity blogger... nuff said.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 01:48, daffydoug wrote:
The previous thread brought this to mind:

Who do you think is the biggest "no talent" who ever made it big in show business?

Let's start with Billy Mays!

Billy Mays has talent, he can sell, he just doesn't know how to use a mic.

Oh, and I heard he died! I haven't fact checked though.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
But Gaddy, she's made millions of her own. I read somewhere a year or two ago that she had made more than 100 million that year--that's more than Tiger Woods. How?

TV commercials and that stupid show she did, modeling, whatever. I'm not sure myself. But to cash in on being an "heiress" is not something every "heiress" has done.

Don't get me wrong. I can't hardly stand the sight of her. She makes me want to puke. That sex video that made her famous was the single most un-erotic "sex" video I've ever seen in my entire life.

GUY: come on, baby, let's *****
PARIS (in a squeeky mouse voice): do you love me?
GUY: show me your *****
PARIS (still in a stupid mouse voice): but do you love me?
GUY: ****, ****, ****
PARIS (apparently this stupid voice is her real voice): do you think I'm pretty?

I wanted to grab her, dress her, and send her to a parochial school with sadistic nuns who would slap her on the hands with a ruler until she lowered her voice an octave and shaved her head like Britney and started screaming that she was the Antichrist, which she most surely is.

But she DOES have a talent for milking the stupid media money making machine for all it's worth.

Like Madonna.

Lord Almighty, don't get me started on Madonna! Can't sing, can't dance, is as sexy as my recycling container, and has sold more albums than people with 50 times her talent and sex appeal.

Her cover of "American Pie" was perhaps the single lamest piece of music in the 20th century. I'd rather you tie me to a chair and force me to listen to that stupid flying purple people eater song 1,000 times than have to hear Madonna's version of "American Pie" ever again. And it doesn't suck so bad that it's fun to hear. It just sucks.

And speaking of un-erotic: how about that stupid book Madonna published several years ago? I'd rather look at a coffee table book of "State Fair Champion Pumpkins" than that stupid book.

As I said, don't get me started on Madonna.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Rush Limbaugh.
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2305 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Ted Kennedy.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Regis Philbin... I thought of seconding Ted, but have heard he was once a talented swimmer...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2305 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Okay then...Tiffany Pollard (New York, from flavor of love) and especailly her Mother!!!

Now that's BIGGEST NO TALENT times two...lol
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
When I was a cop we had a concert hall in town. EVERYONE came through.

Only reason I bring this up is Madona. This woman can dance, can sing and is an athlete. She did 4 hours woth of sound checks, she really does understand her medium.

Understand her show is lip synched. She does SO much dancing. Elton John actually got on her about it once.

She is a money making machine, she understand marketing. I may disagree with every word that comes out of her fake English accented mouth, but she does have talent.

Paris had a name to start with, but then again so did her sister. NOWHERE near as recognisable as Paris. So if it was ONLY the name, BOTH would have done what Paris did.

I think the habit is to lump in "no talent" with those we don't enjoy watching.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 07:18, stoneunhinged wrote:
Madonna.... is as sexy as my recycling container

I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt!!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 07:18, stoneunhinged wrote:
Madonna.... is as sexy as my recycling container

Your recycle container looks like a 50 year old woman?
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Britney Spears! Now there is a no talent, if they filtered her voice any more she'd be a robot.

About Paris Hilton (did you know her aunt is Kim Richards from Witch Mountain fame?). From what I understand she makes most of her money from a company that she owns that designs and sells purses and stuff like that. I don't understand purses and their prices at all but I guess hers are popular.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 14:26, MagicSanta wrote:
Britney Spears! Now there is a no talent, if they filtered her voice any more she'd be a robot.

About Paris Hilton (did you know her aunt is Kim Richards from Witch Mountain fame?). From what I understand she makes most of her money from a company that she owns that designs and sells purses and stuff like that. I don't understand purses and their prices at all but I guess hers are popular.

Oh Paris has talent. ...And if don't think so, you have not seen the same internet video of her that I have... Smile

Lyndel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Biggest No Talent? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL