The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ali Bongo passes away » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Not sure where to post this but a friend of mine just informed me that ALi Bongo passed away this morning. I have no ohter details at this time but will later today or tommorow.
he will be missed!

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
I knew him for years and am greatly saddened by the news

Simon Lovell
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Here is wath was posted on the Magic Circle site :

I am very sad to announce that our President, Ali Bongo, passed away this morning 8th March 2009. He had suffered a stroke a few weeks ago but seemed to be recovering when he came down with pneumonia earlier in the week..

He was an active President who attended every YMC workshop and his presence and his input will be sadly missed by all of us.
Dare to Dream...
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
A very sad loss and he will be missed.
LanceRich
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LanceRich
Ali Bongo was a cool dude!

He was the kind of guy who made everyone feel welcome and part of something. For all of his success within the magic community, never once when I was around him did he come across as elitist or better than me. He was a gentleman. And he talked to you regardless of where you were on the totem pole - which is more than can be said for magicians I've met without half of his accolades.

When I was growing up there was a magic book at my public library that I checked out all of the time - it didn't teach magic tricks so much as it profiled famous magicians around the world. That was where I first heard of Ali. Meeting him at my first convention was memorable because he was this legend I had read much about, and yet he was such a genuinely nice and real person.

When I took a friend with me to her first magic convention, he is the first 'big guy' she met. We crossed paths on a staircase where he made a funny little comment to us. It was later that I told her who he was and what he had done. And he made an impression on her as well.

We weren't friends, and I know that he wouldn't know me from Adam, but I feel a personal association to Ali Bongo because he always treated me like we could have been old friends. Conventions won't be the same without seeing his glasses, his suits, and his smile. He will be missed.
Senor Rai
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Senor Rai
Magic has lost a very bright light! I will miss him very much.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ali Bongo passes away » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL