The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Flight 204? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
carlf
View Profile
New user
Kent, UK
37 Posts

Profile of carlf
Hi,

There has been a slight delay at the printers but we have been informed that these would be express shipped either late yesterday, or today.

I would therefore guess that Hocus-Pocus would receive their supply either today or tomorrow. Being in the UK, we will probably receive ours either Friday or Monday.

not long to wait now ... For up to date info on our supply, visit http://www.magictricks.co.uk/prodshow.asp?code=363

best regards

Carl Fraser
MagicTricks.co.uk
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for your patience, I deeply apologize for the delay. It was beyond my control. However, I am sure that they will be shipped today or tommorrow. Most likely some time this afternoon.

The name of the effect, good question. It's working name was Romantic Journey, simply because the imagery in the effect had a romantic note to it, and the ring went on a 'journey' of sorts.

The final name, Flight 204, was dubbed for my hometown (Winnipeg, Manitoba) area code. Within the booklet, you will find a few things that 'rep' my city. It was a sort of thank you to guys like Chris Funk (funkyguy) who helped me smooth out some of the rough spots in my original idea.

Redstreak, almost any sort of chain, necklace, string, rubberband will work. As long as it can be under your collar, you can do the effect.

Sean
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
I AM WAITING FOR THIS
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I still haven't bought it yet...
After several consideration, I think the clip we watched makes me confused... WHY did he cut the clip...???? Could he possibly make another clip which is REAL performance?

All the best,
Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I think sean already stated that he cut it because he filmed it himself, and had to move the camera up from his hands, to his neck... and that the next video would have someone at the camera panning it upwards during the effect.

I really doubt Sean would intentionally make a misleading video
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Well, I have heard of a second video 2 weeks ago and nathing yet.

Regards
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
" Sean, can you actually show the ring linked through the ring before taking it off? Can it fall off the ring by itself or is this part of the illusion?"

I haven't heard a response to this question. Would Sean answer it or at least say "no comment" indicating he read the question.
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
Anyone who got it,please post a review. I need your review before I place my order on it. Thanks
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Okay, sorry about my tardiness in replying, I have been extremely busy keeping up with everything. Here goes.

I will be shooting another video, hopefully very soon, it is just tough to get my schedule to coalesce with my camera mans.

I thought the display of clearly showed the ring on the necklace, why would you want to overprove the fact? As well, I designed this to be safe for the ring, so why would I want to drop it off the chain, and risk the person, or even myself, dropping it and damaging the ring. I really don't know how else to answer that question.

Sean
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I agree with Sean. Some people here are basically asking "How do you do this trick" with all the detailed and specific questions they are asking. Sean has every right to not answer some questions in order to protect the method. It has obviously fooled most of us here and it looks like a beautiful routine, so if you really want to know how it's done then buy it. He gave us the benefit of an online demo that you can view as many times as you wish. If you like what you see then I think it's worth it. And if you want to wait for reviews that's fine too, but don't expect the reviews to tell you how it's done.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
I was planning on not buying any magic stuff this month! Oh well! I'm looking forward to recieving though it looks like a great piece of magic! Smile
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
--Albert Einstein
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
I agree with Card guy. I, like Sean have items on the Market and it is sometimes a fine line you walk in discussing and answering questions about your effects.
They often lead to discussions that all but reveal the method. Knowing the method here, I can say that Sean has been more than open with every one here in discussing the ins and outs of the effect.

It is great to see such interest in a new effect.

Scott Imler
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I find it strange that there are so many questions about the method for this trick. Surely the ffect is what counts? I do feel that people just want to know the method. Dare I say, they wnt to see if they can do it for themselves??????

Some questions are valid (can it be done in bow tie and button up shirt?, What are the anngles like?) while others a clearly aimed at evoking a methodology.

If the trick looks as good as it does on the video, then it's surely worth buying. When people have bought it and do it for laymen, that's when we can get opinions on how effective it is.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
elushinz
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Orlando
132 Posts

Profile of elushinz
I watched the video and I think I clearly saw, if you look towards the back of the room, a little trap door in the cieling. I think I saw a ninja drop down to snatch the ring and after that, I really can't reveal the rest... I want to keep it a surprise!
Hey Sean, do we have to train our own ninjas? If so, it's a deal breaker.

C'mon folks, what more do you want? Some of you sound kind of silly. If 25.00 breaks the bank, by all means, pay some bills. If you got it, get it! I could be wrong, but are the people that are asking the incessant questions over 21 yet?

Imagine doing this effect for a table and then all of the sudden... "Hey, normally I would be impressed magic boy/girl, but I don't know if I really saw what I think I saw. Could you give me a video link so I can watch that over and over and dissect it for myself? Oh, and here's a buck for trying..."
I know that's a bit over the top, but sometimes so are some of your questions.

Passengers, the pilot has turned off the no smoking sign, so... smoke 'em if you got 'em!
Thank you for flying the friendly skies!
Best of luck to you Sean with all of your ventures!

Tim Parsons
"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f@#d up."
Mitch Hedburg
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
The effect is the thing. Did it fool you the FIRST time you viewed the video clip? It is not fair to evaluate the effect after repeated viewings.

Of course, performance questions are always appropriate (Is it angly? Is it instantly repeatable or resettable? Does it require replenishment of items or supplies, and, if so, are they commonly available or only available at a King's ransom from the originator?, etc.)

While I was not "wild" about Sean's handling of the "revelation", I believe that can be cleaned up on an individual basis by PRACTICE (Darn!! There's that "P" word again!!).

On balance, the effect fooled me the first time I saw it and, it will fool a lay audience the only time they see the effect (i.e., the first and only time). What more could you ask for from an effect?

Turk

P.S. Your mileage may vary. You will only get out of this effect what you are willing to put into it. Those looking for a pure self-working effect need not apply.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Actually, I may be ignorant, but this fooled me after multiple viewings. The first time I was like "Oh ****!", the second time I was like "what the #@*^!!", after the third time I just clicked the order button!
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Actually, Cardguy, my experience was only slightly different. I watched the video once, couldn't believe my eyes, watched it a second time to re-affirm that what I thought I saw was what I actually did see, and then I went and ordered it immediately thereafter.

That was approx 3-4 weeks ago. In the interim, I have since watched the video about 5 add'l times. I still can't figure it out. I still am not 100% happy with the "revelation" shown on the video clip--but not enough to keep me from wanting to purchase AND PERFORM the effect.

I agree with you. It is a great looking effect and, at least from a layman's standpoint (and this neophyte magician), it is a KILLER.

Turk

Eschew obfuscation.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Relative to the discussions in previous posts about all the questions and viewing the video a multiple of times. I am left with this thought....

What did we all do BEFORE this thing called the internet was around?. I for one researched the best I could and then bought the trick often site unseen. Most of the time I was happy.
I certainly do not have any negative positions about the internet as I feel it is responsible for a some great advances in magic and in brainstorming.
It is a bonus that we can now view video at the click of a mouse and have open discussions with inventors of original magic.
Lets not abuse that by becoming method detectives on every new effect that comes along.
I have to go now and order my X-ray glasses from the back of a comic book! Smile
Scott Imler
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Turk:

The method's so cool that you'll STILL think it's KILLER even after learning it.

It's not self-working, of course, but it's a WONDERFUL creation. Congrats again, Sean.

Steve H

ps: Right freakin' on, Frank, Scott, Jon, Tim, and Turk.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks, Steve. I'm really excited now!!

And you just confirm my point!! It appeared as a killer effect, and, regardless of the method used, unless impractical, (and which I can't believe Sean would market), the effect remains a killer effect.

This "repeated viewing" practice of some misses the point. Even if you figure out the method by repeated viewings (and thereby don't reward the originator by purchasing his effect), your first (original) impression is what should guide you in deciding whether or not the effect is "worthwhile".

And, hopefully, "wothwhile" will equate with you rewarding the creator of the effect for his decision to both share the pre-purchase video clip and to allow release of his effect to YOU. Let's try to raise the "ethical" bar among magicians at least a little bit, O.K.?

Turk

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Flight 204? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL