The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rods Thru Neck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
So I just bought this thing. It is basically a double sword thru neck. I am trying to put together a decent presentation for it. Do any of you use this or something like it? What are some good one-liners that can be used? I am not looking to rip off anyone's routine. I just want ideas to get me started. Smile
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I don't perform this, but I know of the prop to which you refer. The rods are threaded and, to me, they actually look like giant "screws". That would lead me to think about real life situations where you or the spectator could really end up "screwed". Just a thought.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
"What was your name? Rod? Can I call you Rod?" I'm sorry, I must be acting like a royal pain in the neck."
kendavis
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of kendavis
I recently inquired with a dealer about the double spike through the neck and he advised against buying it. He felt that the spikes were not realistic looking and had a tendency to be noisy and jam. Come to think of it I don't think my sword through the neck looks very real either. I would be interested knowing how you make out with your spikes.

I'll PM you with my routine.
jacoblucas
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of jacoblucas
I suggest one name of manufacturer from India RANG MAGIC
RANG MAGIC is manufacturer of this type effect and he made more then 4 version in this effect so he wil guide you better. RANGMAGIC called this tricks spikes through neck OR "2 RODS THRU NECK"

Email:rangmagic@yahoo.com
MattMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Erie, CO
190 Posts

Profile of MattMagician
I have this trick and I would really like to use it, but the neck whole is too small for adults and it scares little kids. How should I use it?

Matt
Matt Simonsen
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Rod Thru Leg?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Find a size "0" hottie in the audience, in her early twenties.

Jim
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
You just love those types of effects where you put something around your assistant and torture her...
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Effects?
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
A new method of Accupuncture might be a fun path to go down. Then you have all the needle jokes/puns. Just needling you. You look like you are on pins and needles.

Or keeping with calling them Rods, you could have Twilight Zone music playing and talk like Rod Sterling. For those paying attention, it might be fun. "My name is Rod. These are my friends, Rod...and Rod.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I've got an idea! Lets do a show with all head illusions...

Funnnnnnnnnnnnn

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rods Thru Neck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL