We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The World's Greatest 3 Coin Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
Here's my adaptation of Troy Hoosier's ExTROYdinary routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqObnvi-sIA

Tell me what you think.
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Looks good dude.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
That looked great. I loved that third coin vanish. Nice routine.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Nice job! Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Nice routine.
May I suggest an improvement for the end? As your hand goes to your pocket, take a bigger advantage of it. Place in your pocket a coin fan (made of six coins glued together in a slight arch). Then use your coin in the right hand to produce the effect as misdirection when your left hand comes out of the pocket with the palmed fan (very easy to palm). Let then one (only) of the coins of the fan to appear at the fingertips, and transfer the whole fan to the right hand with only two coins showing at the right fingertips as your right hand set is secretly transferred into the left hand.
Now ask "What's better than a two coin trick... " they will say or think "three coin trick" and you state "No! The world's greatest six coin trick!..." and with your left hand seem to fan the coins at the right fingertips. Then producing your set as one coin, you add it to the fan to convince the audience that the fan is made of loose coin "... or the world's greatest seven coin trick", flashing your left palm empty for inducing false visual memory (the last image is that your "other" hand was allegedly always empty).

Just my two cents climax on your nice routine...
PS: when you glue the coins together in the fan, make sure they overlap in the proper way so that the second coin of the fan doesn't visually overlap the one you will expose.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Alex Palombo
View Profile
Regular user
Abington, Pennislyvania
105 Posts

Profile of Alex Palombo
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 20:34, mike storz wrote:
Nice job! Smile

I agree with what he said.
Philadelphia SYM Assembly 96 Member
Magicians' Alliance of Eastern States Member
Smile MAGICIAN DIRECTORY member
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Looks nice, I also like Larwence O's suggestion for the ending, would make for a great routine. Caught one instance of you looking at your hands at the "move" but other than that, was a flawless performance.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The World's Greatest 3 Coin Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL