The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Water Torture Cell video from INSIDE the tank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Hey gang we just posted the first of four different videos from INSIDE the water torture cell. Now you can see what it is like to be inside the water cell with Kristen. The camera has a 170 degree viewing angle and captures everything. This first video was shot from just above Kristen's head.

The microphone picks up pretty much everything....from me speaking on stage, to the crowd of 10,000 people going nuts, to the sounds of locks & chains, even to Kristen exhaling. The sheer noise alone when she drops in is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srRyti9f3rE

The other three angles will be posted next month.

Enjoy!
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Dayle
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Dayle
Hello Kevin. Great minds must think alike!

You are so right about the audiences reaction. We did a similar performance for a show last October that was sponsored by a camera company. They supplied us with a head cam that was strapped to my head so it gives the audience my perspective of the WTC; which is looking down into the tank from above. They also experience being lowered into the bubbling tank head first which is a chilling perspective. The combination of being upside down and lowered in head first caused silence to ripple over the audience. You could hear a pin drop, after that they went crazy!

I can't say I cared for the look having a head cam strapped to my head, it seemed kinda dorky but it certainly was a great presentation.

Cheers
Dayle
World's Most Accomplished Female Escape Artist
http://www.sherryandkrallmagic.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Dayle...
Glad to hear you got a great reaction from the audience. Please post the video so we can experience what the live audience saw. Did your camera have a mic as well? The noise from inside the water cell is amazing isn't it?

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Dayle
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Dayle
Hello Kevin. The camera we used did not have an active mic. You are right, it does add an interesting dimension to the experience. We'll have to try it with the mic next time we perform it.

We will post video when we go through all the footage. We have another video we need to post as well. It's just a matter of time to get the video's all together!

Take care,

Cheers
Dayle
World's Most Accomplished Female Escape Artist
http://www.sherryandkrallmagic.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
WOW!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
I agree with Cliff.

It would be neat to have a live feed being projected on the big screens of the inside of the cell during the escape.

Of course, having seen Kristen's a few times, you don't want to blink, so I'm not sure how distracting it would be.

Wow.
1200handcuffs
View Profile
Regular user
USA
107 Posts

Profile of 1200handcuffs
Just saw the piece on Inside Edition. It's still very hard to watch.
Stan
Stan Willis
http://www.handcuffs.us.com
Guinness World Records Handcuff Collection
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Water Torture Cell video from INSIDE the tank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL