The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Richard Webster's "Readings as Entertainment" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
I just finished reading Richard's new book, "Readings as Entertainment." What a delight! I recommend this to anyone who performs readings or who has ever considered offering that type of service to clients. More importantly, I think that Richard provides a solution to those of you who may have previously had ethical/personal issues offering readings and just what to call them. In particular, Richard has brilliantly laid out how to characterize what you do so that it is for "entertainment purposes" only and does not, if you don't desire it, cross the line into the "private readings" debate/concern/angst.

As an aside, I loved the method Richard set out for keeping track of the readings that have already been given.

Richard also gives very usable suggestions for the length of a presentation, having the clients/spectators coming to you at your own table at an event versus table hopping, and pricing (among other terrific advice). He also lays out various "systems" to use for such "entertaining" readings.

Just some thoughts. Enjoy. - Scott
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
Scott-

where did you get the book? I thought Richard was done writing for the trade and was concentrating on mass market stuff...
Richard Hatch
View Profile
Regular user
Logan Utah
127 Posts

Profile of Richard Hatch
Scott, Richard Webster has recently published several new titles for the trade, Readings as Entertainment being the most recent. King of the Small Towns and The Tarot for Fun and Profit are two other recent Richard Webster publications for the profession. We try to keep them in stock and currently do have a few. Here's a link to all our Richard Webster inventory for those interested:
http://www.magicbookshop.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=759
Richard Hatch
www.HatchAcademy.com
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Terry - I believe the book is also available from:

http://www.deceptionary.com/webster.html
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
I appreciate the help!
Richard, my order is in already, thanks!

TP
Richard Hatch
View Profile
Regular user
Logan Utah
127 Posts

Profile of Richard Hatch
Thanks, Terry, it is on its way to you by priority mail. You should have it Saturday or Monday.
Richard Hatch
www.HatchAcademy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Richard Webster's "Readings as Entertainment" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL