The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Gambit magazine - Benjamin Earle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicator
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of magicator
Please PM me if you know if he discusses about the cull in this issue. He showed it to me and it blew me away. I hope he will release it.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I was lucky enough as well to see ben do this cull and I was proper freaked out by it. I really hope Ben puts it in the magazine.
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
I think he intends to release it in the next issue. He calls it the COP cull, so if it rings a bell then this is what's going to be in the next issue.

Yves

P.S. I really enjoyed this issue even though some of the humor went right past me.
Aaron Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Aaron Lucas
Just want to add another consenting voice for the simulation shuffle - looks awesome when Benjamin does it.
I am working on it and nearly have it down!
Just a magic lovin dude
Noel
View Profile
Loyal user
Surrey, England
206 Posts

Profile of Noel
[quote]On 2009-03-29 21:38, Yves Tourigny wrote:
I think he intends to release it in the next issue. He calls it the COP cull, so if it rings a bell then this is what's going to be in the next issue.
[quote]
Message from Ben...

The COP cull will indeed be in the next issue but this isn't the cull being discussed above. The good news is that it will be in a future issue.

Noel
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Attendees of the Session Convention back in January got chance to see Ben perform some of this material, someone commented to me that it was like seeing Lennart Green for the first time, you really can't believe what you are seeing, almost like being a layman again, what a great feeling.

In Ben's hands these pieces are simply magical, on seeing his Simulation Shuffle you would swear it couldn't be false, and when you see the explanation and what he is actually doing, it is even more remarkable. He also demonstrated some of the deck switches that will be in future issues, incredible!

The piece that I am working on at the minute is Gambling Lesson which is a version of Chad Long's Shuffling Lesson, framed in a great way that hides the procedure even more but is still as self-working, well worth buying the issue just for this! I for one look forward to issue 2...
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Aaron Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Aaron Lucas
Wish I could have been there at the launch to see some of these moves. Sounds awesome.
Just a magic lovin dude
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I haven't been able to get past the first page. I've been busy shuffling to that. Those who have the mag will know what I mean ;-)
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
360 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
Has anyone seen Ben do any of the tricks/moves from issue 2
rkosby
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of rkosby
Just wanted to respond to some of the posts regarding looking at your hands while shuffling even though it's off topic. I think you shouldn't be looking at your hands during any shuffle, legit or false. If you look at your hands, you care about the position of the cards. I watched Derek Delgaudio perform at the Magic Castle one night, and he told a story about how a gambler pulled a gun on him while he was watching his own shuffle. Regardless if that's patter or truth, I think the message is correct.

Ray
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Quote:
On 2009-04-03 23:42, rkosby wrote:
Just wanted to respond to some of the posts regarding looking at your hands while shuffling even though it's off topic. I think you shouldn't be looking at your hands during any shuffle, legit or false. If you look at your hands, you care about the position of the cards. I watched Derek Delgaudio perform at the Magic Castle one night, and he told a story about how a gambler pulled a gun on him while he was watching his own shuffle. Regardless if that's patter or truth, I think the message is correct.

Ray

Dear Ray,

I agree with your post, but - I also think it's quite natural (and expected) to "glance" at your hands a couple of times during a shuffle. If not, you can start to get that scary-stare look about you.

Paul Gordon
rkosby
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of rkosby
Paul you're right. An occasional glance is fine.

Ray
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Any idea when vol. 2 is coming out? Bi Monthly magazine...so should have been out this month shouldn't it?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Anyone hear anything on Vol 2 yet?

Sean
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I've been checking the site every few days for the past few months, hoping for an update, but the last mention of anything was back in March. He's still maintaining his ad on the Genii forum, so maybe that's a good sign...(???).
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Ironically, I just received an email from Benjamin stating that the next issue is soon to be published. He's updated his site, as well, with info regarding the delay and his intended timetable for the next 3 issues.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
I seem to be in the minority of not particularly liking this magazine.

Anyone want to buy my copy? PM if interested.
DSmagic
View Profile
Regular user
London
132 Posts

Profile of DSmagic
Any news on the next issue(s) yet?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-09-05 07:10, DSmagic wrote:
Any news on the next issue(s) yet?

http://gambitmagazine.com/?page_id=19
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Next issue not out yet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Gambit magazine - Benjamin Earle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL