The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Gaffed Double Faced Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicmatt
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of magicmatt
Ok, I am sure this has been talked about before be need advice on purchasing gaffed cards. I need a set of 10 cards that are doubled faced and they all need to be the same. First, is there someone that sales this type of setup or do I need multiple packs of gaffed cards hoping that I get what I need. I also need a pack of cards that are all the same card. Do I pretty much need to purchase 52 decks of cards to do this or does someone sale packs of all the same card? Where have you purchased gaffed cards and what would you consider the best? I am looking for gaffed Bicycle playing cards. Thank you for your help.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Yes, you are correct. this has been discussed; a search will turn up the info you seek.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi magicmatt:

As a possible guide:
Mr. Christian Schenk/Owner: Card Shark, Germany/(Member here) Can help you with
your double backed, same, gaffs. (BIKES)

Ask him about the same 52 cards (The full deck).
If no, you can contact Hank Lee's Factory, Massachusetts. (BIKES)

Good luck!

Sixten
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
The answer to both of you problems http://www.martinismagic.com/Products.html

Marty is a real nice guy and is a pleasure to do business with just drop him a line.
magicmatt
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of magicmatt
Ok, Marty Martini's Magic can do it all and that is who I am going to use to make my gaffed cards. Thanks for all your help.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I'm looking to buy this but wondering about the setup for each deck. I'm pretty sure each deck will consists of 52 to 56 cards. Will they have two cards sets for each pair? Example if there is a double face card of 5H and 10S, will I have another set of it? Or all 52 cards will have different pairs?

Because I need two double face cards with the same pair.

Thanks.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2010-08-08 05:31, Failed Magician wrote:
I'm looking to buy this but wondering about the setup for each deck. I'm pretty sure each deck will consists of 52 to 56 cards. Will they have two cards sets for each pair? Example if there is a double face card of 5H and 10S, will I have another set of it? Or all 52 cards will have different pairs?

Because I need two double face cards with the same pair.

Thanks.

What you're looking for Failed Magician, two cards that will be the same, you will find in the standard, generally available double faced deck.

Paul.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Thanks Paul. Trying to find the cheapest price for this.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
You can buy a one-way deck. That will give you a deck with all the same cards. Many dealers will have this.

Buy a few sets of wild card will give you the ten matching DF cards you're looking for.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

What do you mean by "Wild Cards"? And where can I get them?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Actually, NOW the real answer lies at lybrary.com

Chris has put up a SPLENDID tool for designing gaffs! I am a graphic artist, but truth be told, for gaffs using regular cards, I will use this tool.

Check it out me buccos!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I'm talking about "Wild Card" by Frank Garcia. Here's a video of the trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj-HbwdAOFc&feature=related

Here's a dealer that has it.
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......D%20CARD

or try your local magic shop
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 02:25, Failed Magician wrote:
What do you mean by "Wild Cards"? And where can I get them?

Failed,

Motown has pointed you in the direction of one the classic plots in card magic. There are wonderful approaches to this effect all throughout the literature - even non-gaffed versions!

Regardless, it is a highly visual and quite magical routine. A BEAUTIFUL approach to it is Peter Kane's "Gypsy Curse". You can find his handling, Dingle's handling, Ron Bauer's, and Christian Chelman's in their works. (References available upon request)

Steve Dacri, among others, does wild card with signatures on blank cards.

Wild Card, like O&W is also a subject that sparks debate. Some argue that the wild card plot lacks a strong finish, so development on it, like O&W continues.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Thanks Vlad, I know that trick. Well, it's pretty much a bit hard to use the DF cards that are used by Wild Card. Most of them are QH and 9S. I prefer a more "innocent" card such as 4C with 10D for example.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Failed Magician,

Wild Card sets come made up many different ways. It may require you callings a few shops and asking what they have available. Since you weren't specific about the DF cards you needed or how they were going to be used in your post, I suggested Wild Card as an inexpensive way to get these type of cards.

If you want specific cards, that's going to require someone making them and will be more expensive.

Good luck.
– Karl Germain
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Thanks motown, I could always order from Martini but thinking to get the DF deck too as it might come in handy for different routine.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Ok now I got it. Anyone knows some simple tricks using this a whole deck?

What is the function of two cards that are actually blank back?

Thanks.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-09-14 08:07, Failed Magician wrote:
Ok now I got it. Anyone knows some simple tricks using this a whole deck?

What is the function of two cards that are actually blank back?

Thanks.

You are asking two questions here Failed. I will answer the first, first Smile. Check out Paul Curry's "Touch", Annemanns' "King's Kards" and Sankey's "Astral Projection" for starters. "Touch" is an especially powerful effect that has seen some additional work in the literature, but, even in its original form, is one of the most powerful effects IMHO you can do in card magic.

You can find in in the book Worlds Beyond. I am sure there are other sources as well.

Your second question opens up a whole universe. One effect I would direct you to is Wayne Dobson's "Imagine". This KILLER effect can be found in Wayne Dobson's excellent WD40.

Namaste,
Vlad
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Thanks Vlad, always top notch answer and direction.

I know that I haven't been in card tricks long enough, but I notice these double face cards come from the same template at the printing house?

QH always has 9S at the other side. 6C has 5D (I know this because I have Blue Packet Killer by Simon Lovell, and there's a DF of 6C and 5D).

The royal or court cards for Clubs and Diamonds, also 10C and 10D have the same on both sides (is there any particular reason for this?).

So, if I buy another deck of DF, will I get the same pattern here?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi Failed,

If your double-facers are from USPCC then yes, you will have the same pattern.

People that use Piatnik (Europe mostly) have a different pattern. In fact there is a Trost effect called Maxi-Twisto that uses Piatnik DF. I will have to hit Lybrary.com and roll my own Smile

Namaste,
Vlad

PS: Man you ask really GREAT questions! I WISH you would change your name!! You are NOT failed or a failure. Grrrrrrrrrrrr LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Gaffed Double Faced Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL