The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Making my gaff?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I'm not much for gaff coins but I had an idea for a gaff that I wanted to try and make. It requires cutting about a quarter of a centimeter down each side of the coin. The problem is, I don't know what I could use to cut down the coin. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
Bolt cutter. Don't know if it would bend the coin in the process though. You'd also get a beveled cut not a flat edge.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Mark, You can pick up a tiny hack saw at lowes, use the thin blade and cut slowly, you should be fine.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
A jewlers saw will work best.

Shawn
Shawn.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Make friends with a machinist. I don't know exactly what you want to do, but it sounds like you want to shave some metal off of face of a coin? Anyway, this kind of thing will almost be trivial for someone with a small mill. You might be able to get it done just out of interest, or the cost should be very low, or possibly some magic in return for the work maybe a short show for a dinner party?
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Thanks guys. I got in touch with a mechinist this mornign but havn't gotten any response yet. For those whoa are wondering, this is a gaff to vanish any kind of coin, whether it is bigger or smaller than a half dollar (so far)
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
I don't know what your budget is, but if I want to cut, grind, or drill a coin to make a gaff, I use a dremel tool with attachments.
<BR>Mikey M.
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
I was going to suggest a Dremel Tool too, It realy is a Great tool for detailed work.

Gerald
I was Me but now He is gone.......
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Thanks guys. Turns out the gaff didn't even work lol. Kind of a crazy pipe dream. I will keep at it though Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
What was the idea? Maybe we could find another way around the problem?!
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Benjamin Dove
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
56 Posts

Profile of Benjamin Dove
It must be so hard to make gaffs...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Making my gaff?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL