The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Grey / Truffle Shuffle Practice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
I've been working on the Grey Shuffle lately and wanted to get some feedback on my progress (or lack thereof). Here is my attempt at the shuffle, while trying to throw in some elements of the Truffle Shuffle as well:

http://vimeo.com/3645864

Feedback is appreciated.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
It's not burnable yet. And the off balance split is a tell for those in the know, and a bit suspect for those who aren't.

The Delgaudio Shuffle offers the advantage of the spring happening before the the dirty work happens.

If audience attention wasn't directly on the pack it would probably pass muster now...
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Garrett-

Are you on youtube? If so, please pm me with your user name.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
I think it's not far off as it stands (as far as practice), but the problem with what's left to perfect is that it gives away the fact that something isn't right.

What I mean to say is that you needn't chance much, but until you do you might want to avoid using it in public.

Really the main issues are only the difference in packet size and the stuttering riffles. If you can get the difference in packet size to be less (I know they need to be different), that would help a fair amount.
The main thing is the riffles. Mostly the first part where you lay the bed down for the smaller half. The bed laying should be almost instantaneous. You can even drop the bed while simultaneously slowly dropping off a few cards from the smaller half, and due to the loose nature of the grip, press the halves into each other so that there is no obvious separation of the two hands' movements.

I hope this helps. You're not far off~!
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Thanks for the comments everyone. I went ahead and took the video down as I received a couple of comments (on Vimeo itself) complaining that I was revealing the workings of the shuffle. Heck, I probably was, but not intentionally; that's why I was asking for help! But thanks for the encouragement wsduncan, and for the tips Miles. I will keep on keeping on, and hopefully in a few weeks I can shoot an improved video for additional feedback.

Ben,

My YouTube user name is gholthaus, though I don't use it much.

Thanks again fellas.

Garrett
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Garrett,

I'm going to make a video just for you. I'll do it tomorow.

Ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 23:19, Ben Train wrote:
Garrett,

Ben

Fantastic! That should be extremely helpful; I look forward to it!

Thanks so much Ben.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 23:22, Garrett wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 23:19, Ben Train wrote:
Garrett,

Ben

Fantastic! That should be extremely helpful; I look forward to it!

Thanks so much Ben.

Don't be so quick to assume I know anything about anything...

:)
Ben

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Gerrett,

I added you as a friend. When you except I will send you the video of me doing the shuffle. It's private, so only you'll be able to see it. I hope it helps!

Ben

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Hopefully this isn't one of Ben's "Special" private videos! It's NOT the one with the chicken, cheesewiz and the weedwhacker is it? Smile
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2009-03-15 01:09, MickeyPainless wrote:
Hopefully this isn't one of Ben's "Special" private videos! It's NOT the one with the chicken, cheesewiz and the weedwhacker is it? Smile

They all start that way...

milesg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
What? Then the chicken takes a back seat to a deck of cards?

I think you have it backwards. That's like having Bruce Willis kill all the terrorists, then mill around at the office party for 2 hours curling his toes on the carpet.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2009-03-15 01:49, milesg wrote:
What? Then the chicken takes a back seat to a deck of cards?

I think you have it backwards. That's like having Bruce Willis kill all the terrorists, then mill around at the office party for 2 hours curling his toes on the carpet.

What the hell are you talking about?!!!?!?!

What's ANYBODY in this thread talking about?

I hate this. I'm going to bed.

milesg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Haha, go to bed...

Then watch Die Hard.

Based on some of your other posts, I have a sneaking suspicion that you know exactly what I'm talking about. And NO it's not kinky.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I'm still awake, working on:

a) a paper for Lit. class (I went from loving Swift to hating him... blech) and,
b) material for my upcoming lecture/discussion: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=207&1

There's a little shameless plug (sneaky Jew!)

Anywho, I decided to take a break, check the Café. No, I have NO IDEA what you are talking about, and I think you're insane. And, I'd like to lick your entire body (NO, it's not kinky).

Just remember, in a race between a rock and a pig, never varnish your clams (based on some of YOUR other posts I think you know what I'M talking about! Touche birdman!)

B.

Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Quote:
On 2009-03-15 00:54, Ben Train wrote:
Gerrett,

I added you as a friend. When you except I will send you the video of me doing the shuffle. It's private, so only you'll be able to see it. I hope it helps!

Ben

Done and done. Thanks again!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
The video is now up. Hope it helps (it's like a min. long, sorry, the camera's batteries were dying...)

milesg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Fine, you got me. I am insane.

Also I already have a full time body-licker, so you're just going to have to go elsewhere.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
So Truffle Shuffle is actually code for the "All over Bruce Willis Body Lick"? COOL!

Miles, I totally got your post above! BUT, we're Cali guys and Ben's Canadian, go figure!

MMc
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
You, as a group scare me a little.

Garrett,

In the non-spewing hand, arch the cards, like you would if you were shuffling. Bend the snot out of them. The illusion will be better. Repeat 200 times a day, in a mirror, until you have made the necessary adjustments so it fools you.

If it doesn't look as good as it can get for yourself, don't post it. (Like I ever follow that advice!)

Then watch Benji shuffle naked. Or whatever he's doing on his "private" videos for you.

KG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Grey / Truffle Shuffle Practice (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL