The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ron Frank and Dress Model Child's Play watch (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
This watch is, IMHO, the best ma***t detector out there. Not just for the stealthy, whisper-quiet, dependable way in which it functions.... but also because it is an absolutely gorgeous piece of craftsmanship. Hardly a day goes by when I do not receive a comment about how beautiful my watch is- it really looks and feels as if it should cost five times as much. In addition, I couldn't be more pleased with Ron Frank's customer service. I had a small issue with a marble from his Child's Play effect, and no questions asked, he offered to exchange it on the spot, months after purchase, no questions asked. So kudos to Kracker and Frank, and thanks guys!
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Have you got a link to where you can get this?

Thanks
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 20:23, gabelson wrote:
Hardly a day goes by when I do not receive a comment about how beautiful my watch is- it really looks and feels as if it should cost five times as much.

http://www.mrmagic-columbus.com/images/C......_002.jpg

I love my Child's Play I but I wouldn't buy that watch. It looks really tacky to me.

Quote:
as if it should cost five times as much.

$5x5=$25.

My loss I guess, because it sounds very clever and it allows you to perform sleeveless.

Maybe I can ask for them to make me a custom watch, with one I supply?

Sincerely,

Douglas Lippert
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Or maybe find a watch with a built in compass?
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Doug, to each his own. I can only tell you that I get far more compliments on my Gentleman's Child's Play than I do on my Breitling. And that's saying something.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-14 23:01, kissdadookie wrote:
Or maybe find a watch with a built in compass?

I would rather not have to look at the watch mid-performance. LOL.

Quote:
On 2009-03-15 02:44, gabelson wrote:
Doug, to each his own. I can only tell you that I get far more compliments on my Gentleman's Child's Play than I do on my Breitling. And that's saying something.

Well, Breitling watches aren't exactly "lookers" like a Rolex. Only other watch connoisseurs would compliment your Breitling.

What exactly are they complimenting about the Gentleman's watch?I ask because it looks like a watch you'd find at the jewelry section of a Wal-Mart.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
It is a rather unflattering photo of the dress model. The lighting doesn't do it any favours. I always thought it looked a bit cheap just from the photo, but it's a really nice looking watch when you see one in real life.

It has to be made with a very specific model of watch, so you wouldn't have one custom made with a watch you supplied, but I'm sure you'd be much more impressed if you saw the actual watch. It really does look good in the flesh.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Thanks for all the kind comments. To answer a few questions. First, we cannot make a watch you may own into a CPIII. It is true the dress watch does look better in real life. There also may be some confusion here because we do have 2 models. We have a dress model and a standard model. It is hard to get a good picture of the watch. I have attached another picture of the dress model that may be a little better. The watch comes with a black strap (not shown) or brown strap. The watch is two-tone (gold and silver) so it can be worn with any colored jewelry. The black strap is the dressier of the two. The dress model is only available through us and no dealers. That is because they are so difficult to custom make so we do not mass produce them.

Ron

Click here to view attached image.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
[quote]On 2009-03-15 03:43, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:

Well, Breitling watches aren't exactly "lookers" like a Rolex. Only other watch connoisseurs would compliment your Breitling.

What exactly are they complimenting about the Gentleman's watch?I ask because it looks like a watch you'd find at the jewelry section of a Wal-Mart.

Best,

Doug L.

Lol, Yeah, Breitling watches aren't "lookers". Right. Caliban is on the money, here-- the photographs absolutely do NOT do it justice. You really have to see it in person.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I own this and this is one of my favorite "mental device" purchases. I love it (and the watch is very nice looking). I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it after buying it.

I also hear there is a coin now that works with this. I have used the "marble" and Outlaws "relic" to great effect. My wife bought this for me (or asked me what I wanted) for a gift.

It functions perfectly. I couldn't agree more with Gabe.

Sean
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Thanks Sean.

To anwser another question I have received, yes both watches are full fuction real working watches and not just a proo. Each has several functions and are listed below. I will start with the dress model since this thread is about it.

Dress Model:
Besides the CPII functionality this watch also has:
THE ALL NEW, EXCLUSIVE AND ONLY SIX
ALARM JEWELRY TYPE WATCH AVAILABLE.
• THESE MULTI-ALARM WATCHES HAVE
VIRTUALLY ENDLESS APPLICATION
POSSIBILITIES, BY FEATURING SOUND
OR VIBRATION.
• SIX VISUAL CONFIRMATION DOTS,
SHOWING WHICH ALARMS ARE SET AND
WHETHER TO SOUND.
• ALL THE EXACT SETTINGS CAN BE
OBSERVED AT THE CRESCENT OPENING
AT 6 O’CLOCK.
• THESE TWO INFORMATIVE FEATURES ARE
AT THE SAME TIME AN IMPORTANT DESIGN ELEMENT.
• THESE WATCHES ARE SUITABLE FOR
GENTS AND LADIES IN A BOLD, BUT CLASSICAL STATEMENT.
• PERFECT FOR IMPORTANT AND USEFUL
REMINDERS, SUCH AS MEDICATION SCHEDULES, APPOINTMENTS AND MANY OTHER ACTIVITIES/REMINDERS.
• THE SIMPLICITY OF THE SETTINGS IS DUE TO
A VERY FOCUSED CONCEPT AND APPROACH, BY INCORPORATING ONLY THE FUNCTIONS NECESSARY FOR A SIX ALARM TIMEPIECE.

Standard Model:

• Countdown Timer which you can use for daily reminders such as timing presentations, parking, cooking etc.
• Electro-Luminescent Back Light
• Alarm
Product Description

Electro-Luminescent Back Light, Second Clock for Second Time Zone, 12 or 24 Hour Clock Choice, Date Display, Stop Watch, Chime Option for Alarms, Hourly Alert Option, Stainless Steel Back, 90 day Warranty (on watch functions only). Watch w/ Plain Band

Ron
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-15 12:31, gabelson wrote:
Lol, Yeah, Breitling watches aren't "lookers".

You even said yourself that you get more compliments on the CPIII than your Breitling..

Anyway, I wasn't trying to offend your taste in watches.

Best,

D.L.
Douglas Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Breitlings are very nice watches. They also cost considerably more than a Rolex. Regardless of price though, Breitlings have such fine detailing and nicer parts than a Rolex which is immediately visible upon examination. They also have a history like no other (I believe that the Breitlings were the first ever aviation chronologue watches produced).
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-18 00:29, kissdadookie wrote:
Breitlings are very nice watches. They also cost considerably more than a Rolex. Regardless of price though, Breitlings have such fine detailing and nicer parts than a Rolex which is immediately visible upon examination. They also have a history like no other (I believe that the Breitlings were the first ever aviation chronologue watches produced).

A lot of guys buy high-end watches for use as status symbols. You don't need a Breitling to fly a plane, you really don't need a Submariner to wear to work unless you dive in the Atlantic on your spare time..etc.

Rolex is still the watch to own due to name recognition. Though Breitling, Omega and Tag may be better in terms of quality.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Breitlings honestly look better. It has a classic look. I found out about it after seeing some high end suits and one of the shots had this very nice looking Breitling from the 60s. Breitling has a certain look and let me tell you, this is not just about brand recognition or status symbols, the Breitlings looks very good. A Rolex is a nice watch don't get me wrong but when you compare the two brands just by how their watches look, the Breitlings will win. Tags have their own look as well which leans towards the Breitling look but Breitlings look better. Omegas are a different style all together which is great because Omegas look very nice but they are of a pretty different style.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-18 10:22, kissdadookie wrote:
Breitlings honestly look better. It has a classic look. I found out about it after seeing some high end suits and one of the shots had this very nice looking Breitling from the 60s. Breitling has a certain look and let me tell you, this is not just about brand recognition or status symbols, the Breitlings looks very good. A Rolex is a nice watch don't get me wrong but when you compare the two brands just by how their watches look, the Breitlings will win. Tags have their own look as well which leans towards the Breitling look but Breitlings look better. Omegas are a different style all together which is great because Omegas look very nice but they are of a pretty different style.

Could you please tell me why you state your opinions like they are gospel? No one is absolutely right in anything, and the way you write things makes you look arrogant.

This also doesn't make it fun to discuss things with you.

Anyway, I feel that some Breitling watches do look better than some Rolex watches and vice versa. I'm just arguing that getting a Rolex is the way to go if you're out to impress regular folks.

Sorry for going off topic. I will have to see the dress version gaff in person before I judge it and call it cheap looking. I apologize.

Best,

D.L.
Douglas Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Wow Doug. I'm arrogant? Ok, I guess I should spam the Café with senseless Youtube links like you do then? I have not seen any actual comments from you on the Café that is anything other than one or two sentence regurgitations of what you read on the Café or often comments from you that actually has very little to do with the topic. I think I'll keep my "gospel" rather than go the route you've taken.

I don't like to take these comments personal but what you have said in your post is quite insulting.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-18 22:19, kissdadookie wrote:
Wow Doug. I'm arrogant? Ok, I guess I should spam the Café with senseless Youtube links like you do then? I have not seen any actual comments from you on the Café that is anything other than one or two sentence regurgitations of what you read on the Café or often comments from you that actually has very little to do with the topic. I think I'll keep my "gospel" rather than go the route you've taken.

I don't like to take these comments personal but what you have said in your post is quite insulting.

I won't take what you wrote up there personal, as it isn't true.

Could you please make an effort to not be so abrasive?

Best,

D.L.
Douglas Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Ha ha, you're posts can speak for itself so I don't need to respond to the true or untrue bit Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Smile
Douglas Lippert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ron Frank and Dress Model Child's Play watch (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL