The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ron Frank and Dress Model Child's Play watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
You welcome Smile
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
To answer Sean's question a few posts back, yes there is a special magnetic half dollar that works with all Child's Plays. It is not your typical magnetic half but looks and feels like a "normal" half dollar.


Ron
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
966 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
I want to vouch for the high quality of the CP II watch (I only have the standard model) and the excellent service Ron and Tom deliver. I had an issue with my watch awhile back and Tom Kracker offered to fix it free of charge. It works great, now, and I use it all the TIME.

Also, the very powerful magnetic half works well with the watch and is a most appropriate adjunct for a "Which hand?" type effect. (Tip: Make sure you have the S put a different coin, such as a quarter, or another object in the other hand so they don't think you can tell the empty hand from the hand with the coin just by how the hand is held. Also, allow the S to choose which object to focus on--if she concentrates on the non-magnetic object, you can give it to her to keep and the S will not realize you determined the correct hand by actually locating the non-chosen coin!)

Here's another tip: Keep the magnetic coin together with the gimmicked Listerine packet in your pocket. The two objects stuck together are easily separated when one is needed, give you two very different objects to do your trick with (obviously you don't use them together!), and will "protect" each other from being accidentally lost (or spent!).

I have written often in the Café about this excellent mentalist's aid (CP II), which for me is one-third of the modern mindreader's equivalent of "bell, book and candle." My new VERY STRONG magnetic stones, which look just like small black pebbles, allow for a most convincing Kurotsuke-style presentation.

CM
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3382 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I have the standard model and love it. Just wear it, nothin running down the sleeve. It just functions as normal. I wear the ring that came with the relic sometimes on my right hand and it just makes the whole process faster and cleaner in my opinion if I'm using 3-5 people to have CP on left and ring on right. It truely is a great piece of kit and worth every cent.
A couple of questions Ron.
How long does the battery last and does a freah battery give CP a better pick up, so to speak. I've had mine for a year and use it weekly and haven't needed to change the battery yet. Should I anyway?
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
You will find that when you have to get closer and closer to the magnet to "get a reading" you will need to change the battery. The time function of the watch will still function even though the battery may be low. Since you use it weekly I would change the battery.

Ron
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3382 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Ron, for the few dollars involved I will as I have nothing to lose. I cant imagine it working better. What a bonas!
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
To clarify things a little, the detection range is not affected by the strength of the battery. The detection strength of the sensor is not a factor of the strength of the battery. The only thing affected by a weaker battery is you get a weaker signal when the object is detected. A fresh battery will not affect the range.

A couple of years ago at the Abbott's Magic Get Together, I had performed the routine about 100 times for many different magicians and lay people. Of course, each time I performed the routine, it had 2 or 3 parts (sometimes more) to it, so that's a lot of detections. Anyway, I never once had a problem with the battery getting too weak. In theory, the battery should last just as long as any typical digital watch 3-5 years. However, I would expect at least 1-2 years of regular usage before you would need to consider replacing the battery. If you are still able to detect the object at the typical range, then there is no need to replace it yet.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 20:23, gabelson wrote:
This watch is, IMHO, the best ma***t detector out there...... So kudos to Kracker and Frank, and thanks guys!


And by the way all models and I think also in spite of the fact that there now is the 7th Sense discussed here on the forum which seems to be a similar prop with a longer detection range but lacking the convenience of being a watch. The range has never been a problem with my watch - the plastic one - You just have to start reading the specs mind from close to his head and take the real reading when withdrawing your hands.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
I am amused by the heated discussions about which watch brand delivers what message about its owner.
To me the Rolex is the the heavy "look at me" Cadillac of the 60ies so I am not at all surprised it is a popular "look at me" item. Traditionally the Cadillac has outsold Jaguars and Ferraris 10.000 - 100 000:1
I happened to be in LA at the time of the Watts District riots in August 1965.
Having seen the Watts' streets lined with Cadillacs (in Europe you were considered "priviledged" if you could afford a beetle) I was in a state of shock when the "underpriviledged" started their riot. So little did I know about who buys what an why. Maybe I still know nothing: I carry the plastic Child's Play watch.

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
Can someone PM me with info on where to get the half that works with CP2?

Thanks...
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-03-23 19:29, Kaarlo von Freymann wrote:
Traditionally the Cadillac has outsold Jaguars and Ferraris 10.000 - 100 000:1


Hi there!

You forget- Cadillac's are much cheaper than Ferraris and Jaguars. So that is why many more Cadillacs have been purchased.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Thus you've already canceled out your original point that Rolex is a nicer watch than over-rated Breitlings. So based off your last post Rolex's are just more accessible, more common, thus it does not mean that they are classier and nicer than a Breitling. Think about it, if you see a Ferrari, you may not know what car that is but it definitely peaks your interest more so than a Cadillac. Doug, I'm not trying to take cracks at you but many of your posts comes off as if you didn't put all that much thought into what you're saying. I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make with your last comment but I'm glad you did because it highlights the contradictory nature of many of your posts. Just giving you my observations in hopes that you may realize this and make more of an attempt to understand what others are trying to say instead of jumping the gun with your own comments.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-03-23 23:20, princehal wrote:
Can someone PM me with info on where to get the half that works with CP2?

Thanks...


If you click on Ron Frank's picture to see his profile, there is a link that will take you to his site so you can buy the half from him.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I have the magnetic half dollars that work with Child's Play.

Ron
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-03-24 00:51, kissdadookie wrote:
Just giving you my observations in hopes that you may realize this and make more of an attempt to understand what others are trying to say instead of jumping the gun with your own comments.


Thanks for the advice but I don't see how it applies. I would suggest you find a better use for your time.


What I wrote was a comment on a different discussion. If YOU would spend more time reading instead of firing back negativity, you would get this.

I wasn't contradicting the fact that a Rolex purchase would impress people. Most people don't know about Breitlings, etc. which may or may not be higher quality. The fact that a Rolex is cheaper means nothing. Most people don't know this.

So, I stand by my opinion that Rolex is the watch to get for showing off due to name recognition.

Quit trying to find faults on my posts. What do you have to gain from this? Do I even know you? I would appreciate it if you quit commenting on what I write. I don't need or want your editorial.


Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Stop trying to go in circles Doug. Yes, you stand by your view and that's why when a question comes up that has something to say about your view that you find is the opposite of what you are saying, you go on the defensive. You don't even make a attempt to discuss things with a open mind and instead automatically assume that folks are attacking your views.

You just find mines more "insulting" because I've had that whole big discussion on the QB thread awhile back which I may add that you ended up purchasing anyway even after you tried so hard to find reasons NOT to pick one up AND getting that entire thread removed. I would be the one that reads through posts carefully Doug because you certainly do not. You even blatantly state that you've basically skimmed through reading on the Bulletproof thread.

You also contradict yourself with your last comment about using a Rolex as THE watch to show off with due to brand recognition because earlier you've said that Breitlings aren't all that good looking and that people only like them because it is associated with watch connoisseurs (aka, it's a brand recognition thing and you felt Breitlings were overrated). You're taking things and re-molding them to make your point sound different from your initial point.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I hate to bring this up since the original part of the thread was for our Child's Play dress watch but can you guys use the PM feature here instead of arguing in the forum? It really is not proper etiquette to do this in the forum.


Ron
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I apologize for that Ron, but I fear PMing Doug since the last time I PMd him he started using some foul language.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hey Guys,

A couple things you should know.

Rolex manufactures their own movements. Breitling does not. Breitling uses ETA movements in their watches. Omega uses ETA movements but has also produced it's own movements as well.

Rolex is a very recognizable name due to its promotion. It has developed a sort of cult following. They are very very recognizable and you will see several different watch companies emulating their designs. The downside to this is there are so many fakes out there it is hard to tell the difference from a glance. However Rolex is known for being a very high end watch. Although there are several watch brands that eclipse them.

Breitling is more of a sport/dress watch. They are very striking and DO NOT cost more than a Rolex. There are Rolex watches that cost over $100,000.00 Breitling doesn't come close. With Brietling you still have some diamond options or there are people who will modify them for you as well.

Omega is also a great watch and offers sport lines as well as dress watches. They make their own movements and they also use traditional ETA movements as I mentioned before. Their co-axial movement is amazing! They are excellent watches. Any one of the three brands is a fine watch to own. I can tell you there are many many others that carry far more prestige but I don't want to go into that now.

However based on the current discussion, Rolex due to it's promotion and the many look a likes and knock offs that are out there would definitely be the most recognizable.


BTW. I come from a jewelry background and am a watch afficianado.

Max
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I would have to say, great post Max. Did not know that Breitling does not make their own parts. Coming from a suit and tie work environment, I do notice that Bretilings are more prominent on the wrists of business folks.

Back to the subject at hand though, the dress model of CP looks much better than that of the normal Timex-style CP watch. However, omission of the digital display on the dress model of the CP watch would definitely knock up the classiness a notch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ron Frank and Dress Model Child's Play watch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL