The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ron Frank and Dress Model Child's Play watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-05-06 13:38, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I use "The Relic", and find the PK ring that's supplied is easily adequate to read a spec's hand, though as mentioned above, having a PK ring AND a PK watch would make things very easy for the performer.

PK watch? Look into Child's Play I..very clever stuff. The watch allows you to do the same thing sleeveless. I wished the watches were better looking as well. But, they told me it's not possible to gaff any other watch.

Another option is The Cobra Sharpie. Been meaning to purchase it but it's out of stock at the moment.

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
We have been asked many time if we could gimmick ones own watch Doug is correct we cannot do this. We offer 2 styles Child's Play watches the digital (economy version) as well as the dress model for the discerning professional. The dress model is the one used in the excellent performance by Joan Monse using the scorpion found here:www.vimeo.com/4418799 If you look real close you can see it.

Ron
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
315 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Just received the Dress Watch and it is classy, comfortable...and sensationally effective. Highly recommended.

Ron, by the way, was very helpful with all my questions. His service is outstanding, prompt, and professional.

Truly an outstanding combination of both product and service...it's a winning combination in every respect.

A.J.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Thanks A.J. We are glad you like our Child's Play dress model. I now have the super strong magnetic half dollars again for Child's Play that some asked about.

Ron
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3140 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
How much are the half dollars Ron?
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I PM'd you

Ron
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I can't get the video to play above either. Nothing happens when I click on the play button. Can you put the video on youtube?
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I'm having the same problems with the video.

Mike Smile
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I am just noticing this thread. I have the dress model of Child's Play and have been using it in my shows for the past year. It has never failed me and always works great and silently. I use it in combination with the Relic as I see which person out of six has the relic behind their back. All my dirty work with the Child's play is done at the beginning of the effect so that I never have to go near the volunteers once the routine begins.

It works great and I will continue to use it - and it does get the occasional compliment from lay folks - not watch experts Smile

I did have some trouble with my when it first shipped as the hand wouldn't move right and Tom had me ship it back to him and he repaired it and had it back very quickly. They also gave me some handling tips that I am using in the routine mentioned above.

Very nice product and great guys! I actually like the regular versions looks even better, as that is what I wear normally, but for my show the fancy version looks better since I am dressed nice. From personal experience this also works great with scorpion from outlaw, which I also have.

Two thumbs up from me!
Chad
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
Hi all,
thanks for your interest in watching the video.
Don't worry about Vimeo delays about starting to play the video.
The same things occurs to me several time but, finally it's played.
Try it again. Hope you like it!
Best wishes!
Joan
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Chad C, I am glad that you are still enjoying the use of your Child's Play dress model.

A.J. I am glad you like your new watch. Keep us updated on your routines and your experience with it in your performances.

Joan, I really liked your video. I didn't understand most of the Spanish words, but I liked how you built up the story and suspense. I also liked the additional wood chips (or whatever it was in the Scorpion box) to help with giving more contrast. Also, the way you wave your hands above and below the spectator's hands is perfect. They are totally focused on their hands, and not the stuff below. Good work!

And thanks to everyone else that has purchased Child's Play products and shared your routines and handlings.

As always, let Ron or myself know if you have any questions.

Tom Kracker
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Does CP 3 Black Ball come with a watch? I know it's not the dress model watch.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
The CpIII curse of the black ball is available as a dress watch version or digital watch version. In both cases they come complete with a black velveteen bag 4 white marbles and the special black marble. The watch styles can be seen at the web site. The site is http://www.mrmagic-columbus.com. Go to the store and click on the black ball picture to the left of the description.

Thanks

Ron
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1003 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I purchased the CPIII dress model about a month ago and I can't recommend it enough. I almost didn't add a response to this forum because when you have something this good, you don't want people to know about it. There are so many points that make this a great buy. It is reliable, well made, easy to maintain, and Mr. Frank..aka Mr. Magic has the best customer service I have come across. Since I started using it, I have begun to work out more and more routines involving it. I use the black and white marbles way more than I had assumed I would. It is a very versatile tool.

I also have Outlaw's Scorpion, this is the reason I first looked into the device. I purchased the Scorpion and didn't like using my ring for this. I felt that the ring was not reliable enough and I was looking for other options. The CPII is a perfect way to detect where the scorpion is located. But I find now that I perform the black marble routines allot more. I perform at a few different restaurants in New York City and Connecticut, as well as private functions. Sometimes I am out six days in a week, and I will table hop for up to six hours at one of my locations, and so in a relatively small amount of time I have used this item allot.

I purchased the dress model, because my personality, dress and style is not one in which I would wear a digital watch. but I do like the look allot. For the audience, it is invisible. I have yet to have anyone mention it other than my girlfriend. She only noted that I bought a new watch, and she complimented it, said it suited me. She is a girl who knows watches as well. She like the fact that it was modern, but had a throw back look. The character for my act is one who wears three piece suits and has a curly moustache.

I have done allot of listening behind the wall after performing and nobody notices or suspects the watch. They all talk about what could have given away which hand...such as facial clues, did they look at the hand? etc... Or they talk about how I could have found out who was lying when I use a large group. I truly don't have any problems with this item, this may be the first magic related device I can say that about. Cheers and thanks to Ron Frank and his team.
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1508 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Thank you Stuart Tom and I appreciate the comments.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ron Frank and Dress Model Child's Play watch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL