The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sixth Sense (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Hi all,

Is it me - or are there no topics in the forum regarding Hugo Shelly's Sixth Sense? I've used the quicksearch function and cannot find anything.

If anybody knows of one - could you point me in it's direction. If not - let's start a topic here.

Simon
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
I know Davenports sell it...
Smile



www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3



Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!



As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
numberjay
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of numberjay
What's it all about? And why you're interested... can you give more details?

Numberjay
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
I got mine from Davenports at the weekend. it is absolutely brilliant. I'm just surprised that nobody has mentioned it.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
?
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2009-03-15 20:30, themindreader wrote:
I got mine from Davenports at the weekend. it is absolutely brilliant. I'm just surprised that nobody has mentioned it.


A review would be great!
Smile



www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3



Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!



As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1051 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I Assume this is some sort of Electronic Gimmick

However I can't see any advantage of buying this over The Relic which does the same effect and a lot more !
shelley1508
View Profile
Regular user
Sixth Sense, Mind Pad, Insight
121 Posts

Profile of shelley1508
The Relic, as far as I know, uses just that, a Relic. SS allows you to perform the same effect with a UK pound coin.

I have nothing against the Relic, it's a great prop, but I would feel a little uncomfortable introducing a medallion into an act or close-up situation.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 19:31, shelley1508 wrote:
I have nothing against the Relic, it's a great prop, but I would feel a little uncomfortable introducing a medallion into an act or close-up situation.


How come? If you're propless it's understandable but if you use some props the Relic is simple to perform and will get a great reaction.

Rick Maue's Truth of the Relic is really strong and you can use pretty much ANY object you can think of...and for around $35 U.S.

If you're doing a "which hand is it in" type of performance sometimes the cheaper, non electronic things are stronger. From the product description though, SS sounds like it could be used for other things too.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way knocking your effect Shelley. It does sound very good.
Telegrofier
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Telegrofier
I just attended a magic course at Davenports and saw that they are selling the Sixth Sense there. It was demonstrated to me, and whilst I am complete beginner, I thought it was absolutely amazing. The demonstrator new which hand the coin was in again, and again, and again - everytime. He was even able to tell me when I tried to trick him and put it in my pocket haha.
I've done a search around and not found anywhere else selling it. I think it's going to have to be something I invest in...
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
966 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
The question is, how near did he have to come to your hands?
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Couple questions.

Are sleeves are required.
Does it work with any U.S. coins.
Can you tell them whether the coin is heads or tails before they open their hand.

BTW, how close you get to someones hand should not be an issue. It's all in the presentation.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Telegrofier
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Telegrofier
Roth, I don't know the answer to all your questions because it was only demonstrated to me. However, I seem to remember that the closest he came to my hands was about 15cm (that's 6 inches for my american friends! Smile) and he didn't hover there for very long at all. One of the times he held my hand for a fraction of a second to move it a little higher, but he repeated it several times as I said above... 15cm.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3444 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 06:19, Roth wrote:
Couple questions.

Are sleeves are required.
Does it work with any U.S. coins.
Can you tell them whether the coin is heads or tails before they open their hand.

BTW, how close you get to someones hand should not be an issue. It's all in the presentation.


Rick, here answers to your questions

1. No, believe it or not, you can use SS without sleeves if your creative
2. No, nor any other currency, a certain type that has been altered, Im sure you know what I mean.
3. No.

Im a lover of all things like this, Midas, Relic etc etc and TBH with you Ive used them all, and SS really is something special, you would have to see it to understand what Im getting at. The sheer size of this thing is incredible. 10/10
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1051 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 15:58, looch wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 06:19, Roth wrote:
Couple questions.

Are sleeves are required.
Does it work with any U.S. coins.
Can you tell them whether the coin is heads or tails before they open their hand.

BTW, how close you get to someones hand should not be an issue. It's all in the presentation.


Rick, here answers to your questions

1. No, believe it or not, you can use SS without sleeves if your creative
2. No, nor any other currency, a certain type that has been altered, Im sure you know what I mean.
3. No.

Im a lover of all things like this, Midas, Relic etc etc and TBH with you Ive used them all, and SS really is something special, you would have to see it to understand what Im getting at. The sheer size of this thing is incredible. 10/10


Hi Looch,

From your comments above I can see you like this but as asked before

What I wanted to know is can you do anything with this that can not be done with the Relic ?

Regards

Martin
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Sixth Sense allows you to 'borrow' a coin from a spectator to perform an apparently impromptu demonstration. As far as I'm aware, this is not possible with the relic.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1051 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2009-03-18 21:09, themindreader wrote:
Sixth Sense allows you to 'borrow' a coin from a spectator to perform an apparently impromptu demonstration. As far as I'm aware, this is not possible with the relic.


ok Thanks but just one thing if you Can "Borrow" a coin without switching then why does this not work with USA Coins ?
numberjay
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of numberjay
Quote:
ok Thanks but just one thing if you Can "Borrow" a coin without switching then why does this not work with USA Coins ?

Martin.Lester


Maybe because "Borrow" means something different than Borrow... Smile

Numberjay
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
966 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 08:08, numberjay wrote:
Quote:
ok Thanks but just one thing if you Can "Borrow" a coin without switching then why does this not work with USA Coins ?

Martin.Lester


Maybe because "Borrow" means something different than Borrow... Smile

Numberjay

;)
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sixth Sense (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL