The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sixth Sense (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 08:08, numberjay wrote:
Quote:
ok Thanks but just one thing if you Can "Borrow" a coin without switching then why does this not work with USA Coins ?

Martin.Lester

Maybe because "Borrow" means something different than Borrow... Smile

Numberjay

Yes I should have read the F&Q more carefully !, well it appears to be very good item still not convinced the overall effect is better than The Relic
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
The key difference for me is that it's aesthetically nice to work with the spectators 'props'.

If I performing at someone's house, I would much much rather borrow a book to perform a book test with than introduce my own. This is nothing to do with the methodology, it's a case of entering their world. After I have finished my performance and left, the book can return to their shelf and they remember what I did with it for as long as they own the book.

Sure, if you use a spectators props, it eliminates the possibility of them assuming that you are using gaffed props, but an emotional hook is also created. After I have finished, the spectator gets given the coin back and, later on that evening when they spend it, they can remember what I did with it.

I would much rather borrow a spectators coin to guess which hand they hide it within, than introduce my own 'medallion' of 'half dollar'. It seems a far more organic way of performing.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I don't believe you can borrow "their" coin.

BTW this would work with Relic I do believe.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Your right on the money roth ( about using your relic.....which is awesome and I will defenatly be using it with this as I just pre ordered sixth sense from magictricks.co.uk. They have just up dated the fact page which I just copied and pasted below.

capt.

How is the Sixth Sense different to the Leyser 2020?

They are different devices in that the Sixth Sense is a m*****c detector and not a m***l detector.

This has the advantage that the spectator can wear rings and the sensor won't detect them and give you a false reading!

Do you get a m*****c coin with the device?

Yes, you get a very powerful m******c £1 coin. This coin has a strong m****t inside.

How large is the unit?

It is tiny, 49mm x 28mm

How much does it weigh?

Sixth Sense tips the scale at just over 10g - extremely light you'll never feel the weight on your body!

It's closest competitor weighed in at 170g!!!

How many batteries does the unit take and how long will they last?

The sensor takes two little watch battery called CR1620, which cost only a couple of pounds each and should last

over a month with regular usuage.

What is the detection range for this device?

The detection range is amazing - it detects up to 10cm away.

It seems a lot of money for one effect?

The electronics involved costs a lot in R and D and production, there has been so many prototypes to get this right

and although it is designed specifically for the 'what hand is the coin in' effect,

there are so many other routines you can create if you use a bit of imagination. There are a lot of m******c items

you can purchase these days which can be used in conjunction with Sixth Sense, namely magnetic spikes, ninja balls

(for smash and stab type effect - use at your own risk!), coloured m******c marbles

(who has the black ball type of effects) and PK rings. Also, this is actually one of the lowest prices for this type

of eletronic effect you will find from any dealer anywhere in the world. We stand by our word and are confident this

is the best out there! This is also a view by many of the major professionals who have purchased this from us.

Can this be performed without sleeves?

Sixth Sense was designed for people wearing sleeves, but we do have a method explained on the DVD how you can use

it without sleeves.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 18:24, themindreader wrote:
The key difference for me is that it's aesthetically nice to work with the spectators 'props'.

If I performing at someone's house, I would much much rather borrow a book to perform a book test with than introduce my own. This is nothing to do with the methodology, it's a case of entering their world. After I have finished my performance and left, the book can return to their shelf and they remember what I did with it for as long as they own the book.

Sure, if you use a spectators props, it eliminates the possibility of them assuming that you are using gaffed props, but an emotional hook is also created. After I have finished, the spectator gets given the coin back and, later on that evening when they spend it, they can remember what I did with it.

I would much rather borrow a spectators coin to guess which hand they hide it within, than introduce my own 'medallion' of 'half dollar'. It seems a far more organic way of performing.

I don't think anyone who looks at the Relic thinks I am using Gaffed Props

The Relic is so well made that I have never had anyone question it they take it for what it is,

The Problem with "using" spectators 'props'is already there are Several diffrent £1 Coins in circulation with diffrent design's so you could end up S*******G A Coin with a diffrent design as sometimes its only one side that's not the same , also with the UK coins changing every so oftern like the 50p changed size you could end up buying new M******c coins over and over , with the Relic it will last a lifetime
Korhan
View Profile
Regular user
Istanbul, Turkey
105 Posts

Profile of Korhan
I don't like the idea of "borrowing" the coin again after you find which hand it is..
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
I was thinking of using my pk ring as it's pretty strong then there wont be any issues about getting it back.......unless they do a runner withit that is Smile
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag
So the Sixth Sense is possible with any m******c coin or just with UK coin that comes with the effect?
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
I think what it really boils down to is detection distance, not sleeves or gimmick size. Go to Child's Play II Stealth Edition thread on this forum for a similar trick by Ron Frank. For an even more versatile prop look up Labco's UFO 2. It is more expensive but will reveal not only which hand holds the item but also which item out of 5 the spec chose. Labco is by the way one of the few producers who will go out of their way to help you immediately should you have a problem or want a modification, and as a fact Ron Frank also belongs to this small elite including Jam Magic, Cesaral, Taylor Imagineering and Craig Filicetti. If you are interested in props like the Sixths sense check with these manufacturers for items in the same domain. If Detection distance/dollar is the criteria the Sixths Sense seems to be the winner at this time.
I use and like both Child'Play and UFO for this type of trick. Child's play has the advantage of serving a need beyond magic: it lets you know time and date so you carry it with you most every day. Detection distance is rather limited, but that has never caused problems. You must approach the specs head first "to read his mind" and only do the real scan when withdrawing your hands. Midas is also in this category of props.Hank Lee was kind enough to take it back as the real detection distance on my specimen was too short to be of any use at all and he could not find one corresponding to the advertised specs.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
shelley1508
View Profile
Regular user
Sixth Sense, Mind Pad, Insight
121 Posts

Profile of shelley1508
Sixth Sense will work with other m******* coins but the detection distance may be less. The m***** we use is not much smaller than the coin itself.

We're working on getting some half dollars made though - the trick is to get the right compromise between physical strength and m******* strength.

And yes, it'll work with the Relic and similar things. The marbles that come with Child's Play, etc etc. You could probably make up your own props if you're feeling creative.

Kaarlo - you're right about detection distance being important. But the size/weight of SS does help if you're wearing a t-shirt and into finger palming.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2009-03-24 06:56, shelley1508 wrote:
Sixth Sense will work with other m******* coins but the detection distance may be less. The m***** we use is not much smaller than the coin itself.

We're working on getting some half dollars made though - the trick is to get the right compromise between physical strength and m******* strength.

And yes, it'll work with the Relic and similar things. The marbles that come with Child's Play, etc etc. You could probably make up your own props if you're feeling creative.

Kaarlo - you're right about detection distance being important. But the size/weight of SS does help if you're wearing a t-shirt and into finger palming.

I assume this works the same way as Solstice Wallet / UFO , as the Detection Distance is the main benifit can you advise what sort of Distance are you talking about

Thanks

Martin
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
The distance varies depending upon size of the spectator hand and angle of the coin. It's impossible to say what the exact reading distance is.

However - I have been using this lots and lots and have had no problems whatsoever.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hugo Shelley’s 6th Sense

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

http://www.magictricks.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5110&bc=no

You can see the whole product itself at http://www.magictricks.co.uk and it's an exclusive .

BACKGROUND

I first laid my hands on Hugo Shelley’s 6th Sense in Cairo , Egypt . Keelan Leyser , the inventor of the famous Leyser 2020 was doing a show with me there and while speaking about the Leyser 2020 with him , he showed me the new 6th Sense . 6th Sense was basically a tiny magnetic detector .

Firstly , I was amazed with the size of the thing . Heck , you could palm 6th Sense with a finger palm without detection and it’s very light in terms of weight .
After our successful show in Egypt , Keelan gave me a surprise parting gift . I was like OMG!! when he gave me the 6th Sense in return for some cheap souvenirs I gotten him to take back to the UK .

Since Keelan did not bring a whole new package to Cairo , I only got :
a)The 6th sense main unit
b)A Velcro wrist strap

From www. magictricks.co.uk , the whole package comes nicely in an aluminum tin with a DVD , wrist strap and a magnetic UK 1 pound coin . I’m a Malaysian so I din’t need the UK coin and as for the DVD , I don’t think it really takes a genius to operate the 6th Sense ( and so I was wrong , read about it later ) .

Field Report
I’m a really busy performer and recently had the chance to test 6th Sense on a few shows of mine . 1st was a show in a mall in Malaysia . It was a mall for the upper scale class and I had 5 shows in a day .

I have a wizard PK Ring that I use for SPIKE ( Russian roulette with a magnetic spike ), so I used that as my replacement for my magnetic coin . Detection wise, I could detect the ring 2 inches from my fist ( palm down ) and 3 inches away ( palm upwards ) .

A few days before , I scripted a nice little 5-7 minutes routine about truth and lies and so I was ready to perform it in front of a live audience .
I called a beautiful lady up to the stage , of whom I dated for a while after that , and found out that she was lieing about her age ..... but that of course is a whole different story altogether . She took the ring , mixed it up behind her back …………. And dropped it ! How on earth could you drop a ring ? The ring chipped and I was left with an `obvious' himber magnetic ring ...

Anyway , I do not know how I pulled through and came up with this patter ( I will never understand how did the audience came to except the face that a `normal’ ring could chip )

` This is now a broken ring , it symbolizes lies , broken promises and bla bla bla , I’m going to see how good of a liar you are ….etc ‘

Went on with the routine , got a thunderous applause and repeated the whole same routine for different audiences over the next 4 shows in the mall’s center stage .
So now I’m left with a broken PK Ring and have used that same patter over and over again with great success .

It’s such a fantastic routine to open up with for a mentalism show . I have now used the 6th Sense for countless of my professional shows and it has not failed me once ( touch wood ) . I have used it for jewellery launches , close-up shows and even large theater shows .

I also now used this for my version of Max Maven’s Kurutsuke . I have 5 rounded balls, 4 white & one red .One of them has a strong magnet in it and I know who has the red ball once the red ball is taken out of the bag . It works like a charm and due to the huge distance that the Sixth Sense can detect , it never fails . Marvelous ! I finally found a Kurutsuke version that I am comfortable with and I've tried so many version from Christopher Taylor's to Craig's Red Handed . With this version , I can actually `double check ' that the ball is actually in THAT particular spectator's hand .

POINTERS

1)People putting the Ring/Coin in their back pocket
Well , I had this happen to me once on stage after so many shows . I guess it all boils down to audience management and clear instructions . The best way around it is to strap two sixth sense on both wrist. Although costly , it gives you a clear of mind and a 100% hit . You’ll even know if the audience puts it in his pocket so that’s an increase to a 1/3 probability hit .

2)Battery Life
I’ve used the 6th Sense for almost 2 months now and had no issues with the battery whatsoever. I should be changing it very soon , but I suggest for security sake , change it after every 2-3 weeks . http://www.magictricks.co.uk suggest changing the battery regularly after 1 month of regular usage .

3)Watch the DVD
If you read the background segment , I received the 6th sense without the DVD . I just went it and used it using common sense . Keelan recently came down to Malaysia for a trip and while down , I told him of a minor problem that I encountered with 6th Sense . I then got to know that I was wearing 6th Sense backwards ( the sensor was facing me ) and my reading distance was cut by a bit . Now that’s why it couldn’t work with that bloke who had huge hands !

4)Using Six Sense for a Roulette routine
I have Spike in my arsenal and also Scorpion by Outlaw. Sixth Sense works like a charm for both of them , however you got to be careful to separate the cups far apart from each other , or else you’ll get a false reading . Due to the magnet strength of both Scorpion and Spike , and also remembering that the 6th Sense has a great distant reading , the cups has to be separated at a distance .

CONCLUSION
I think that Hugo Shelley’s 6th Sense is a fantastic piece of device . I use it especially for my coin in hand routine and Kurutsuke to open my shows . It has not failed me yet in the countless times of me using it and I highly recommend 6th Sense to the professional performer .
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
You say the trick is exclusive to magictricks.co.uk

Davenports are claiming the same.

Do you think Hugo has diddled them?
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Will any dealers in the U.S. be selling this item?
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
I just called up ww.magictricks.co.uk ( MT ) , and MT said that its a joint exclusive . MT and Davenports are the only two dealers that have Sixt Sense .

However ,
MT designed the new protective aluminium tin & provides the DVD with hints , tips , and routines . ( I by the way , do not have the DVD because Keelan gave me only the set and wrist strap in Cairo ).

I am not sure whether Davenport provides an instructional DVD , as the DVD included when you purchase Sixth Sense from MT was produced by MT themselves . I think Keelan Leyser was featured in it .

Both Davenports and http://www.magictricks.co.uk are selling 6th Sense at the same price of UK145.00 pounds .
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Rowdymagi5:

As stated , at the moment , only Davenports and Magictricks.co.uk has Sixth Sense .
www.superhumanz.online
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
Just wanted to drop a line on this thread for those who might be interested.

Sixth sense is fantastic device and is just what I needed to replace my midas, it is infinitely smaller and the range is great considering you are detecting a small coin.

However, I had one small issue with this and that is that the vibration unit is ON the detection unit meaning contact with your spectators hand is not desirable. My routine for the last six years gives me ample reason to touch their hands and I felt that given the size of the hands does affect the reading distance I wanted that 100% accurate read by the detector touching the hand; I also do not want to have to think about being careful not to in performance.

So, I've got around this problem now by removing the vibration unit and attaching a 2.5mm jack plug socket. I can now plug in a wired vibrator unit (I'm using the one that comes with my Solstice wallet) so the vibration will now occur well away from the unit allowing me free movement and 100% detection. This is how I would have designed it in the first place.

If anyone wants to see a pic of how mine now looks, drop me an email.

Regards

Andrew
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
Deej1
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Deej1
After giving a great deal of thought as to the best method and presentation to use in a 'which hand' effect, I opted for this. It was important that I used something other than a medal since I was already using astrology medallions in one of my own star sign reveals.

So a coin seemed the best way to go for me and I recently debuted this as a 'demonstration of psychology'. I can't recommend it enough. The flaws and drawbacks mentioned in this thread all seem easily overcome with the right routine and writing; for me, personally, Sixth sense is a terrific effect.

It does seem that there's no DVD when you purchase from Davenport's but the instructions are clear enough and I'm not sure what else I'd need to know... Hugo Shelley has done a lovely, lovely job creating this.
Careful shopper & author of 'Magic by phone'
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
978 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
Brethren,

Awhile ago, Hugo Shelley asked me to compare his Sixth Sense device with the Child's Play watch, invented by Ron Frank and Tom Kracker. My comparison review has been posted today in the Inner Thoughts section for those interested.

Thanks,
CM
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sixth Sense (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL