The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kollosal Killer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
I have a question about kollosal killer. I've been thinking about this effect for about 4 months now. I really want to perform this effect. Ive read all the posts and read the manuscript. The problem that I have is with the issue not being able to show the inside of the wallet. And I don't want to carry two wallets. What if someone asks to see in the wallet? You just cant say no! That would be lame. And I don't want to flip out a cocky comment. I want to perform this and Im stumped. I know that a wallet is a personal item, but people are going to ask to see inside. Ive seen people perform this and the audience think the same thing. Some people want to see the wallet.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Do you use Kenton's KK wallet or a home made version?...with Kenton's wallet you can show the inside...you can't hand it out but you can open it up and let them have a look inside.

Nathan
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
What you affraid is because of the magician guilty. I performed this hundred times and nobody want to see my wallet. And we do not need to use two wallet, come on...... I sugest you buy hideout wallet from outlaw, that is the best wallet for perform kk and heirloom. Therefore, just focus on your presentation, if your presentation is believeble, then nobody want to see your wallet. Moreover, I think for a spectator, holding or searching someone wallet is impolite
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I perform this all the time with a regular, ungimmicked wallet. Nobody has ever wanted to look inside. I just reach right in and pull out the card. I have a humorous way to emphasize the thinness of the wallet at the beginning. And, I let the wallet lay on the table during the effect. I believe that these strong suggestions help to prevent the problem that you describe.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I carry this everywhere in my regular wallet. No one has ever asked to look inside my wallet. On the odd occasion someone asked me how many cards I had in it. I said 52 and smiled.

Its not an issue. Its your wallet why would you let someone look inside?
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
A Piatt envelope may be a good answer. When people see the empty inside of the envelope flashed in front of them, they don't ask to see it. Unless you say something like, "the envelope is totally empty, see?" It's just an envelope. Not suspicious-looking at all, especially if you build your own envelope once you've bought one for the design. The one I made is a Black Envelope, with another red envelope inside. Both may casually be shown empty as the card is removed. It's so flat, no one would think you might have 52 cards in it.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 19:25, mindpunisher wrote:

Its not an issue. Its your wallet why would you let someone look inside?

I agree. It's psychological. With the HOW from outlaw know one would think you had an entire deck in there Smile

I think mindpunisher is saying that it's generally accepted as rude to look in someone's wallet or purse. If you treat it like one.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>>"the envelope is totally empty, see?" It's just an envelope. Not suspicious-looking at all<<<<

Seriously why would you go to that extent to try and prove something. If you were doing it for real yould just pull it out of your wallet and show them.

Its one of my all ime favourate effects because I can carry it in an ordinary wallet. And ive lost count number of times ive shown it.

here is a good presentation. If tthere are two or three people present ask the three of them o think of the card. Its definately not an ace and definately the opposite of the ace of spades. That usually gets them fixed on a red card.

Then say you will try and influence it so onemember gets the closest. Use their card for the reveal. It seems even more impossible. You influenced who would get closest!
numberjay
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of numberjay
Kasper, you had all the answers that you really need... maybe not those that you wanted Smile

While I'd go with what has already been suggested to you, if you really want to be able to hand out your wallet... it's perfectly appropriate to take out your money before doing that: if you can come up with a way of retaining the cards together with your money, than you're done. In other words, you should create a sort of an index made out of real money... which holds your cards!

This means making slight modifications to the working of the effect (where you put the cards). But it can be done. And by the way, you could use slim cards, small cards, less cards... and so on until you're satisfied with what you've got.

Hope you found some good ideas.

Numberjay
numberjay
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of numberjay
Mindpunisher, what a nice psychological touch!

Using more people gives a perception of greater difficulty, while it isn't so and often it can be just the contrary...

Good one.

Numberjay
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Kasper

I've only just started performing this myself since I received my Hideout Wallet from Outlaw-Effects. No-one has yet asked to look in my wallet, if you perform this right the spectator should be too gobsmacked to even care! As stated above though with the HOW you can show the inside of the wallet to be empty.

Works a treat!

Luke
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
Nathan>>> It's a homemade wallet. joe>>> I felt it would be safer with two wallets just in case. I don't know people are going to react. Once I get experience I'll probably laugh and realize that I don't need it. I thank everyone for there imput. numberjay>>>>> thanks for the money holder idea. I think that will solve the problem. I want to challenge myself with this as a opener and stand alone piece. I happen to live in a small town community and the bars and pubs are rough. I get along with everyone here and I enjoy the challenge. Everyone loves the magic I perform already. Haha, I just know they are going to be skeptical about this effect because its so powerful.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
If challenged, I simply say - "When you get home, find a pack of cards, then try to fit it into your wallet."

Barry
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 20:06, numberjay wrote:
In other words, you should create a sort of an index made out of real money... which holds your cards!

Numberjay

Nice thinking! ( My "$4 Billet Index" from The Safwan Papers book is just that.)
An index made out of real currency is "invisible" and can be removed right along with the other bills.

However, I use it for a different effect than KK. Performed correctly, there is no reason to "run;" let alone give them any thoughts about "chasing you."

I now perform SEVEN instead of KK (frees up a lot of space for other Wallet Mentalism!) but have performed KK hundreds of time before SEVEN. There were very few occasions where someone wanted to see the wallet. There are some good suggestions posted above on how to handle those rare occurences.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Barry, I like your take. My favourite line is:

"The real question isn't how to fit fifty two cards in your wallet, it's how you fit fifty two wallets in your jacket."

You hold the wallet up sideways to illustrate the impossibility of it. Making a gag just skates over it and precludes any wannalooks. That said, even without the line, no-one wants to look at the wallet. If they do, you've already failed because KK isn't a trick, it's a demo of something remarkable.
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
numberjay
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of numberjay
Mindhunter, can you explain what is SEVEN? I guess the effect plays similar to KK?

Thanks

By the way, back to KK, it's very easy to at least halve the number of cards in your wallet, by simple innocent equivoque at the start. The effect plays just as strong, because all subsequent choices are genuinely free and you can play them big, let him change his mind, etc.

Numberjay
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 11:05, numberjay wrote:

By the way, back to KK, it's very easy to at least halve the number of cards in your wallet, by simple innocent equivoque at the start.

I'm currently using a 50% version in my Stealth Assassin, but I'd prefer 100% for my own presentation (which you can find in Killer Konceptions).

I'm trying to resist buying a JOL Plus Wallet. Can anyone please tell me if that is suitable for 100% KK, without interfering with its other functions?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I use a wallet I found at the wal-mart. I show the inside. I carry it with my cards, money and things I use. In short, my daily wallet, It is in my pocket or carry bag- <I am a practical girl, not a "purse" girl> I even have an out for including the aces.
I use KK regularly, and with good effect. As a science geek, I use a short time travel theme when doing this one.
kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Nice line for KK users, Phil! I like that. I understand that KK will always be a classic, and well-deserved.

If I didn't have SEVEN I would do KK or Heirlom or SOME variant...the genre is too valuable!

SEVEN is: ONE card - ONE prediction, taken FROM a wallet but not wallet dependant was my goal. NO "Outs." At all

KK is the opposite, a great effect, and the Konceptions ideas are good. I took it in the other direction, but that has already been talked about.

Bryn

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 19:10, kasper wrote:
I have a question about kollosal killer. I've been thinking about this effect for about 4 months now. I really want to perform this effect. Ive read all the posts and read the manuscript. The problem that I have is with the issue not being able to show the inside of the wallet. And I don't want to carry two wallets. What if someone asks to see in the wallet? You just cant say no! That would be lame. And I don't want to flip out a cocky comment. I want to perform this and Im stumped. I know that a wallet is a personal item, but people are going to ask to see inside. Ive seen people perform this and the audience think the same thing. Some people want to see the wallet.

I have answered this concern with an "indirect" suggestion. I open my wallet allowing my participant to see this card. Then at the denouement, I either openly remove the ONLY card, or I just take out the card naturally and calmly. This has never been "suspect" because I deal with this concern before the question appears in their mind's, without directly doing so. At the end, the (only) path has already been paved. I have now very happily incorporated my routine into the fantastic Hideout Wallet from Outlaw. I am always ready.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kollosal Killer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL