The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your NASCAR Hall of Fame Picks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
So they are allowing five first year inductees into the NASCAR HOF.
My first two picks are obvious:
Dale SR.
Richard Petty

I will put up the other three later.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I'd go with Bobby Allison and Lee Petty for my 2 additions.
Bob.
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Dick Trickle.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
But really

Alan Kulwicki
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Richard Petty and Dale Sr. What are the requirements? Must they have been out of the sport a certain number of years like other sports require?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Bill France Sr. is a must...as is Bill France Jr.
also
Darrel Waltrip and Jr. Johnson for sure
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
They have to have raced 10 years and be retired for 3.
That leaves out Dale Jr.
Non-Drivers just have to have worked 10 years in the industry.
http://www.nascarhall.com/inductees.php

Bill France Sr is definately on my list too.
I am still narrowing down my last two choices.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I'll post my last 2 choices tommorow since I have to study for finals right now.
~Will Rogers
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
That one guy who turns left.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 15:03, kcg5 wrote:
That one guy who turns left with 5g's on his body in a 150 degree car and still has to try to avoid expolding and figure out when the best openings are to pass and when to use drafting and the 10,000 other things these drivers do...

;)
~Will Rogers
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
[quote]On 2009-03-18 12:55, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 15:03, kcg5 wrote:
That one guy who turns left

;)
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
IF I could add my "picks" id'd be for the NASCAR "independants"...the guys that ran the whole schedule back like 30 years ago with just ONE (maybe two) cars!!!

In 1979..I was a part-time "helper" for Frank Warren.

He ran 396 Grand National/Winston Cup/Sprint Cup races between about 1964 and 1980

I'm probably the ONLY part time "helper" in history that was such a fan that I built a full size and drivable replica of the car/he was a "helper" on!!

Here is the *link* to some pics of the car when we (me and my best racing friend that HELPED get this car ready from a $125 abused car..to a FULL NASCAR replica!!) towed ALL the way from here in West Michigan to Darlington Raceway in South Carolina (about 1000 miles one way and I did non-stop just to see if I could do it at age 58...Frank and those guys used to do this all the time...several times during the season!!!!;)....AND more info about how it got built also!!

We put about 90 (yea.."count 'em") laps in there and will have this car in several car shows in MIchigan this year...maybe back in Darlington again in '09!!!

So Frank Warren (do a "search" for him on here...and you'll see how many races he ran...with very LITTLE money and just ONE car!!) and maybe J.D McDuffie, or Baxter Price...or...Rick Newsome...or...Elmo Langley...Jabe and Ronnie Thomas..Bobby Wawak (I did the lettering and numbers and was a "helper" on his car also!)...and so many more!!

OHH..here's the *link* to some pics of our "Frank Warren replica Dodge Magnum"...taken at Darlinton Racway this past Labor Day weekend!!!...

Hope I type this right!!!

http://www.mopardealer.com/warren.htm
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
I just KNEW I'd spell DarlinGton wrong on the post above...anyway...do we have any magic members near DarlinGton SC????

We just might go back for the 2nd annual "Darlington Historic Racic Festival" for 2009!! It's going to be at the end of Sept. (less heat then anyway!!)this year and already scheduled!! (do a search for that also!)

Go to "vintageovalracing.com" for news about this or the Darlington Raceway 'site...they're the ones that made this possible!!!...and see the schedule for this year there!!

Please...anybody (magi's!!) near there that might attend...please post or e-me!!! If enought we'll really try and go the 1000 miles(yea...one way!!) and do this again!!

Will definitly have my "torn and restored (and handed out!!) newspaper" really READY by then!!!

Didn't I already post this before???..anyway,it'll be on here again!!!....

Better twice than not at all!!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Cool. I miss the days of being able to tell cars apart by their profiles.

Quote:
On 2009-03-18 23:37, TomBaker wrote:
I just KNEW I'd spell DarlinGton wrong on the post above...anyway...do we have any magic members near DarlinGton SC????

We just might go back for the 2nd annual "Darlington Historic Racic Festival" for 2009!! It's going to be at the end of Sept. (less heat then anyway!!)this year and already scheduled!! (do a search for that also!)

Go to "vintageovalracing.com" for news about this or the Darlington Raceway 'site...they're the ones that made this possible!!!...and see the schedule for this year there!!

Please...anybody (magi's!!) near there that might attend...please post or e-me!!! If enought we'll really try and go the 1000 miles(yea...one way!!) and do this again!!

Will definitly have my "torn and restored (and handed out!!) newspaper" really READY by then!!!

Didn't I already post this before???..anyway,it'll be on here again!!!....

Better twice than not at all!!
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
If there were a category for fictional characters my final two would be "Shake n' Bake!"
Instead I choose two important officials, "Cannonball" Baker and "Barky" Barkhimer.

When I was still in grade school, my mom had a frind who's husband was a stock car driver. We used to go watch the races and then get to hang around in the pits afterwards until the wee hours of the morning, watching grown men get drunk and pull guns on each other. At that age, I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Later, I worked for a Bail Enforcement Officer who was also a stock car racer in his spare time. He had a junked out Shelby GT500KR that he wanted to be buried in out in his backyard. Quite a character.

The closest I ever came to a real NASCAR pro was Dale Sr. and Richard Petty at Madame Tusseaude's wax museum in Vegas Smile
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your NASCAR Hall of Fame Picks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL