The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Magic Inc. Benefit for Cellini!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
Magic Inc. in Chicago is holding a benefit at 8:00pm on April 3rd in the Jay Marshall Lecture Hall for Jim Cellini. Tickets will be $25.00 a piece and everything raised will be going directly to Jim. The line up for the evening is great and still growing. So far we have:

Sandy Marshall - 2 time Emmy winner and son of Jay Marshall MCing and Performing
Tomas Medina
David Kovak
Ben Barnes
Dennis Watkins
John Sturk
Pedro Nieves (Magic Inc. Manager)
Ben Whiting (Magic Inc. Head Demonstrator and Cellini Student)

with more names to come....

There will be raffles, auctions, and for an additional $25 you can enjoy a dinner with the cast afterwards. Again Everything raised will go directly to Jim. If your in the Chicago area we hope you can come and help us help the greatest street magician of all time during these difficult times.

Info will be up on the Magic Inc. website soon, but if you have any questions feel free to call the shop at 773-334-2855 or email us at info@magicinc.net

Thank you all,
Ben Whiting
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Hey.. Great that your doing this Ben
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
I'll never be able to pay him back for everything he's done for me (not to mention the magic community in general) but I hope this will be a start.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS

WHY STEVE BROOKS, OR WHOEVER RUNS THIS PLACE HASN'T SENT ME AND EVEROYONE ELSE A PM ABOUT A DONATION FOR CELLINI

YET THEY FILL MY PM BOX UP EVERY WEEK WITH ALL KIND OF OTHER BS ADS, AND MARKETING PLOYS.

I'VE ALSO RECEIVED PM'S FROM STEVE WHEN OTHER PEOPLE WERE IN NEED OF SUPPORT

SO HOW COME NOTHING ABOUT CELLINI.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Something else I would like to know is..

All these dealers putting together package deals for Cellini haven't mentioned a thing about HOW MUCH of the money would actually be going to Jim..

It wouldn't be pretty if some of us found out that they were using Cellini as a tool to boost sales for personal gain

Cellini's name has been used for this very reason enough already
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 19:31, G.Gilbert wrote:
All these dealers putting together package deals for Cellini haven't mentioned a thing about HOW MUCH of the money would actually be going to Jim..

Quote:
On 2009-03-17 16:51, BenRoss wrote:
Tickets will be $25.00 a piece and everything raised will be going directly to Jim.

Hmm...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Ben:

I wish I could be there. Please give my best to all of the folks at the benefit.

See you at the MCA weekend.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 19:24, G.Gilbert wrote:
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS
WHY STEVE BROOKS, OR WHOEVER RUNS THIS PLACE HASN'T SENT ME AND EVEROYONE ELSE A PM ABOUT A DONATION FOR CELLINI
YET THEY FILL MY PM BOX UP EVERY WEEK WITH ALL KIND OF OTHER BS ADS, AND MARKETING PLOYS.

Steve can fill my PM box with anything he dang well cares to, because:
1) It's his site.
2) He's created and maintained this very good quality, one-of-its kind site for magicians.
3) He does it absolutely free.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:

I am under the impression that everything in the boxes Frank is putting together are donated, and that nobody is making any money on them except Cellini.

I don't know about other dealers.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Every penny of profit from the sale of my boxes plus $5 of my own per box goes to Jim. This is the same thing I did for Dean Dill a few years ago.

So all is going to Jim except the cost to make the pouches, purses, loop balls, and the cost of the manip. balls. I cannot think of anything else that costs any money.

If you're not comfortable going this route send Jim your donations directly.

p.s. Steve Brooks is also donating to the cause.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
100% of everything raised by Magic Inc. will be going straight to Jim. If you can't make it to the benefit show and would like to still send a donation feel free. If you'd rather send it yourself directly to Jim his address is:

Im Roggebode 5
5400 Baden
Switzerland

If you're writing a check, be sure to make it out to Richard Sullivan.

I just found out we'll be auctioning off an extremely nice oil painting of a set of Cellini Cups. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated as new things develop for the event.

-Ben
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
Quote:
Something else I would like to know is..

It wouldn't be pretty if some of us found out that they were using Cellini as a tool to boost sales for personal gain

Cellini's name has been used for this very reason enough already

Well said George
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
You know, the purest way is to click on Dave V's Paypal link and donate some bucks and not worry about all this stuff. Magic is full of folks out to rig the system for their own gain not that anyone here would do that.

I am absolutely sure that Dave V is honest and will send the dough to Jim.

-=tabman

Keep us posted on the auction of the painting of the cups. That sounds great.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2009-03-18 11:50, tabman wrote:
You know, the purest way is to click on Dave V's Paypal link and donate some bucks and not worry about all this stuff. Magic is full of folks out to rig the system for their own gain not that anyone here would do that.

I am absolutely sure that Dave V is honest and will send the dough to Jim.

-=tabman

Keep us posted on the auction of the painting of the cups. That sounds great.

Dave V has really done very good work.
Thanks Dave!
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-03-18 11:57, Jim Wilder wrote:
Dave V has really done very good work.
Thanks Dave!

Indeed. He has proven himself over many years. I have known him since almost the dawn of time.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Thank you Jim and Tabby. Just to make sure everything is out in the open, everyone knows Paypal charges a fee for accepting money. I'm paying that fee out of my pocket so everything donated is passed on. Although Jim doesn't see that part, my paying that fee is my contribution to the cause and so far it's greater than most of the donations. The only thing that doesn't make it to Cellini is the wire fee to transfer the money to Switzerland. Western Union charges even more to send money, and if I paid both that and Paypal, I'd be broke myself.

For some reason Switzerland is one of the countries that's hard to deal with. If I find a way to send money cheaper I would, but International Money Orders and direct bank transfers aren't accepted there. So for now, all money (minus Western Union charges) makes it to Cellini by way of his wife Marianne (she has to go in person to a local Western Union agent to pick up the cash).
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
You don't need to thank me for telling the truth.

Having her get cash is a good thing. I view cash as king. WU does charge up the a** though. Does Cellini have a Paypal account I wonder??? I have an ATM card from my Paypal acct and have access to the cash using that.

-=tabman

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
No he doesn't, although that would have been ideal. He knows nothing about computers. Marianne is the one with the "computer smarts." It wouldn't cost her anything to set up the account, and you're right the fees are much lower. Maybe I should write to her again and ask.

BTW, I've been browsing the old MAGIC! archives again. Reminds me that I haven't eaten yet. I wonder if we have any peanuts in the house?
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-03-18 13:01, Dave V wrote:

BTW, I've been browsing the old MAGIC! archives again.

An entire group of messages were lost after the sabatage and then the earthquake that destroyed Dave Lichtman's headquarters in Araleta. Gary Plants was going to send them to me at one point as he had them archived. I think they were on 5.25" floppys. Do they still make a reader for that kind of disk??

If she could set up a Paypal account it would put more of the $$ in their pockets at the end of the day and also give folks a way to buy stuff from them. Seems to be a perfect solution.

Thinking good thoughts...

-=tabman

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just wrote to her. We'll see what happens.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Magic Inc. Benefit for Cellini!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL