The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Stuff" by James Brown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
James puts it like this in the introduction "A collection of working card effects-but not for the meek."

Some of these are brand new, some of them takes on published effects and one or two new takes on material James has previously released.

there are seven card effects in all, each and every one part of James working repetoire.

here we go:

1: Thought Of Cards to pocket:
This is GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS. It really is.
I hate reviews where it says "this single effect is worth the whole price." Allow me to be hypocritical when I say that this REALLY is worth the whole price.
literally, a card is placed into the pocket of the performer, a card is then chosen and a second card is Named.
The chosen card is found, and the named card is also found-to be the one placed in the performer's pocket at the start.

2: Caught 3 Times:
This is essentially a sandwich effect with three selections. Having done this before for laypeople, I can vouch for it's effectiveness.
It allows for some strong presentations and is lots of fun to perform.

3: Brainless Travelers:
This is James' much discussed "thought of Cards Across" routine. A non-gaffer version of "strange travellers."
For the sensible of you, who will own James' "Still Fancy a Pot of Jam DVD?" then you will know this effect already. This has got some updated thinking to make it slightly different for a lay audience.
I'm not saying it's better because personally, I won't be taking the new thinking into account when I perform this trick from now on-but that's not to say that YOU won't.

4: Ahead And Under:
Four of a kind vanish from the pack and appear, well, anywhere.
This is practical and much fun to play with.
also REALLY useful for anyone wanting to build their confidence with routines like Card Under Glass, box etc.

5: Triple whack:
This is James' take on "Whack My Pack" By Paul Harris. I believe it is in one of his "Art of Astonishment" books. Someone might have to correct me on this because I don't own the books.
Basically, three cards are selected, and the deck is then shuffled. The spectators are told to grab their card when they've seen it. The magician deals off cards until at one point-all the spectators try and grab the same card-who would've thought they'd all pick the same one. Only-it's not their. The card they try and grab isn't their card. it was the card previously dealt. turns out it's not in the dealt pile or the rest of the pack. Where is it? Only inside the card box!

6: ITHwich:
to Quote the lecture notes: "the spectators card vanished from the deck and reappears between the two face cards that they have sandwiched between their hands from the beginning."
I can't really add on to this-I shall have a play with it and probably come back and report but it does indeed look like something very strong indeed.

7: Card On Ceiling:
This is simply a few touches and thoughts that James has had regarding this classic card effect.
If applied, this really could go to a whole new level in a spectators mind.

Those are the tricks coupled with my thoughts.

enjoy.

Elliott
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Where can this be purchased?

Sean
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
http://www.jamesbrownmagic.com/magicians.asp

£7.50 that's top quality price, bout $11 too you americans
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
Sorry Sean,
forgot to include that bit.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
No worries, I got it already. Digesting it tonight. Thanks for the heads up. I am a fan of James Brown and his magic. Thanks again.

Best,

Sean
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Probably going to get this

everyone like it so far?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Yes!
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Got this now, cant wait to have a proper read
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
I am found of his card on ceilling effect.
I try it, lot of good reaction.

With this idea you can't have the cards flows through the room even if you break your rubberband.
Engali
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Engali
Thought of Cards to Pocket sounds exactly like Jay Sankey's effect Two Kinds.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Stuff" by James Brown (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL