The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Benjamin Earl Magazine - Gambit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
On the GambitMagazine site, it states issues 2 and 3 were being worked on, issue 4 shortly after that and all three should be out by December 2009... I have to say I'm reluctantly aligning myself with J Christensen on this one now :-(

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
It's getting "naughty" now. Earl has grabbed our money and taken a hike. JP
Noel
View Profile
Loyal user
Surrey, England
205 Posts

Profile of Noel
Quote:
On 2010-03-30 21:49, John Pilotzi wrote:
It's getting "naughty" now. Earl has grabbed our money and taken a hike. JP

No he hasn't. Here are the facts -

The first issue of Gambit was released at The Session 2009 at an extra cost event called "Gambit Live" that atteneddes could come to if they wished for £10. For that price they got an hour lecture/demo of the material in the first and following issues of Gambit. At some point during "Gambit Live" Ben announced hat those in the room would also get the second issue sent to them for free as a reward for supporting the launch. Nobody was told in advance that they'd get a free second issue if they signed up to the event so Ben's announcment was a pleasing surprise to everybody. The key differnece is if you had been told it was 2 issues for 1 before hand it may have affecated your buying decison but that wasn't the case. Everybody who entered that room must have been happy with one issue and a demo or they wouldn't have come.

As everybody knows there hasn't been a second issue to date. When there is everybdoy in that room who paid for the first issue will get the second issue. Nobody has subscribed as Ben didn't offer subscriptions.

Hopefully you all understand now.

Noel
(on behalf of Ben)
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Quote:
On 2010-04-01 11:36, Noel wrote:

As everybody knows there hasn't been a second issue to date. When there is everybdoy in that room who paid for the first issue will get the second issue. Nobody has subscribed as Ben didn't offer subscriptions.

Hopefully you all understand now.

Noel
(on behalf of Ben)

Noel do you know if we should expect to see another issue or is this project dead?

Rói
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Noel - is it *because* of that promise made by Ben that the second issue hasn't happened? Could it be that to follow through with that promise would cost Ben more than he'd make on non-free sales?

If this is the case, personally I'm more than happy to purchase the second issue rather than accept it as a handout if this helps the project. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd do this, either. The first issue was great and the material in the lecture/demo was superb... would be a shame not to see more issues given such quality.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Ditto

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Noel Qualter's laughable post was made on April 1st. Hmm...I wonder. JP
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Noel's post seemed coherent and reasonable to me. What exactly was laughable?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Croatoan
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Croatoan
According to the website I can buy the first issue for £12 via Paypal. Has anyone bought it lately as the website doesn't seem to have been updated for a long time and I want to be sure of getting it. Can't really afford my money disappearing into the ether.
tx
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
There's not even a website any more. Lease expired or website being updated?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
NickyEvil
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong SAR
37 Posts

Profile of NickyEvil
I'm still waiting
dan84
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of dan84
Shame this seems to have finished befoe it started, looked as if it could be quite good
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Earl doesn't even reply when you write him, and the website now directs to this: http://www.mdpsupplies.com/?ref=default/
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-03-10 12:48, Andi Peters wrote:
Be patient.

As they say in the Guinness ads, all good things come to he who waits.

Told you! Issue 2 is now available from Ben's site.
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Quote:
On 2010-10-30 07:10, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-10 12:48, Andi Peters wrote:
Be patient.

As they say in the Guinness ads, all good things come to he who waits.

Told you! Issue 2 is now available from Ben's site.

To all those looking at http://www.gambitmagazine.com with surprise. You'll find the new issue on Ben's website, here: http://www.benjaminearl.com/gambit-magazine/
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I got issue 2 of this magazine the other day and I have to say I'm very impressed. It has high production value, some alluring sleights and some great tricks. Ben has quite robust opinions but it's good to read somebody with a strong POV even if I don't agree with everything he says.
Koldo
View Profile
New user
Spain
16 Posts

Profile of Koldo
Someone knows where or how I can find the Issue number one?

Thank you
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Does anyone know when issue 3 will be out?
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Benjamin Earl Magazine - Gambit (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL