The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cellini's ball production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
This is for all the people who have (The Art Of Street Performing). Towards the end of the video Cellini is talking about different hats and how they all give away a different feel and look for the performer. He also produced a palm sized ball (it looked quite like a squeeze production with cards) and dropped it in the hat, then another(same fasion). I now have a hat and am very interested in learning this effect.

He said no matter how many I produce,(he then put the hat back on his head). If anyone knows something like this please post a name of a book, movie, lecture or effect that contains the method. It really seamed to me like it was from Tarbell for some reason, but I only have 1 and 2 at this point. If anyone could help me out I would be so greatful.

Thanks,
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

All of the Cellini sources may be difficult to track down.

If you can get to his lecture, he'll show you how to do it, and the method is in his lecture notes. I believe it is also in his book, "The Royal Touch," which is out of print. I got mine a couple of years ago from Hank Lee for $80 (USD).

Good luck.

Joe in KC

Make magic happen, live a great adventure!
Poindexter
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin USA
57 Posts

Profile of Poindexter
It also appears on Cellini's London Lecture video from International Magic, also available lately from Denny & Lee's
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Is this production something worth working on? How many can you actually produce? Is it really a good overall effect?

Funny thing is, I was at Denny and Lee's and had this video on my pile of magic but for some reason put it back on the shelf....

In your opinions is it worth it.

Thanks for everything...
Poindexter
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin USA
57 Posts

Profile of Poindexter
The method is simple; it might be hiding in Tarbell somewhere, or elsewhere.

But, that being said, get this tape.

If you have the chance to see Cellini lecture, then definitely go see him in person.
But, if, like me, you have not, then get this tape.

It's a great complement to "The Royal Touch," and though there is a bit of overlap between this and "The Art of Street Performing," it is surely worth the money.

Like so much of Cellini's stuff, the method is simple, but the effect is beautiful, pure.

How many? Not an issue....limited only by your imagination and good judgement Smile
And there is a lot of other good stuff on there, too.
Shafique
View Profile
New user
London
57 Posts

Profile of Shafique
I'll second the comments above - it's on the IM lecture video and the method is simplicity itself.

Think "Fickle Nickel."

However, it is a thing of beauty in Cellini's hands.

Cheers,
Shafique
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
DJ, you ask, “How good is the overall effect?” Man, you saw it on the DVD (and if I remember he tipped the method right there!) and it got your full attention. So it must be a little good!

How many can be produced? Well, as many as you want, since it is the same thing over and over again. This is a very, very old gimmick, which is well exploited by Cellini. I believe that he has (or is) putting out an entire DVD/tape of instructions just for this one gimmick.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Wow, when will it be out?
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
Look in Tarbell 6. Lesson 72, Novel Ball Magic, Balls From the Air, Method 3, p.28ff.

And by all means get the entire Tarbell Course.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Yes, it is a BALL man!

Learn it baby, learn it. Smile
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Weird...something just told me this was from Tarbell.

Thanks very much guys.
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Just about everything can be traced to Tarbell. There are a lot of useful things hidden there. It's always worth reading over and over.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Yes Tarbell and the Encyclopedia of Impromtu Magic(Gardner) and other oldies are wonderful references for recreating and making the old new.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
johnloon
View Profile
New user
UK
54 Posts

Profile of johnloon
Check out the International magic " Cellini Lecture", he teaches how that ball trick was done. Very clever gimmick and its very easy to make. Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The dvd is...magic that can be done anywhere...recommended...
kozmo
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
By all means get Cellini's Magic that can be done anywhere. It is much better that the Street magic DVD. It will also teach you some of the items you are interested in. I was lucky enough to see Cellini at Ring 199's lecture about a month ago. He got a standing ovation at the end of his rings routine.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The method is on his "Magic that can be done anywhere" DVD.

He goes into lots of detail.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Also, if you keep up with the "Sidewalk Shuffle" forum, tedb (a.k.a. Kozmo) is selling the balls, if you don't want to make your own.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
You can get the "Royal Touch", which is a very nice book, through the Zauberladen in Zürich, Switzerland. Its in English. They have a web-page:

http://www.zauberladen.com

You then can sure call Hoerbi and he'll help you out.
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Doublelift
why is it better than the street performing video?

koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cellini's ball production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL