The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival Ride Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ev_sp
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ev_sp
Let's try again folks— does anyone out there remember the carnival/illusion plans that were drawn (poorly) by A K Brill and advertised in Billboard and later in Amusement Business Weekly? Would like to hear from anyone who knows about them.
sir real
View Profile
New user
I've been tied to
85 Posts

Profile of sir real
Yes I remember the "Brills Bible". As a matter of fact, I answered an ad in AB and sent a check for $20.00 to get a copy one time. The check went through but I never got the copy. I never pursued it. I found some of that stuff on ebay under a search for "carnival games".
Best regards, Sir Real
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Years ago I had a “Brill’s Bible”. It was a U. F. Grant type of thing. That is, it was vague descriptions and even more vague illustrations. Brill had “borrowed” freely from other works (most of Grant’s stuff was retyped and had a hand drawn illustration added) without any credit given. It was more an idea book than something you could trust to build something from.

Mine disappeared many years ago. I loaned it to a friend and never got it back. Oh well, I haven’t really missed it. I do have a couple of Xeroxed chapters lying around (a couple of stage vanishes that I was interested in building and tacked the copies on the bulletin board above my work bench).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The rights to the Brill Plans were bought back about ten years ago by film maker David Hewitt. After selling reprints for a while, he seemed to have lost interest. There is also a magician down in the Washington DC area that has put out the Brill Bible (but not the plans) on CD-ROM. You can find that on eBay. Also on eBay is a fellow in Indiana that is selling a number of photocopies of some of the plans. He sells under the name of Whizzer0123. It is not Don Birdwell.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival Ride Plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL