We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Purse Suggestion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
425 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
I was looking into investing into a coin purse that would have a variety of usage with coins and maybe other objects as well. One of the coin tricks I would like to use it for is with Paul Green's Two Copper and One Silver and other coin routines as well.

Any thoughts or suggests?

Thanks,

allen
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I'm not exactly sure what "other objects" you would be interested in putting into the purse, but one I might suggest (even if I have no interest in it), is Anthony Miller's "Real Man's Coin Purse". It's for men lol. It has a hold out, and 2 somewhat large compartments that can hold maybe like a maximum of 7 coins. I use it to hold my quarters and the extra Karate coins or half coins I have as well as a dime and penny set lol. The one thing I disagree with is the leather. There is a small strap across the front that you tuck the flap into to keep it closed, but I foudn that if I hold more than maybe 5 coins in each section, the leather is so slippery that the flap doesent't stay down and the purse opens up and there go my coins. I'm sure you ca fit a REALLY small hot rod or some dice in here. Bottle caps would work etc. The price is (I believe) $15 at Penguin Magic.

Another case you might be interested in is a slightly larger one and to me the leather feels nicer, is Eric Jones' "Super Sexy Coin Purse". You can buy them off of him directly or at walmart they sell them. I have seen Eric's and it is not bulgind full of coins, yet he has MANY coins in there. From the quick glance at it, I would say he has 25+ coins (from glance, I noticed many dollar sized coins). The only problem for you, might be the other objects. I keep my half dollar sized coins in here at the compartments are slightly tight so my halves squeeze out the farther I ush them in. There are 6 slots to put your coins that will fit dollars and some bills or cottle caps maybe. In the back, there is a belt loop strap kind of thing, so you can put it on your belt and have it at your disposal all day (I just throw mine in my pocket before I leave in the morning and when the opportunity arises, I might pull this out and get my coins. Everything is very easy to get in and out though (unless you have these really thick Kennedy Halves like I do). If you do routines that need stacks of coins to be palmed before a performance, this is your case. You can probably pack an entire restaurant or walkaround gig in this one case lol. All of your gaffs will be secure and won't get damaged against other coins or in your pockets etc. I don't think I mentioned this but it zippers and for the belt loop, I stick my portable hole(easy button cut out for coins through table Smile) I'm sure this will even fit some business cards if you want to stick them in there. This also doesen't get scratched up and dirty like all of the other purses I have tried lol (there's a sentance I never thought I would say Smile)

There are a few more I can suggest taking a look at, but keep in mind I don't own the following cases. The Goshman vinyl purse looks fairly large enough to keep your dollar sized coins, sponges, bottle caps, silks, thimb tips etc. I know people who use these in professional sittings and love them. I also saw on Curtis Kam's DVD, "Silverado", during a few of the effects, he had a very small leather briefcase type case. It looked very nice and effeciant for a worker. I have not contacted him however on where I might be able to find one of these, so I'm sure a quick PM would get that information. Tom Krzystof has a fairly large section on close up day to day and what to carry your props in that was very interesting and got me thinking about what I really want to hold my props in when I go out casually or at a show and stuff like that, and that is actually the reason I baught the Eric Jones purse. I also think Frank Starsini sells cases you might be interested in. You can contact him as well.

So you can see there are many different ways t oc arry your props, make sure you pick the one you would feel most comfortable protecting what you own Smile
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
425 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
I guess, Mark what I'm looking for is something that will allow me to do the 2 Copper and 1 Silver routine without the clicking of the coins in the purse.

Again, thanks...
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I don't know the routine Paul does so I can only suggest what I wrote above Smile Try a few different ones. Maybe a Ton Onasake purse will suit you if you just want to do that one routine.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Paul uses a purse like this, I believe.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
Like what Jeff........I think you forgot the link...lol
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I made something like that. I have TONS of leftover fabric if you need some, I'm always here Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Eric Jones is selling a purse that is great for magic coin sets and gaffed coins.

I tricked a purse with no frame (Louis Vuitton one leather piece with leather folding to close) by cutting a piece of rubber magnet to size and gluing it in. It enables to keep a shimmed coin(s) underneath (check Tommy Wonder counterfeit coins or Jean Merlin's Big Book of magic or Mark Leveridge for routines)

Round flat neodium magnets can also be used to make a chop purse and then be shown as a token or a blank for a spellbound routine... The magnet can be placed inside but alternatively under the purse. It avoids having to retain some (shimmed) coins into the purse by sleight of hand, and keeps them silent, offering a great liberty in movements (for example for dumping the coins on to the table, secretly retaining some into the purse).
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
I have a couple of magnets like the ones you speak of Lawrence, very interesting.
<BR>Mikey M.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1661 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I've been doing Jim Lewis's C/S/B routine, "Foreign Exchange," for years, using a half-dollar size gaff and a Ton Onosaka coin purse with an internal snap.

I'm switching to dollar size, thanks to Todd Lassen -- who has a brand new way of making the gaff -- and I needed a larger purse so I can keep doing "Foreign Exchange."

I got the large size Onosaka purse and it works beautifully for dollar-size coins. You can see all three sizes at http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/220

Cheers,
Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Purse Suggestion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL