The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey folks,
I need your help on a upcoming NEW release!
The "SNEEKER TWEEKER"!! This will be our version of the Wiz Kote Machine
(with Steve Hart's blessing)
I have had such a high demand to release my version of this effect that I felt the time has come to burn a kid's shoe the Wacky Wolf Way.
Basically, it will be a larger version of the Cellulator and will hold a child's shoe of course. That is where I am having a problem which I am sure many of you have had to deal with.
Problem: Kid's shoes these days are HUGE! Even small kid's shoes due to the excessive rubber moldings, thick heels etc. The load chamber for the prop can only be so big or the overall size of the prop will be huge. I am trying to design this prop so it will actually have smaller overall dimensions than the original Wiz Kote, mostly in the height. I have had several Wiz Kote's in the shop and have noticed the load chamber is really not that big. My main change, in the load chamber, will be that it is a rounded chamber rather than squared. Basically, cut a cylinder tube in half and that is what it would look like. It will be a bit deeper also.
It seems that no matter what I do, there will be folks who complain about the shoe size limitation. ( selection of kid/shoe etc.)
What recommendations can you give to cover this situation in the instruction sheets?
This is kind of hard to explain but I think most of you would get this if you have performed Wiz Kote. Let's get the conversation started and see what we can learn.
Thanks!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Spandex? Use two solid half circle pieces with spandex to form the half cylinder.

Don't forget that most shoes are soft, unless it is a dress shoe. Also, putting the shoe in upside down (laces down) should help quite a bit.
-Matt
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Matthew,
Thanks for the suggestion but spandex could not withstand the abuse such as snags from things stuck in the shoe sole, hard sharp accents on shoes as well as the weight of the shoes etc. It just would not hold up.
I am stuck with a fixed load space for the most part as it has to be solid.
I guess I am trying to find a way to explain and solve the show size limitation.
Thanks for the input!
Chance

Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I've had a Wiz Kote for about 4 years or so. In that time I bet we've used it way over 100 times. Sometimes I will pick out a kid to help, and other times I let one of my assistants. In all of those times not once have we picked a kid to help us with a shoe that was too big to fit in the chamber. As long as you check out the size of the shoe the kids wearing your alright. The kid needs to have a tennis shoe that's fairly close to the burnt one to make it look good. One time we arrived for a show and in setting up realized that somehow the burnt shoe was left at home. I had an old baseball cap in the truck, so I burned it up a bit, and picked out a teenager wearing a cap to help with the trick, and it went over really good.
Bob.
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
352 Posts

Profile of magicone
Chance,

I don't think you will be able to get around this limitation and I know exactly what you are talking about!

My hope would be:

a) smaller feet (balls on mine are fairly tall)
b) slimmer base/electronics area
c) keep your glow plug idea to get rid of those matches
d) use something other than an actual house fire alarm. (I don't know if you do that with the Cellulator or not, just speaking of my Wiz Kote)
e) please make the electronics work 100% correctly, I have a newer version of the WK and if I don't remember to push the button again on the front it starts making noise again.
f) My metal box is smaller than the actual opening in the lid, make it as BIG as possible. I also don't see the reason for the mental box to hinge but I also don't have any recovery box either. (maybe that's why, not sure?)

I look forward to seeing and owning your version! Thank you for taking that shoe size issue into account!

Thanks,
David
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Bob and David,
Thanks for the input. It is very helpful!
David, good news is that I have already taken care of every request you have made.
Nobody can give a 100% guarantee of any electronics not failing but my system seems to be as close as it gets. I am maintaining my original Glow Plug ignition system and have streamlined the entire base area etc. Like I said, it looks almost identical to the Cellulator but will have a few minor modifications and improvements.
Keep the ideas flowing.
Thanks
Chance

Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
So now the BIG question,,, CHANCE,,, WHEN?
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
So now the BIG question,,, CHANCE,,, WHEN?

I know, I'm being a pain. LOL
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
You can have a hand held shoe smeller device It can have a telescopic handle(so it can pack small and travel in side the machine) with an squared C at the bottom The part on the bottom would be the max size for shoe to fit in the machine It would be the best way to judge a kids shoe size If their shoe is bigger than the squared C then you move on to the next kid They would get a kick out of you going in and out of the audience with this Wacky device You could even put a small horn or bell on it to go off when you find the right shoe It is almost like a metal detector or should I say smell detector
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
Also can you please make a die box
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Some kids shoes on the lower side would be canvas converses, keds, and the newer sanuks.

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Aw, I already have the Dirt Eradicator now, and I'm very happy with it. I just can't think of a way to justify getting a Wacky Wolf version, even though I WANT to! Can't wait to see what you come up with, Chance.
It's a bit tricky understanding what you mean about the load chamber, Chance. It's true that kids shoes are deceptively large, my DE seems to have a caverous load chamber, but it only takes a modest size of shoe. My feeling is that the maximum shoe size should be at least the average for a 7-year old. Why not contact a shoe retailer, and ask what sizes are average for 7,8, and 9=year olds, then you will have a better idea of what performers will be demanding in the trenches...
Another gem in the making, I'm sure!
Potty Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Chance, you should know by now that those who will complain about your prop not being able to hold every shoe the will ever come across will still complain irregardless of what ever helpful hints you put in your instructions.

It's simply common sense to do a bit of Prue show work and scope out a volunteer that is wearing the proper sized footwear.

If one fails to find an appropriately shod volunteer then you could do one of two things. Pull a Blaine\Angel and make a kind in your audience a stooge and give him an appropriate pair of shoes to wear or, change the object from a shoe to a baseball cap as has already been suggested.

Build your prop as you intended and simply put in the instructions (and possibly the advertising) that it holds a shoe of a certain size. I think if you make the chamber as large as possible to accommodate today's larger sized shoes you'll already be well ahead of the game.

Plus the fact that it's a Wacky Wolf product and will look 1000% better than any other Wizcote on the market will be good enough for most. The whiners will still continue to whine simply because that's what they do
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Don't sell it to the Dutch they'll clog the thing up.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 11:07, magicgeorge wrote:
Don't sell it to the Dutch they'll clog the thing up.

HA!
-Matt
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Kurt,
When? The Sneeker Tweeker is the next new release. I am currently working on the design/proto-type. Once finalized, I will go into production. During that time we will be re-stocking past items. My guess is that it should be ready Late Spring/early Summer.
I cannot post an estimated retail price until the run is complete due to unseen cost factors during production.

Bernie,
That is a wonderful idea! Let's call it the "Sonic Sneeker Sniffer". It would make a nice accessory to purchase separately. I will think about that one.

Potty,
Good advice as usual. As far as buying one...ya know ya can't resist Smile But if you pass, I think I would understand!

Payne,
Spot on as usual!! I will take comfort in your prophetical scribing.

George,
Cute joke. Took me a minute to get it...ugh.

Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated.
Chance

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Chance, will your version be operable by a solo performer? Also, will the unit have even more bells, whistles and gags than your other props?
As for the Sonic Sneeker Sniffer, what a great idea, and what a great monicker!That's a real tongue-twister, try saying it three times quickly! The Sneeker Sniffer would be appealing to anyone with a version of the Wiz-Kote, it would be funny if it could explode when it found a particularly stinky shoe (really you just found the right shoe for the job). A bit like Axtell's "Off the Meter", but for smelly shoes.
The stinkiest shoe would be the logical choice for cleaning in the Wiz Kote. And it would afford the whole routine a hilarious premise.
:)
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Potty,
The Sneeker Tweeker will be pretty much like the Cellulator in features. I may add a few small changes.
Otherwise, you will need an assistant or a performance area that you can do the "dump & Load" of the shoe.
I wish I had a brilliant idea for the one man load problem but sometimes there is no answer....unless you find one of course Smile
Thanks
Chance

Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Just off the top of my head, what if the Sneaker Sniffer were used to find the shoe initially, utilizing it's incredible odor-identifying powers, it's put away as you "clean" the shoe, then the shoe is found INSIDE the Sneaker Sniffer as a conclusion, with the Sniffer ostensibly left visible during the routine. Just a thought. Can't wait. I've had my Wiz Kote for almost 10 years, used it thousands of times, as well as my Cellulator/Phone-Ally...love both, but can't wait for this one.

Steve
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Steve,
You may be onto something. I have a great idea of how to make this work...well...that is if the idea works.
Folks, please DO NOT post any working methods/suggestions for this concept as I do not want to get wrapped up in who created/invented what. I hope you can understand.
Full credit and a discounted price will be given to Bernie & Steve for pitching the basic concept. The hard work is now in making it a working reality.
Thanks guys.
Chance

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL