The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
965 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Arty,

Can you give more details about the smoke set up?

Being overseas ,getting supplies of the required power etc
has always been a hassle.

How simple is this set up?

Thanks
Wayne
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1363 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Will this work with a smaller shoe than the one specified, or does it have to be the exact one specified in the ad? (If so, I would make my own extra burnt duplicate).

ACE
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Folks,
I will be happy to answer your questions.

Q)Can you give more details about the smoke set up?
A)The smoke system is the exact system I created for my Cellulator effect.
Be sure smoke pot is clean.
Pour in a small amount of smoke powder.
Press button and the smoke is created. VERY SIMPLE.
Clean out smoke pot after each show.
Notes: You MUST use a DURACELL Brand 9 Volt Battery for proper operation.
Test the Glow Plug BEFORE EVERY show. Make sure it glows. If not, replacing battery is VERY quick. Always carry spare fresh batteries in the ATA Case.
We will provide a direct order link for the special Smoke Powder, Glow Plugs and Duracell 9 Volt Batteries. Please order as much as you can as OVERSEAS/International Customers seem to have a hard time getting the Glow Plug system to work using local brand batteries. I must stress again that you MUST use DURACELL Batteries for the Smoke Ignition System. NO OTHER BRAND will WORK.
You may use any other brand of 9 Volt Battery for the other functions as long as they are fresh.
You will require a total of (4) Four 9 Volt Batteries to operate the system.

Q)Could you talk more about the alternate reproductions of the shoe?
A)I will need to show these to you rather than talk about them. They are variable handling methods of the polishing cloth that I simply cannot put in words. I will post the demos sometime this month.

Q)Will this work with a smaller shoe than the one specified, or does it have to be the exact one specified in the ad?
A) Yes, Absolutely. You will need a burnt shoe match as well. You cannot borrow too small of a shoe or the security straps will not hold it in place. The provided burnt shoe is so destroyed that it can pass for many brands of shoes.

Q)Does the baby crying sound effect come with it?
A)Well, you may not need me to supply the crying child as that may come with the gig Smile

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try my best to answer them ASAP.
Thanks
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
In the UK, Maplin's own brand batteries seem to be as efficient, or better than Duracell. I wait for their 50% off deals, then buy loads all at once. I'd put money on it that they will be fine for the Sneeker Tweeker.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Potty,
That sounds great! My customers in Singapore, Canada and few others countries seemed to have difficulties finding 9 V batteries that had a true 9 Volts.

Let's discuss in detail the Power System for the Sneeker Tweeker.
The unit requires (4) Four 9 Volt Batteries to operate.

Battery 1 / Flashing Lights and Siren
This battery will last a very long time. I cannot give you an exact time as I have never been able to drain a battery completely however it is MANY hours.

Battery 2 / Flashing Lights on Rear Panel
Just like battery 1, this battery will last a very long time. I cannot give you an exact time as I have never been able to drain a battery completely however it is MANY hours.

Battery 3 / Buffing Wheel Motor
The Battery that powers the Buffing Wheel Motor will have a shorter life due to the large load on the batteries power.
Typically you can get 3-5 minutes per battery. That battery would have to be discarded as it will be depleted completely. It is important to pre-spin the Buffing Wheel (as shown in demo video) as this removes the start up energy needed to get the wheel up to maximum speed. You do not have to pre-spin the wheel but it is recommended for longer battery life.

Battery 4 / GP-1 Smoke Ignition System (Glow Plug)
My GP-1 Ignition System is as near fail safe as you can get just as long as you CHECK/TEST BEFORE the showtime making sure you have a strong glow.
Typically you can get 15-20 ignitions per battery.
Once the battery does not activate the glow plug, you may then save that battery and use it to replace Battery 1 and Battery 2 as there is plenty of juice left to power those features.

Overall, it should cost you around .75 cents per performance which is not bad considering all the features being powered.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask as many questions as you like.
Thanks
Chance

dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of dking66
Chance -
Can the burnt shoe be unstrapped and taken off the unit for gags, etc... then strapped back on prior to the reveal?
Thanks, my friend!
Doug
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Wow, Chance, that's some great information. I think it would be great if we could convince manufacturers to give that kind of information about every trick! Of course, every performance of a magic trick costs money, even if it's just the wear and tear on the props.
Doug
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Quote:
On 2009-10-04 15:41, dking66 wrote:
Chance -
Can the burnt shoe be unstrapped and taken off the unit for gags, etc... then strapped back on prior to the reveal?
Thanks, my friend!
Doug

Doug,
Absolutely! The burnt shoe CAN be removed. I strongly urge folks to do so to help sell the effect.
I chose not to on the demo video due to time constraints etc.
Hope this helps!
Thanks
Chance

Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Potty,
I hope to give as much info as possible as I know this is a large investment on your parts.
Thanks so much for the compliments and support!
Chance

magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Quote:
On 2009-10-04 14:22, Potty the Pirate wrote:
In the UK, Maplin's own brand batteries seem to be as efficient, or better than Duracell. I wait for their 50% off deals, then buy loads all at once. I'd put money on it that they will be fine for the Sneeker Tweeker.

I will also add another brand. I get all of my batteries from Toys R Us. They stock Philips Powerlife. They're excellent, and definitely on par with Duracell. I use them all the time for radio mics and can get about 5 shows of constant use from one battery. They're package up in a '4+4 Free' style and come in at £7.99 per pack (just £1.00 per battery). Absolute bargain.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey folks,
Some great questions came in from a good customer of ours. I felt it best to post them, with answers, to help in your decision making process or to inform those who have already pre-ordered.
Here are the questions:

1: Looks like you spin the buffing wheel...is is powered by the four 9V batteries?

Answer: The Buffing Wheel uses 1 of the 4 batteries. The pre-spin is to helps reduce the power usage on the battery during the initial start up. You do NOT need to pre-spin the Buffing Wheel however, if you do, the battery will last much longer.
Please refer to the previous page,in this thread, for more info on the batteries.

2: The vanish seems to be hands-free and automatic. I hope there were no "camera tricks" here for us potential buyers! It is so clean, I don't see the show rotate or drop out of site when the burnt one shows up. In fact, that is my question...because it almost seem too good to be true! Is it that good, or was this just a lucky film shot?

Answer: After viewing the demo video, I thought there was camera tricks myself! I can ASSURE you there is NO CAMERA TRICKERY. What you see is exactly what you get. Fortunately it is as good as it looks Smile
The switch is a mechanical method (NON ELECTRONIC). Very reliable and easy to execute with minimal practice however you WILL NEED TO PRACTICE.

3: The reappearance is not so seemingly automatic. Seems simple and fast though. Is this correct?

Answer: Yes, as I stated in the previous page in this thread, we will be providing alternate reveals as well.

4: The video is done with a music overlay...so my question is whether the illusion is quiet. Can I do it in a living room with kids on the floor at a birthday party...or at a school for a class sitting right in front of me? Or does it have to be performed on a stag?

Answer: The effect is very quiet. There is a slight thud sound during the switch which is easily covered by the siren wailing. Otherwise, VERY quiet. The effect can be performed in almost any setting with the exception of extreme close up.
You DO NOT need music in the background to perform this.

5: In the video, you are dressed in black, the table is black, the background is black, and the lighting is basically low. Is this needed for the trick? I am still stuck on the fact that a partially WHITE shoe vanished with limited cover of that polishing wheel and never flashed!

Answer: The black clothes and backdrop were only chosen to make the smoke more visible. The bad lighting was due to lack of investing in quality lights and digital video camera. This can be done in FULL LIGHTING and you can use a solid WHITE shoe and it will look just as effective...maybe even better.

6: Part of the fun of the original Wiz Coat that I have is that the kid can be standing up there next to me....and his reactions to his shoe being burnt slap up is hysterical nearly every time. Can the kid stand next to me with this version?

Answer: Yes, the child may be onstage. No problem.

I hope this helps and feel free to post any further questions or ideas in handling/routine!
For the record, we are making 34 units for the first run and have pre-sold 20 units so far.
THANKS so much for the great support!
Chance

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3941 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Chance,

After the burnt show is shown, can it be removed from the machine/strap to "give" to the child and then after a bit of by-play, put back on the machine with the strap and then do the restoration?

Thank you.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Quote:
On 2009-10-12 11:04, magicinsight wrote:
Chance,

After the burnt show is shown, can it be removed from the machine/strap to "give" to the child and then after a bit of by-play, put back on the machine with the strap and then do the restoration?

Thank you.

Michael

Absolutely! Yes, the Burnt Shoe can be removed. I chose not to remove it in the video demo due to time constraints.
We do provide a Burnt Shoe with the package deal as well.
Hope this helps!
Chance

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3941 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Chance,

Thank you for the reply. I just sent you an email regarding the order. Will you be offering extra pads for the machine?

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

I used "Dirt Eradicator" this last weekend - it reminds me how much kids enjoy the shoe-burning plot. Chance's new product will take the routine to new levels - mainly because the Sneeker Tweeker is small enough to use in parlour shows, and because the "burning" happens in front of your eyes!
I can't wait to have this one in my arsenal, a very strong piece of kid shoe (I mean "show") magic!
;)
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
965 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Any new photos to show us yet Chance?
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Michael,
I never really thought about extra cleaning pads as they really should not get too dirty unless your burnt shoe has a lot of powdery black gunk. I seal the one supplied to they should not shed black ash.
To answer your question, I can make extra Cleaning Pad wheels for those who may need them.
Thanks for your order!!

Potty,
Great points and I am sure you will take this prop and create yet another fantastic routine!! Thanks so much for the great input and support!

Wayne,
I will be posting some production pics later this week. I will post a link here in the Café as well as my website.
Thanks guys!
Chance

WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
965 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
It's nearly time ......cool banana's
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
965 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Come on Chance , don't keep those photos to yourself.

I know yer a busy man, but oh the wait is killin me.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Wayne,
OK..I promise to post production pics of the Sneeker Tweeker by tonight or tomorrow.
Things are going well and we should be very close to the estimated shipping date.
We will probably need a few extra days so the new estimated shipping date is Monday, Nov 2.
Overall not bad since we actually have no idea how long a first run will take. My crystal ball is only a few days off so far...not bad Smile
Thanks!
Chance

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL