The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2226 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Chance, it would be easier if you put the switches (for lights, alarm and glow plug) in front of the unit so that only one hand can operate the switches discreetly.

In the Cellulator, I find my other hand behind the unit (when operating the switches) brings suspicion that I am stealing the cellphone. But maybe, it's just me.
Also, please use stainless steel or brass screws inside because the smoke tends to rust the steel parts.

I suggest that you use a 1.5v or 3v glow plug instead of the 9v glow plug which drains the power supply faster and stops the alarm. A separate power supply for it would even be better.

Also, you can get more unique sounds, hrons, alarms and lights from the latest bicycle accessories (made in china) which are all powered with just 2 AA batteries. In this way, the user can choose what alarm sound he prefers.

For the lid, I would make it a pivot/swivel type so that you could show it front and back.

For shoe size, when I don't find the right shoe, I get the kid to borrow the mother's shoe of the step in heel type. I always bring a burnt version of it. Kids even feel more guilty when it's his or her mom's shoe. In other parties, just do the "Bring Me" game to choose which shoe is the smallest and ideal.

Lou
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Lou,
Thanks for the input. Let me address your points one at a time.

Switch Positioning: I placed them to the back to create the effect that the Machine is reacting/working on its own rather than the spectators seeing you actually flip the switch. I think the hand to the back is a non issue if your hands come out without the phone it it etc. I might put one active switch to the front. I will have to give it some thought.

Hardware corrosion/rust: The smoke is very corrosive no matter what you put in there but I will run some tests and see what works best.

Glow Plug: The unit was designed to use one 9volt battery in order to power everything with 1 battery. Extra batteries is a hassle for the performer. I am pretty sure the lower volt Glow Plug will drain the lower volt batteries just as fast. I will look into that but I really don't think it will make a huge difference. Important to note that the original Wiz Kote used a different ignition system that was not only more complicated but it also used Rocket Ignitors which cost $1.10 each. That is almost the cost of one 9 volt battery which ignites 15-20 ignitions. It is an awesome improvement and saves a LOT of money as is.

Glow Plug/Siren cut off: I will try to redesign the system so the alarm does not stop while igniting the glow plug.
I avoid this by igniting the smoke first, let it start smoking, run to the machine and adjust some knobs while I secretly activate the siren switch. When the alarm sounds you JUMP back freak out and grab the antenna breaking it off etc etc. Problem solved and it plays better in that sequence.

Siren variations: I prefer the siren I am using now as it is extremely loud and annoying which is good Smile

Pivoting/Swivel lid: Good recommendation but not relevant to this effect. Remember, at the point in the routine that you are removing the lid, you are not trying to show and say "look it's normal and empty" rather you are in a panic and ripping it off and tossing it away. Their shoe is on FIRE and you do not want to take away from that momentum.
No need to run when you are not being chased.

It is very hard to design the perfect prop. I think very hard about the user as well as it's ability to withstand use. Some things are simply impossible to make perfect so I try to get as close as possible while keeping the majority of folks happy.
Thanks for the great points as they were all very valid.
Thanks
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Chance
Doing a one man dump and load is how I do the routine. I will PM you.
Ken
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
For those of you who have recommended routine ideas and tips within this thread. Please email your ideas. I need to be sure to give proper credit if I use them in the instructions.
email:magician@wolfsmagic.com
Thanks
Chance

Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Oh man...I can't wait to see this one...time to start saving...

Ken
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Wouldn't oval be better that round? I'd rather have a bigger prop that would pack flat and fit a large kids shoe. I love the "Microwave" sound, that annoying pesky sound is very recognizable and appropriate for the gag. Improved buttons and some bright LED's going from green to yellow to red set on a timer or once the third button is moved could add to the chaos. Once the third switch is moved by the kid the thing could be set to talk off on its own. That way I don't have to touch it myself.

If you cann figure a way to stop the kid from crying about me burning the sneeker, that would be a great improvement. I now use a high heel and use the teacher as a stooge - there's nothing funnier that burning the teacher's shoe.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Christopher,
You may personally not mind a larger prop but the majority of folks want the prop as compact as possible.
The load is not round. It is basically a long half tube shape. Picture a 10" tube that is about 7" diameter. Cut it in half longways and lay flat. That is the load design. It makes sense in design and load space.
The lights and sirens etc have already been designed for the most part. If you have not yet seen my CELLULATOR,I have attached a pic. It will be larger of course with a few cosmetic changes.
Thanks for the input.
Chance

Click here to view attached image.

kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Michael Fitch used a fantastic sound effect for his 'Matter Transportation Helmets' in the kids competition at Blackpool this year - it was similar to the sound made when they switch on their backpacks in Ghostbusters - it would be a great 'powering up' noise for your new prop.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
Chance I sent you an e mail about the design of the Sneeker Sniffer and some routine ideas and tips.I hope it can help.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2226 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Another idea: Use a window alarm switch (magnet switch)to turn off the alarm when the box flaps are down and the burnt shoe is revealed. This could be attached to the back and any of the sides.
In the cellulator, I have to lift the back side and reach under to turn it off.
Another alternative is to have another alarm switch inside beside the smoke cup.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
I like the idea of a shoe / hat option.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow....I just came upon this thread. Time to start saving.....and thinking!

Chance, I'm sure there are several things I'd like to mention, but I'll have to read this thread more carefully when I get more time. Right off the top of my head I can think of one thing that I would like to see changed. (Based on the Cellulator design) I would like have the bottom of lid open so the ditch could be made that way.

Regan
Mister Mystery
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Chance...

We all know its going to be a GREAT prop.. And I do respect you reaching out for input.. but as you will find everyone will have a thought, ideal or a better way of doing it.. and nothing wrong with that.. some great ideals have been mention on this post. But........BUILD IT MAN!!!! WE SHALL BUY!!!!!! As many request as you have had for this prop this thing is going to sell and sell fast. Congrats!!! on taking this time tested prop to the next level.

Don
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Don,
You make some good points. The problem is that I cannot do every suggestion but I will weed through them and make my decisions based on practicality and time/cost factors. In the end I am sure it will please most everyone.
My goal is to have these ready by early Summer.
Thanks for the great suggestions folks! It is appreciated.
OK...back to the drawing table to make this thing a reality.
Chance

kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I would have to say to chance please do listen. It is one thing to sell something or "sell fast" and yes people will buy it because everyone knows Chance's fine work. But getting ideas on making a product better is great idea. I think he should make it right with ideas from guys who are going to be using this day in day out. Chance is making something that has been out for along time and many top professionals use it. I think it is in Chances best interest to make this product TONS better and again getting ideas is where it should start.
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Wizzo the wizard
I agree with you Ken. That is what Steve Axtell did for his Remote Puppets he asked members on the Café for their thoughts, and he listened and then produced a fantastic product!

When Chance has finished this prop it will be well worth it!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I agree with Ken and Wizzo! How many other manufacturer's do you know that really goes out and akss for input from their customers before production begins? I do not know very many. Chance builds fabtastic products, and his customer service is great too. By doing a pre-production research he is going to eliminate many potential problems and have the closest thing to perfection that he can get.

Take your time, Chance. A lot of magicians have waited a long time for this, and I am sure they will be willing to wait a little longer.

Regan
Mister Mystery
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Chance got my point.. you will not please everyone.. and we all now that Wolf's products do sell fast and that is not a negative. it speaks to the man and his company.. again Chance got my point. you cant please everyone make it practical get great input and the feed back you want from the Café and move on and build it..
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Chance, another thing that is important to me is a good way to reproduce the "restored" shoe. I love the idea that was mentioned earlier (The Smelly Shoe Sniffer....or whatever it was called) Another thought is using some type of detergent box that would double as a restoration box.
Mister Mystery
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Dbmagic,
You nailed it! let's see where this goes.

Regan,
Reproducing the shoe is a whole new project/ another prop at an additional expense. I think Chalet had the best answer with the Retrieval Table System. I cannot step on his toes so you may want to get your orders in soon as he is typically backed up.
Honestly, I am not going to try and solve that problem anytime soon. For decades, magicians have been getting by with retrieval methods of their own and I plan to include as many as are sent to me within the instruction sheets.
I love the Shoe Sniffer idea but it may take a while to get to it. There is a lot more that goes into developing a brand new idea than most folks know.

Keep the input coming as I am seriously considering each and every one. Take no offense if I do not use all of them as every idea/enhancement costs money which increases the price of the prop. I don't want to build it out of the market so I have to be careful.
Thanks
Chance

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL