The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Regarding the shoe size, it's surely vital not to make the chamber TOO small. I mean, you don't want to have to worry that you won't find a kid with such a small shoe.
There could be a get-out tactic if you DO find you're trying to work with a shoe that's too big. But I think the sniffing gadget with the lovely tongue-twister name sounds brilliant! I will definitely get one of those to use with my DE.
Regan, the Dirt Eradicator manages the "magic" side of things pretty well. The shoe is retrieved from within a nest of boxes. But it certainly isn't a small prop. It's a HUGE thing to carry, with a table and TWO large wooden boxes.....so, the Wolf version sounds much more compact.
Can't wait to see this, even though I don't think I can justify buying one....yet....
;)
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I agree with Potty about the size of the chamber not being too small. I think Chance has already settled on athe size, but hope it will be compatible with kids shoes and at least smaller-sized adult shoes. I'm sure I will want to be able to use it with adults sometimes.

Regan
Mister Mystery
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of dking66
Agree, Regan. I use my Wiz Kote more with an adult shoe (ladies black flat) than with a kid shoe. Though these posts are under the "Little Darlings" section, I trust Chance's design/color scheme will be somewhat like the Cellulator... so that it could be used for adult shows, as well as kid shows. Also, it would be nice for the load area to be a little larger than the Wiz Kote... but not too much larger. I ditch my Wiz Kote lid into my Lefler table. Lots of performers use a Lefler type table... so hope the lid Chance designs will fit on the top shelf of a Lefler table. Just my preference. Sure sounds like another winner from Wolfs Magic!
Doug
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey folks,
The load chamber is actually LARGER than the original Wiz Kote. It will be about one inch wider/longer and it will be rounded. If the shoe is placed upsidedown within the chamber it will achieve maximum load size.
I will take the advice suggested and bring a proto-type load chamber to the store and test fit various shoes. I am sure I will get some strange looks Smile
Thanks guys!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Chance
having had the wiz Kote for along time I have never had an issue of a shoe not fitting .

Ken
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Once again I feel obligated to mention for the record that the original "One and Only Polisher of Sneakers (O.O.P.S!)" machine was invented by Jim Gerrish in 1976, published in Genii magazine in August - 1985, and is still available to "Do-It-Yourselfers" on my site. It costs about $10 to build it yourself from hardboard and duct tape, and you can make it in one week-end unless you want to add a lot of fancy gadgets... in which case you never finish building it but are continually adding on details the rest of your life. Because you make it yourself, it can be as big or as little as you require. One of the Wiz Kids even built a 4 inch cube hand-held model for vanishing cell phones.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Spellbinder
I will be sure to include Jim Gerrish's name in the credits as well as my website.
I do not want to start the OOPS/Wiz Kote debate as they do share the same effect but differ greatly in design and features but I will be sure to credit him as the first on the block with the concept.
Chance

optimystik
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of optimystik
Sorry to get off topic but simply MUST as There is no "debate" necessary.

It's not a debate....It's a FACT that the whole burnt and restored shoe routine was conceived, designed, performed and then PUBLISHED long before this "wizkote" thing came about. Sick of hearing that name mentioned in regards to this effect.

The OOPS machine and wizkote do not "share" the same effect. The COMEDY BURNT AND RESTORED SHOE effect was original and created by Jim Gerrish and then RIPPED OFF. Either purposely or accidentally Plain and simple.
To say they "share" the same effect like "the vanish of a coin" is just not a fair analogy....like some coincidence.

Even the name O.O.P.S. ( One and Only Polisher of Sneakers) was/is part of the creative process and fits in with the original theme of routine and the original scripted patter. ( A wacky home-made invention that is sure to go awry)

What the heck does the name "Wizcote" mean???....can anyone say what the heck that name has to do with the effect?????? Nothing. (In past "debates" I've heard some grasping at straws but nothing that makes real sense)

The only vague connection that the word "wiz"cote has to the burnt shoe routine (that I can see) is the strange coincidence that Jim Gerrish's troupe of young magicians were/are called the "Wiz Kids" and they were performing this effect long before the "wizkote" was conceived. Now THAT'S what I call a coincidence!

It's not a debate.....it's just down right disturbing to see the creator of a FANTASTIC and now CLASSIC magic effect be constantly overlooked and denied the proper credit due.... for WHATEVER the reason.

I guess it's fair game to read Genii magazine or the Linking Ring parade....and grab an idea....slap on a new name and mass produce it....ignoring the originator.

Hats off to Chance Wolf that he is at least going to mention the true originators name in conjunction with this effect. that's way more than previous builders have done.

My criticism and annoyance is not directed at Chance in any way. I realize that Chance, who is a creator himself, is just doing what he does ......building cool, colorful and wacky props. I am sure that many magicians will do well performing this classic effect/routine with Chance Wolf's creativity building the prop.

However, can't sit by and read about this wondeful effect/routine and not make mention of the true originator...Jim Gerrish. Next time you think "COMEDY BURNT SHOE ROUTINE"...think Jim Gerrish and your knowledge of magic history will be correct.

I guess there is no way now to eradicate all of the "popular" names for this clasic routine/effect...

It's just a ***ed shame that this effect has become popular and known to a generation of magicians under a false name and origin.

Stephen
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Stephen, your beating a dead horse. Search "Wiz-Kote" on the Café and you will see this discussion over and over again. Nothing that you said is new. One trick was created and sold as a packaged product and the other was not. Most magician recognize the routine for that reason. So your beef is with George at Chalet. I couldn't tell you if he had permission or not.

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
optimystik
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of optimystik
Quote:
On 2009-03-31 06:50, Clownboy wrote:
One trick was created and sold as a packaged product and the other was not. Most magician recognize the routine for that reason.
Brad

Thanks Brad, I know why one is a "recognized" name but the real difference is that one was FIRST and ORIGINAL and one is simply not. It's not my effect but I'll give the dead horse a few kicks whenever I see the copycat name mentioned.

I apologize for bringing this up again in this thread and will leave it at that.

I look forward to seeing the new Chance Wolf product....I'm sure it will be really cool.

stephen
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Stephen,
I agree with EVERY point you made and I think it deserves to be brought to attention.
I am a strong supporter of "Creators Rights" (unlike some that say they are and then do the complete opposite) as I actually PAY royalties, on time, on a quartely basis for paticular effects I manufacture.
I am in a bit of a bind as I am PAYING ROYALTIES to Steve Hart. Now tell me that is not a tough spot once you take all matters into the equation. My design is a flamboyant version of Wiz Kote which, in my opinion, I would owe royalties either way to Steve and Chalet. But maybe a percentage split of the royalties is due here as the CONCEPT is relevenat as well.
I will talk to Steve and see where this goes.
Forgive my ignorance but is Jim Gerrish still alive and well? If so, do you have a contact email etc? If not, maybe his estate handlers contact info? I would like to clear this up and get the record straight either way.
Thanks for the info!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Greetings, Chance! I am alive, although how well I am is a matter of opinion. I usually stay out of these brouhaha's so I can concentrate on making magic. I will PM my e-mail address to you.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Good to hear from you Jim! We will discuss this privately.

Hey folks, I can assume Jim and I will get this taken care of so can we please CLOSE this part of the discussion? I am sure all will be well in the end.
Thanks
Chance

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

As Jim Gerrish's plans are available for a few measly dollars, it would seem churlish for ANY purchasers of the Wiz-Cote, Dirt Eradicator, or Sneeker Tweaker, not to go ahead and invest those few extra bucks to obtain the original concept, design, and routine.
I bought the O.O.P.S. manuscript online, had it in moments, and was delighted to have all that additional information. Perhaps Chance should recommend that purchasers of the Sneeker Tweeker obtain a copy for interest and additional ideas.
;)
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Every time I am exposed to either Chance Wolf's products or business practices I am reminded of what a true Master he is.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-04-20 19:19, Gary Shelton wrote:
Every time I am exposed to either Chance Wolf's products or business practices I am reminded of what a true Master he is.

....I believe it was the Americans who learnt how to work hard, and deliver first class customer service. Apparently from the Brits, but sadly, we don't' have those attributes in abundance any more....
:(
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Wizzo the wizard
Hey Chance,
How things going? any update?
Louis
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Folks,
Just a quick update with some GREAT NEWS!!
I am just putting the finishing touches on the final proto-type of the Sneeker Tweeker!
It has come out even better than I had hoped and may surprise many of you as it is COMPLETELY different than any version of the Shoe Burning effect in both looks, routine and method.
The great news is it is a ONE-MAN act and is all self contained from start to finish. The shoe gets borrowed, burnt to a crisp and restored all in one prop! Geez...that makes me almost as cool as Eric Dasher Smile
I can assure you this will be packed with fun!
And it all packs into a briefcase sized light duty Case which is INCLUDED in the final price.
No price has been determined until the run is complete.
We should have the first run complete just days before the Magic LIVE Convention in which we will be debuting the effect there with live demos!
I hope you are as excited as I am with this new release.
Please email us for reservations.
Our waiting/interested list is above 50 people already so I am sure some folks will have to wait for the second run as we are only making 30 units for the first run.
Thanks
Chance
Wolfs Magic

Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Wizzo the wizard
Sound way cool

Louis
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
965 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
You need to put a photo up....

please
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Sneeker Tweeker" Wolfs Magic needs your help! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL