The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Finding card dates (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BMF
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Louis
132 Posts

Profile of BMF
This doesn't seem like exactly the right place to post this, but this is the closest fit that I've found yet.

I have a deck of Bicycle playing cards that is quite old. As far as I can tell from USPCCo's online descriptions, it was made no later than the mid 1930's, and possibly made in the 1920's. Is there a place I could go to check more accurately? I would gladly post a more detailed description and answer any questions that a resident card history buff has. I've had the deck for a couple years, and not knowing exactly what I have is a bit annoying.
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
266 Posts

Profile of tstark
I am a card collector and should be able to date the deck for you. Let me know what the back style is, if you have the box then describe the tax stamp, and let me know what the serial number is on the Ace of Spades. PM me with the information and I will let you know if I need additional info. It is difficult to date a deck with any one piece of information and oftentimes impossible. Tax stamps were applied when a deck was sold and if a deck sat in inventory for twenty years (it has happened) it would get a more recent tax stamp. The serial number on the ace will give you an accurate year based on the letter in the serial number but the letters were re-used and a deck could be from 1926, 1946, 1966, or 1986 because all of those used the letter A. There are several pieces of information that need to come together such as whether "trade mark" appears on either side of the center pip on the Ace of Spades. Russell & Morgan Factories appeared until 1928 on the Ace. If yours does not say Russell and Morgan Factories it should be post 1928.
BMF
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Louis
132 Posts

Profile of BMF
PM'ed. Thanks for the offer!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Finding card dates (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL