The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Reel Magic #10 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Leo!

What the %!!$$*%#@! I didn't think you used such language!

I'm so disappointed... ;O)

ajp
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Reel Magic Magazine is a top quality product one of the best on the market.Just didn't see no need for it in there. That way everyone can enjoy it.

Best
Leo Jr
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I enjoyed the issue a lot. And also appreciated telling the viewers (like me) where to find the explanations of the effects and Move Monkey Explanations.

I am sooo slow!! Figured it out after last issue, but still nice to see.

John
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Koz,

Seriously man... this was a killer episode... I absolutely loved the Silly Billy section... The Criss Angel thing! That was freakin' hilarious!

I also totally dig the feel of this one. I really like the "This is David Regal... stay tuned for some great product reviews..." structure. I like how that "feels."

I also REALLY loved your opening monologue! It's about time somebody said something about that.

Thanks man.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks.....i also like the way it feels and look for it to move in that direction more....
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2009-03-28 16:27, tedb wrote:
Hey guys, just want you to know that # 10 has been shipped and everyone...

issue #11 features chris kenner....chris talks about a very funny encounter with chris angel... you don't want to miss that

thanks for the support

koz

Having seen the teaser for this on the DVD, I have to agree, it's a great story. I'm going to have to renew my subscription now. I don't know how you do it Koz, but every issue is better than the last. With so much in here, how can you turn a profit charging such a low price?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Once again, great job to Koz and the gang for another fantastic issue. I have to admit though, I never caught on that there were explanations for the move monkey effects.(duh!)Now that I know, I've got a reason to revisit the last 9 issues again. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I always enjoy David Regal's reviews. I really like this one.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Does anyone know when Mike Caveney's new book will be ready?
That will be a big deal.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I got my copy yesterday and must say it was fantastic. The Mike Caveney interview was awesome..and yes I want to know when the big book comes out. Loved Silly Billy and everyone else. The tricks and move monkeys were good as well. #11 will be hard pressed to beat this one.

Charlie
daleshrimpton
View Profile
Regular user
the u.k
135 Posts

Profile of daleshrimpton
Simply the best yet.
the tour of the egyptian room archives, amazing!
and this month's regal reviews,definatly his best set to date.. some will no doubt disagree, but I'm not one of them.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Regal is excellent, as ever. The tour of the archives was fascinating.
More on magical history such as this would be great in future issues.

Again, I cannot fault Reel Magic, great value and a quality production.
TBeamanJr
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
55 Posts

Profile of TBeamanJr
Simply amazing issue... they do keep getting better and better. Thanks for the focus on Mike Caveney... he is an outstanding scholar and historian, and way too often underrated or forgotten as a performer as well (it's unfortunate you never hear somebody say that Mike is their favorite performer, or even on their lists). Glad to see some of his "process" in thinking of tricks, and look forward to the release of his big book to see more of it.

The tour of his collection was also amazing. I'd like to hear him say what will eventually happen to the collection. I hope it won't be split up at an auction... I'd certainly hate to think of different people owning one of Doug Henning's shoes.

Also great segments by David Kaye, Simon Lovell, and David Regal. The segment by David Kaye also made me ask, "What's Next" in Reel Magic #11?
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Simon scares my partner. She thinks he looks like a deranged serial killer, especially when he's ranting!

Simon, are you trying to be deliberately frightening?
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I've just watched Regal's reviews. I don't think Mark Mason will be happy when he finds out David has exposed the methods of his two tricks (mis-indexed cards and z-fold wallet), especially when David then plugs three of his books with similar tricks! David obviously has an agenda to sell his own stuff by slating/revealing methods of competitor material.

The reviews no longer feel independent imho.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
He didn't really expose the misindexed cards. He says that the trick comes with the cards to do one of his own effects, but never names his own effect.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2009-05-05 11:14, Jeff Corn wrote:
He didn't really expose the misindexed cards. He says that the trick comes with the cards to do one of his own effects, but never names his own effect.

He shows Mark's actual explanation from the dvd and you can clearly see two misindexed cards. Although David doesn't name his own effects he does tell you which of his books to find them in. Bad form if you ask me.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I must have missed that part. If that's the case, I do agree that it's in bad form.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
vanishingrabbit
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of vanishingrabbit
REEL-ly nice to see some of Cavneys collection. I enjoyed it ..I WANT TO SEE MORE
Magically yours,
Brent Smith
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2009, Kozmo wrote:
david regal Tricks of the Trade
a voice in the wilderness on how to count the cards

Perfect by Mark Mason
Intuition by Hondo
Future Zone by Mark Mason
Clutch by Oz Pearlman
Aaron DeLong’s Believe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Reel Magic #10 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL