The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Squeaker Hunt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brenton Keith
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
31 Posts

Profile of Brenton Keith
I am on the hunt to find the best squeaker. In my opinion, a "Soft Pillow" "Single Talk (one squeak)" small squeaker is ideal. A little over a year ago I bought Doc Wayne's "The Art of Public Squeaking", which came with this type of squeaker. I loved it and became very used to handling it. Unfortunately, after a year, it stopped squeaking. It was 1.75" in diameter and about .75" in height. I have tried to replace it and I've had no luck. I even bought another $6 "Art of Public Squeaking" book just so I could hopefully replace my little gem of a toy, and now it comes with a "Hard Pillow" and not nearly the same quality to get your best squeak on. I even tried to contact Doc Wayne by sending him a letter (his address is in the book), hoping he could help, but he never responded. I am desperate and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Squeaks!
OldZombie
View Profile
New user
Buffalo NY
30 Posts

Profile of OldZombie
I'm not sure of the difference between hard and soft but I got a couple from http://www.magicwarehouse.com that seem to fit your description.
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
I just bought a dozen of the squeakers you described from Bob Little (at I believe 3 for a dollar). We had a short conversation and I believe they are harder to come by (hence my dozen). I just ordered 100 more from him (they're from Europe and I'd hate to be without).

Try him here:

http://www.boblittlessupersunday.com/products.htm

ajp
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
I just picked up a bunch of fine working squeakers from my local pet store. They're sold as replacement squeakers for pet toys and you get 4 for about a dollar. Hard to beat.....
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
BrillionsMagic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of BrillionsMagic
I too am looking for the squeaker that came with my "The Art of Public Squeeking." I stopped by The Magic Corner here in Raleigh NC and the owner was not able to find one either. Type of squeaker (spelled squeeker in the book) that Brenton Keith is talking about is different from the "pillow" style. In my opinion the squeaker that originally came with the book does work better, and I too am desparate to find a new one. I would by a large handful if I could find some. I believe the squeakers we are looking for are called "accordian style" squeakers. If anyone can find these that would be great. I looked at Bob Littl's site and I'm not sure of what kind of squeaker he is selling. I don't want my squeaker to go bad before I have a backup.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Squeaker Hunt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL