The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Budgie In A Dove Pan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hello all

Is this possible and are budgies ok with the dark? I have drilled several holes into the pan for the guy to breath but then I thought what if he doesn't like it. Does anyone have any experience with budgie's in a dove pan?

Luke Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
No, I have not had any experience with budgies in a dove pan. BUT, Budgies do like to be in complete darkness at night, maybe you could try this at night, noise is also a possible problem. Smile
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Yeah. I have put my parakeets in CHICK pans when I was first starting my act. Noise is a problem... they chirp like mad. What you need to do is put him in there for 30 seconds... then a minute... then a minute and 30... and so on... so he gets used to it and doesn't have a heart attack. That's what happened to one of my birds when I was first designing my parakeet act. So just remember... be careful.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Parakeets are not very much like doves. For years I raised them commercially. I tried very hard to use them in magic. (I certainly had hundreds a week to pick from.)

Doves go to sleep in the dark. Parakeets go exploring in the dark. It really changes the whole ball game.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
The main problem I had is noise. It depends on the parakeet too. Some are better than others but for the most part, they chirp like crazy. But, try it out, get your parakeet used to it and you never know, they could be fine with it.
Zaubern Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Parakeets will make noise. However, it takes a while for some magicians to learn to put their doves in the dark back stage too. Show birds get to where they love to be with people and will talk to them backstage during the show if you are not careful.

Lucy and I had that problem at a country club just a few days ago! LOL After all these years we are expected to know better.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Budgie In A Dove Pan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL